Profile for Ruth Mackie > Reviews

Content by Ruth Mackie

Ruth Mackie "ra_mackie" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Franz Schubert: 15 Selected Songs [With 2 CDs] (Vocal Library)
Franz Schubert: 15 Selected Songs [With 2 CDs] (Vocal Library)
by Richard Walters

1.0 out of 5 stars it's an excellent book, but there is no point in paying ..., 29 Nov. 2015
Title says "With 2 CDs" but when I received the book it merely said "Audio Access Included" on the cover - the tracks are no longer offered on CD but have to be downloaded from the Hal Leonard, using a code printed in the front of each book. The code is unique to that individual copy. Unfortunately the Hal Leonard website does not recognise the code, even though I have tried typing it many times. Either the downloadable music no longer functions, or Amazon have supplied me a returned copy from which someone else has already used the code. Either way, this purchase gets 1 star, as I bought it to have the backing tracks and diction lessons for practice purposes. As regards the collection of songs, it's an excellent book, but there is no point in paying extra for audio tracks which are not accessible!

Fosmon® TV Mount Clip/Stand/Bracket/Holder - Mounting Kit for Microsoft Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor - Fosmon Retail Packaging
Offered by theWireless USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent secure bracket, 17 Oct. 2015
Excellent mount - clips securely to my thin TV but adjusts for much thicker TVs. The Kinect sensor is very securely held steady on top of the TV. I can recommend this stand - it replaces a different brand (but much more expensive) bracket which kept falling off the TV; no such problems with this one.

SanDisk SDCZ52-064G-B35 64GB Cruzer Switch USB Flash Drive
SanDisk SDCZ52-064G-B35 64GB Cruzer Switch USB Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Survived an accidental hot wash with data intact, 9 Oct. 2015
Very reliable; so far no data errors ever, and this week I found I'd managed to put it through the washing machine on a hot wash. It came out dripping black liquid, but that seems only to have been dye from the case. The data was an unimportant backup, so it wasn't a disaster - but out of curiosity, I left it to dry for 24 hours and then put in a USB slot on my PC. All the files were still there, completely intact. Afterwards, I noticed another reviewer had had a similar experience with this USB drive and a washing machine! It's a tough little gadget...

Apple Watch Stand, - Updated Version - JETech® Apple Watch Charging Stand Station Dock Platform for 38/42mm All Models (White)
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I like this product, 25 Sept. 2015
It's solid enough not to fall over, works well, holds watch at correct angle for viewing on bedside table at night. I like this product.

Universal Phone Cradle Holder Adjustable Flexible iPhone Night Bed Stand, Long-arm Desktop Table Mount Holder for Smart Phones iPhone 6p 6 5/4s/4, Samsung Galaxy S2 / S3 / S4 S5, Galaxy NOTE 2 3 4, Motorola Droid RAZR / MAXX, HTC EVO 4G, HTC One X, LG Revolution, Blackberry Z10 etc. Cell Phone Night Stand Fit for Sleeper Lazybones Geek
Offered by MyArmor

5.0 out of 5 stars I like this very much and have had no problems at all with it!, 22 Jun. 2015
I use mine to hold my mobile phone up beside my music stand, so that I can use tuner and metronome apps very conveniently while playing a violin. I have the 'table' clamp closed around the vertical pole of the music stand and the flexible arm rearing up beside the music. The whole device sags slightly when the phone is fitted but this is only because there is a little bit of flexibilty in the table clamp's grip of a circular pole and the phone simply shifts its balance a tiny bit. I adjusted the flexible arm the first time I inserted the phone and now don't need to move it at all - I just carefully replace the phone each time. The phone clamp is brilliant, holds the expensive iPhone softly without scratching it and the grip does not touch or obscure the screen in any way. I'm delighted with it!

