Profile for Brotherboard > Reviews

Verbatim 43533 DVD-R 4.7GB 16x Printable 50 Pack Spindle
Verbatim 43533 DVD-R 4.7GB 16x Printable 50 Pack Spindle
Offered by Blank-Discs-Com SuperSaver

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent as usual, 19 Nov. 2013
Using these with a Samsung Superwrite-Master DVD-RW drive and printing them with a Canon IP4600. They are true "full face" printable with no branding on the printable surface. They are photo inkjet printable not thermal.Be aware if you purchase the 25 pack from the same page those are not printable.
Verbatim are reliable and this pack is great value.

TRENDnet TPL-406E2K 500 Mbps Nano Powerline Ethernet Adapter - Twin Pack
TRENDnet TPL-406E2K 500 Mbps Nano Powerline Ethernet Adapter - Twin Pack
Offered by Office Nerd

5.0 out of 5 stars works "out of the box", 19 Nov. 2013
Was slightly hesitant about these, but having read good reviews, took a chance at £24.99. They are small and unobtrusive as the "Nano" name implies. Just plug in connect the Ethernet cabling and off you go.
Finally a decent alternative to wireless. A word of caution though if your 13 amp mains sockets are very near the floor as mine are there will be no clearance underneath to plug in the Ethernet cable. You can use a 13amp plug-in adapter so these units fit to it sideways. Do not use them with a cabled extension lead [the 2/3/4 gang type] they will not work. [mine didn't anyway]
Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars just the job, 19 Nov. 2013
Was looking for some decent ram to compliment my new Skt1150 Intel i-7 Haswell build. Looked at many offers and reviews and finally took the plunge with this at £99 at the time. [price increased by £27 the day after !!]
Performance aside it looks very impressive with its striking amber colouring and stainless steel heatsink. Semi-low non intrusive profile fits in nice on a Gigabyte Z87-D3HP board coupled with a Thermalright True Spirit 120 cooler. There are no problems with the ram/heatsink clashing due to size.
Had to go into BIOS to set the XMP profile to make it use 1600MHZ. Timings are now 8-8-8-24

***UPDATE*** Ballistix Tactical BLT2CP8G3D1608DT1TX0CEU 16GB kit (8GB x 2) DDR3 PC3-12800 Unbuffered NON-ECC 1.5V
Bought 2 more x8gb sticks, though the increased price [£117] compared to the last lot, choked me a bit! Probably an overkill but at least I have the satisfaction of saying I have 32GB in my rig! Oh, and it runs flawlessly on the Gigabyte Z87 D3HP board.

N.B. None of the 4 sticks show any sign of tracer lights and the Crucial MOD utility does not detect any unit as having them. This is not a problem to me [its just eye candy after all] but you need to be aware if it's important to you.

It's Crucial memory after all. I would recommend it to anyone.

Ex-Pro® Nikon EN-EL14, ENEL14, High Power Plus+ 1030mAh Rechargable Replacement Lithium Li-ion Digital Camera Battery for Nikon

5.0 out of 5 stars great battery, 9 Aug. 2013
This battery seems to outlast my original Nikon one. I'm thinking of getting another. Would recommend this product to anyone.

Kingston Technology 8GB Full Size SDHC Class 10 Flash Card
Kingston Technology 8GB Full Size SDHC Class 10 Flash Card
Offered by iFlash

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal card for Nikon 5100, 9 Aug. 2013
Needed a faster card for my Nikon 5100 only had a class 4 previously. This fits the bill perfectly the 8Gb capacity is more than enough as I don't leave my photos/videos on the card so always have plenty of room on it.

Hama Lens Cleaning Pen
Hama Lens Cleaning Pen

5.0 out of 5 stars bought as a gift for enthusiastic amateur photographer, 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Hama Lens Cleaning Pen (Accessory)
He tells me it's a great piece of kit and recommends I get one for myself. Handy to pop into camera bag and carry around.

Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 APO DG Macro For Nikon Digital & Film Cameras
Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 APO DG Macro For Nikon Digital & Film Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value lens, 21 Jun. 2013
Have used this lens for quite a while now, as other reviewers have said it is not perfect but overall deserves 5 stars on quality of photo to price ratio. {See image of feeding bird, in gallery, a hand held shot.]
I have not found motor noise to be a problem, nor have I had any problems with switching to and from Macro mode as some have suggested.
Have found the lens to be perfect for action shots of my granddaughters amateur football games and have taken wonderful shots of the moon utilising a tripod and full manual mode of lens and camera.
Came with a lens hood and protective case. Make sure to fit a UV filter to protect your lens (58mm)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Hama UV Filter UV-390 (O-Haze), 58.0mm - Coated
Hama UV Filter UV-390 (O-Haze), 58.0mm - Coated

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for your needs, 21 Jun. 2013
Unless you are a hard nosed pro photographer and can afford to spend ten times the cost of this product then it will fit your needs perfectly as a standard UV filter. It also protects my 75-300mm zoom lens against unforeseen knocks.
I found that the minutest application of Vaseline to the thread facilitated the smooth application of filter to lens without risking damage to the very fine threads.

Complete Guide to Digital Photography
Complete Guide to Digital Photography
by Ian Farrell

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only buy only one DSLR book. make sure it's this one., 21 Jun. 2013
I spent some considerable time in a book store perusing the photography manuals on offer. I kept coming back to this one. It is well laid out clear and concise. It gets you to the point without the usual waffle. At the time however I baulked at paying £16.99.
I am so glad I did as the price I paid on Amazon [£9.60 including postage] makes me feel I have a gem at an absolute bargain price.
Chapters are interspersed with "assignments" encouraging you to put into practice what you have learned from the book. Included in the chapters is a guide to photo editing and retouching with photoshop...........the digital darkroom.
Ian Farrell can be proud of this publication.

Replacement battery for TomTom One V1
Replacement battery for TomTom One V1
Offered by Sheeyan International Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars good battery but Tom Tom is u/s, 21 Jun. 2013
This was bought for my son who told me his previous battery would not charge in his Tom-Tom. Well this one won't charge either. I conclude his Tom-Tom is faulty.
No blame can be placed on this product. I assume it is very good. It was quick to be delivered and well packaged. Hence the 4 stars

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8