Profile for Emmy > Reviews

Content by Emmy

Emmy

Timex Women's Quartz Watch with Gold Dial Analogue Display and Gold Stainless Steel Bracelet T2P159AU

4.0 out of 5 stars Boyfriend-style watch, 2 Jan 2014
The watch has a chunky, boyfriend-style appearance, with a nice coloured gold (not too bright) and delicate Mother-of-pearl inset faces and date feature.

It is a large watch (roughly 3.3cm diameter of the glass of the face), as other reviewers have said, but I disagree that this isn't a ladies watch. Yes, it would be helpful for Amazon to list the face size in the description (which I couldn't find at time of purchase). It is also fairly weighty (105g with five links removed), hence the only reason I have not given it five stars - I haven't been able to wear it over my wrist bone because it bruised when the watch moved when driving, but then I have thin wrists and it is very comfy to wear a little further up my wrist, eliminating this problem.

Nicely presented in a protective box, on a small cushion. Yes, you will have to pay to have links removed (it cost me £7 at Debenhams's watch repair counter), but this should not be a surprise to the buyer if they have smaller wrists - without the extra links, it would not be versatile enough for ladies with varying wrist sizes.

Instruction book is not the best, for sure. It is too nondescript to this style that it is confusing to work this specific model's features. It took me a while to work out that in order to change the date, you need to move the hour hand (and make sure it is not at 12pm, but 12am) - this function does not have it's own 'setting' on the main dial at the size as my other watches have had.

All-in-all, love this watch and would recommend for any lady who likes the 'boyfriend' style.

It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken: The Smart Girl's Breakup Buddy
It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken: The Smart Girl's Breakup Buddy
by Greg Behrendt

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a lifesaver!, 6 Oct 2013
After my ex recently called off our three year relationship, I felt like I couldn't breathe. Literally. My friends and family were being amazing, but nothing was helping the heartbreak that I was feeling, until I found this book randomly. It has taught me so much about breaking up and I can honestly say it has helped remove a great deal of the aching I was feeling. I've even started to move on a bit, which feels incredible as I thought at one stage it would take forever!
The authors are honest, funny and have left me feeling that my breakup has happened for a reason. Greg and Amiira's insight into heartbreak makes me realise I'm not alone in my experiences and that actually, despite how bad I was feeling, I have been coping pretty well with it, considering. I still have moments where I miss my ex or am sad, but just knowing this book is on hand is so reassuring.
If you're heartbroken and truly open to the thought of getting over your hurt and moving on with your, this book will definitely help you on your way. I can't recommend this book enough. Thank you, Greg and Amiira for giving me the kickstart to getting my life back :-)

chinkyboo Fashionable 10x Titanium steel Nose Screw Studs 2mm Rhinestone Crystal Gem Piercing Top Nose Stud Screw
Offered by SWT

4.0 out of 5 stars Love them, only the stud is a little long, 14 Jun 2013
Really nice product and great to have a choice of colours, especially for the price.

So far, I haven't had any problems with reaction to the metal, which is brilliant news. My only slight complaint (and it is minor) is that the stud length is way too long, resulting in the metal showing inside the nostril (even with alteration), which isn't so attractive. That said, altering (pinching together) the stud loop with a pair of pliers does improve this problem somewhat.

Overall I would recommend this product, particularly as it can be difficult to find hypoallergenic studs that don't cost the earth and I will continue to fiddle with them, hopefully fixing this slight downside.

Hemline Blue Wipe Off/Wash Out Fabric Marker Pen
Hemline Blue Wipe Off/Wash Out Fabric Marker Pen
Offered by The Crafty Knitter

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential fabric pen, 14 Jun 2013
I've been looking for one of these pens for a while now, trying to find the right one and I have not been disappointed by this one.

It has a nice fine tip for making more precise measurement marks and the blue shows clearly on any light-coloured fabric, allowing for accurate cutting. The best bit is that it does exactly as it promises - any remaining marks disappear using a damp cloth, leaving no trace of the pen on the final piece.

This is a great essential pen for anyone sewing or altering clothes, curtains, etc.

Filofax Pocket Swift Organiser - Sage
Filofax Pocket Swift Organiser - Sage

5.0 out of 5 stars Flying high!, 4 April 2013
Since struggling to get hold of correct-fitting inserts for my American organiser, I decided now was the time to acquire my first Filofax, having been previously put off purchasing a branded item with cheaper alternatives available.

Preferring more uniquely designed to plain items, when I saw the cover on this I absolutely fell in love! It's so cute without being too garish as to seem unprofessional. Even the divider colours are gentle and in-keeping.

The size is perfect for my handbag, whilst the pages are an ideal size for writing on - my previous organiser was more compact, which made it very difficult to write in as the spirals got in the way!

Overall, despite some suggestion that the design wasn't very good, I am really pleased with this purchase, especially at half the RRP. Definite bargain! And I would very much recommend this to anyone wanting to become more/stay organised whilst enjoying a more fun and light-hearted approach to such an arduous task (personal feeling, anyway!)