Bender Ball
Bender Ball
Offered by Daniel sports supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars This one is a genuine Bender ball and I recommend it highly, 16 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Bender Ball (Tools & Hardware)
Exactly the same as the balls my Pilates instructor gives us in classes at the gym. Some reviewers have commented that they received a 'fake' Bender ball with various problems; this may depend on exactly which company is selling through Amazon. Mine came from Amazon Prime (sold by Daniel Sport Supples, fulfilled by Amazon) and has the Bender logo incorporated into the ball (ie no stick-on label), inflates very easily with included straw, has no problems with poor quality/leaking plug, and is soft enough to be used for the exercises the Pilates instrctor teaches us, although it will inflate further, I think, if you wish. I am delighted to be able to use it to top up the work in the gym and can recommend it without hesitation.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2015 9:29 AM BST

A Most Incomprehensible Thing: Notes Towards a Very Gentle Introduction to the Mathematics of Relativity

5.0 out of 5 stars Images are fine in new edition, 12 Jan. 2015
I hesitated to buy this book as a Kindle edition, as previous reviewers had stated that equations and graphs were illegibly tiny, making it completely uselss. However, the equations and graphs in this new 2014 revised edition are absolutely clear on my Kindle for PC (the free Amazon reader app) and on my iPad. It's also a terrific book. One of the obstacles to mathematically interested laymen trying to get to grips with modern physics is that, unless you're already a mathematician, it's hard to figure out what maths you need to learn - and what maths you need to know before that, in order to understand the more advanced stuff - and so on. This book encapsulates in a structured course in the necessary maths in a very understandable format. It will also give you the grounding you need to move on to even more advanced work, should you be inspired to go there. Highly recommended.

Ruark Audio Apple Lightning Adaptor Support
Ruark Audio Apple Lightning Adaptor Support

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential gadget for new phone with old dock!, 19 Nov. 2014
Fits my Logitech Pure-Fi Express Plus speaker dock perfectly without any modification. Holds my iPhone 6 securely and I don't have to remove the phone's case. Very pleased with this, as I thought my speaker dock was redundant when I bought the new phone. Note that you need an Apple Lightning adapter as well, but this adapter support prevents the iPhone, iPod or iPad from wobbling precariously on the tiny Lightning connector stub. Highly recommended for anyone with a 30-pin dock and a new phone with a Lightning connector.

Biodegradable 180 Dog Poo Bags | 12 Rolls with 15 Poop Bags Per Roll | Designed By 2 Vets | Degradable Dog Dirt Bags | Eco-friendly Dog Poo Bags | Value for Money Pack | Bulk Dog Poop Bags | High Quality Dog Poop Bags From Simply Pets Online
Offered by Simply Pets Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Best dog mess bags I have ever come across, 16 Oct. 2014
Best dog mess bags I have ever come across. Just bought my second pack. They are MUCH stronger than most of the brands available in pet shops and supermarkets, and longer too, so that it is very easy to slip the hand inside the bag, pick up the pile of poop, and then turn the bag inside out. Bag reaches well past the wrist and so no risk of accidentally touching the messy contents. Also plenty of bag length to tie a knot to secure the contents. Ultimate demo of bag strength - I was picking up two piles from the garden. Tied first bag and set it on the ground while I picked up second pile. Naughty spaniel (to my dismay!) immediately snatched up the tied bag and dashed into the house with it, holding it tightly in his teeth and refusing to give it up. I had visions of dog mess on the carpet or sofa at any moment, but the excellent bag did not tear. Eventually recovered the bag in exchange for a nice piece of chicken (irresistible to said spaniel) and was able to drop it in the bin, still undamaged. I am VERY pleased with these bags.

RESISTANCE BANDS - Best Fitness Bands Exercise Equipment | A Home Gym Multi Gym for Strength Training Workouts, Travel, Physio, Rehab & Recuperation, Theraband, Pilates, Yoga, Mat Exercises, Seated Exercises. For Women, Men, Seniors, Kids. 2 METRES (6.5ft). LATEX FREE FOR ALLERGIC SAFETY.
Offered by KnightUK

5.0 out of 5 stars The only band I've found which is latex-free, 13 Sept. 2014
I bought this for my elderly mother, who had been given resistance band exercises to help her to walk more confidently and to climb stairs. Unfortunately, my mum forgot to mention that she was HIGHLY allergic to latex, and did not think to ask if the stretchy rubbery exercise band which she was given by the physio could possibly have latex in it! After her inevitable collapse the latex band was double-wrapped and put in the outside bin and, as soon as she recovered, I ordered this one from Amazon as a replacement. It is actually the only resistance band I have been able to find which is guaranteed latex-free (almost all of the other brands declare proudly that they are '100% natural latex') and is ideal for her - gentle resistance suitable for a very elderly exerciser, just like the latex one she was given, only without the potentially lethal latex allergens.
Highly recommended for anyone who is even slightly allergic to latex - and even for anyone who isn't.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2015 3:47 PM GMT