Profile for Jane Sarah > Reviews

The Art of Eating Well
The Art of Eating Well
by Jasmine Hemsley
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully presented book, an inspiration to read and wonderful recipes, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Art of Eating Well (Hardcover)
The Hemsleys' book is not only showing as the art of eating well, but also the art to publishing a beautiful, easy to read and easy to follow recipes. Having spent the weekend trying out the cocoa coconut balls, my sunday lunch guests wolfed them down; the pea and broccoli mash, that even my son ate, as well as the broccoli frittata, I am delighted with all of them. The book and the Hemsleys inspire you to eat well and cook mindfully. The recipes and the ingredients were actually easier to find than I thought (all purchased in Sainsbury's). Looking forward to the whole family learning the art of eating well.

How To Cook for Food Allergies: Understand Ingredients, Adapt Recipes with Confidence and Cook for an Exciting Allergy-Free Diet
by Lucinda Bruce-Gardyne
Price: 9.09

4.0 out of 5 stars valuable guide for coeliacs, 3 Mar 2012
I got this book as my 4-year old daughter just been diagnosed with coeliac disease. I have found the recipes good and information very useful. She's slowly trying more foods and my range of recipes and knowledge is improving.

What's for Dinner?: Easy and delicious recipes for everyday cooking
What's for Dinner?: Easy and delicious recipes for everyday cooking
by Fay Ripley
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A fab book, 3 Mar 2012
Having being recommended Fay's recipes by a friend I have tried one so far - the sachertorte. I would highly recommend it as it was very, very good and hopefully a sign of other recipes to try. Next up definitely the Bakewell cake. All the recipes seem short and doable; not too many ingredients, which makes a change from other cookbooks i own.

Good Things To Eat
Good Things To Eat
by Lucas Hollweg
Price: 13.60

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant recipes, 1 May 2011
This review is from: Good Things To Eat (Hardcover)
I bought this as I like Lucas Hollweg's recipes in the Sunday Times. The book has lots of recipes - all of which I'd like to make! They're simple but delicious and different too. Made two recipes out of 'things on toast', the cod with lentils and salsa verde (fab) and the go-with-anything cake (even fabber). I would definitely recommend this cookbook.

The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days
The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days
by Tarek Malouf
Price: 13.60

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing recipes, 25 Mar 2011
I bought this book as I'm a fan of the bakeries and not an experiences baker so wanted rcipes that were pretty simple, had pictures and my kids could enjoy at the weekends. I have made the blueberry crumble loaf and it was delicious but I got my eye on the hazelnut praline muffins. Will definitely try the cheesecakes. Really stunning book and cover as well - bit different from all the other books out there.