Profile for pwoods49 > Reviews

The Exorcist/The Exorcist 2/The Exorcist 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Linda Blair
Offered by orbitingbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie trilogy, 1 Jan 2004
This is definately a trilogy to have a try with. The exorcist is just one of the most talked about movies ever and probobly the most famous movie in history.
I won't tell you what each film is about since we can see them on the other reviews but I will tell you how I fell about them.
The exorcist: One of the best horror movies to hit the screen. I don't find it that scary but its still a damn good film.
Exorcist 2 the heretic: Actually I really enjoyed this film. Again it wasn't scary for a horror movie but it was entertaining. Not as good as the first.
The exorcist 3: The film was reasonably good but I found it so confusing. I still don't really get what its about. It has a connection with the first film. This is the weakest one for me.
The special features are okay for the first film but not for the last two.
Other great movie trilogys are Star wars, Indianna jones and the godfather.

Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade [VHS] [1989]
Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade [VHS] [1989]
Offered by qualityfilmsfromuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Weakest indy, 1 Jan 2004
Don't get me wrong at all. I think all three films are magnificent but I just don't think it's as good as raiders and doom. Sean connery brings a lot of smiles to my face as Indy's reckless father and ofcourse we have the superb Harrison ford kicking butt again.
Buy this film but make sure you keep a good eye out for the first two.

Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom [VHS] [1984]
Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom [VHS] [1984]
Offered by qualityfilmsfromuk

5.0 out of 5 stars WHY WOULD ANYONE THINK THIS IS BAD?, 1 Jan 2004
Oh my god! This is by far the best Indy movie. There may not be any nazis in this one like raiders and crusade but who needs them. The opening sequence is brilliant and the ending is just as good.
I don't care what people say, this is the best Indy film. Well done spielberg and lucas.
The only far fetched bit was the diving out of the plane scene.

The Empire Strikes Back [VHS]
The Empire Strikes Back [VHS]

5.0 out of 5 stars The only star wars film I love, 23 Dec 2003
Empire strikes back is most definately the only star wars film thats good, the rest are not so good.
It has the best story out of the bunch and it has the first intense lightsaber battle.
I'm telling you that this is the best star wars movie ever. The old star wars movies are the best ones. Stay away from episode 2 mostly.
Note. I have the theatrical version of empire strikes back and I find it impossible to find the mastered version.

The Fly/The Fly 2 [DVD]
The Fly/The Fly 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeff Goldblum
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gory, scary, gory, romantic, gory, 16 Dec 2003
This review is from: The Fly/The Fly 2 [DVD] (DVD)
These are outstanding films, two dvds in a small little box.
The fly: 5 stars, Great film, lets not say what it's about lets talk about it, the film is just brilliant it was my favourite film for quite a while but other films came to my attention. The dvd has a trailer, cast interviews and a behind the scenes feature. The cast interviews are just like the behind the scenes and the trailer is really good.
See this film, very touching and romantic but also very scary.
The fly 2: 3 stars, wouldn't say it was great its reasonably good, but it doesn't top the first at all. Has the same features as the first dvd, trailer, bla, bla... This is probobly the tiniest bit more gruesome. Jeff goldblum is missing which is a shame and Geena davis is also missed out. The first film's the best but watch the second to see what concludes after the first.

George A. Romero's Trilogy of the Dead [DVD]
George A. Romero's Trilogy of the Dead [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Emge
Offered by ajdiscs

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars only because of dawn, 15 Dec 2003
The dead trilogy is a really excellent zombie boxset.
Night of the living dead: 4 stars, Truly a magnificent horror film. All about a young girl who gets attacked by a living creature and she takes shelter in an abandoned house. Soon more people take refuge in the house and more of those living things come aswell and trap them there.
If this film is scary now imagine how people reacted to it back in the 60s.
Dawn of the dead: 5 stars, This is the best zombie movie ever made and one of my favourite horror movies.
All about the dead who nearly rule the world, large numbers of people are still alive and are fighting the dead. 4 individuals decide to take cover in a huge supermarket to try and escape from the dead. They soon struggle for survival.
Like I said, the best dead film, the best plot and it's even 2 hours and 17 minutes long, isn't that great.
Day of the dead: 3 stars, The weakest dead film, I really don't like it that much but i'm being fair and letting it have 3 stars. All about the dead who finally rule the earth and only a small group of people live and have to take refuge in an abbandoned missile solo. Some people are soldiers, some are scientists and some can't trust eachother and the dead are also trying to get to them. I wouldn't really get this one, see the end if you like zombies and gore.
Smashing boxset, two great documentaries too.

Jaws 4 - The Revenge [VHS] [1987]
Jaws 4 - The Revenge [VHS] [1987]

2.0 out of 5 stars Better than 3 but still not very good, 14 Dec 2003
Lorraine gary reprices her role from jaws 1 and 2 as widow Ellen brody who suffers from her son Sean dying in a shark attack, now she wants her other son (Michael) to stay away from the water.
But Michael doesn't think a shark would come to the bahamas, but he's wrong.
You should still stay away from this film.
The way the shark dies on this is terribly stupid, more stupid than the way the shark dies on number 3.
Like on my jaws 3 review, just stay with the first 2 films.

The Complete Fawlty Towers [VHS] [1975]
The Complete Fawlty Towers [VHS] [1975]

5.0 out of 5 stars Would you like to have a drink before the war, 10 Dec 2003
This is one of the funniest bbc british comedys ever, the collection is just fabulous.
The germans episode has to be one of ther funniest things on the planet, the end always gets me laughing.
John cleese is outstanding as Basil the grouchy hotel owner, Prunella scales is great as Basil's bossy wife, Andrew sachs is one of the best as the spanish waiter, Connie booth is quite bad but she did help write the episodes, which are so great.
There is more cast members but I forget the names, the guy who plays the major is above all my favourite, I just love the bit on the kipper and the corpse episode when he says "any sign of the paper" and it is stuck underneath his shoulder between his arm.
Please own this collection, I dare you to miss it.
The best episodes are the germans (dur), basil the rat, kipper and the corpse, touch of class, gourmet night and communication problems.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith [DVD] [1941] [2005]
Mr. & Mrs. Smith [DVD] [1941] [2005]
Dvd ~ Carole Lombard

3.0 out of 5 stars The film isn't really hitchcock, 10 Dec 2003
The movie was okay but not really what you would expect from hitchcock. The film is just too delightful.
The dvd isn't very good, no special features, not even any languages and subtitles apart from english ofcourse.
Really hitchcock should have always stayed with horror and suspense, although the film is fair to watch.
Films I enjoy from hitch are Psycho, the birds, north by northwest, saboteur and vertigo

Freddy Vs Jason [DVD] [2003]
Freddy Vs Jason [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Robert Englund

5.0 out of 5 stars Evil vs Evil, 9 Dec 2003
This review is from: Freddy Vs Jason [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Any horror fan will really enjoy two of the most famous serial killers go head to head.
I seen this film back when it came out and after I saw it I said to myself "this is gonna be a grand dvd".
I have always been a fan of Fredy and Jason, Jason mostly, some of there films have been bad, the mojority of them have been excellent.
I had to own a pirate copy of this film cause it was just so great when I heard it was coming out after christmas I stuffed the copy and started waiting, then I wrote this review.
All I can say is the dvd better have good picture and sound quality and better have tons of special features.
I can't wait for this film, if you haven't seen it then don't delay and get it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4