Profile for Miss Sahar Huneidi > Reviews

Content by Miss Sahar Huneidi

Miss Sahar Huneidi "PS-Magazine.com" (London, UK)

Unshriven: 1663-1963
Unshriven: 1663-1963
by June Kidd

5.0 out of 5 stars THOROUGHLY ENJOYABLE, 9 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Unshriven: 1663-1963 (Paperback)
A fabulous book! Well done June Kidd! I hope it will fly on the wings of success.

This book is remarkable achievement on many levels: creative, spiritual, and personal (a true inspiration of what dyslexics can achieve).

Know Yourself Through Colour [set]
Know Yourself Through Colour [set]
by Marie Louise Lacy

5.0 out of 5 stars A marvellous set that I have used for many years. Get your hands on one; you will treasure it. A great self-development tool., 12 Mar. 2010
A marvellous set that I have used for many years. Get your hands on one; you will treasure it. A great self-development tool.The readings and insight they provide is very useful, many-a-times, very accuarate.

The Intuitive Tarot: Unlock the Power of Your Creative Subconscious
The Intuitive Tarot: Unlock the Power of Your Creative Subconscious
by Cilla Conway

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational & Original!, 25 Oct. 2007
In her book, the Intuitive Tarot, Cilla Conway says:

"The Intuitive Tarot had its beginning one evening in 1973 when a doodle of the Fool appeared unbidden on my page. His eyes, strange and compelling, invited me to follow him into his world. I have been following him ever since. You may not find him appealing; he overthrows our comfortable convictions, making us question our values and those of society; but if you want to recover joy and innocence in your life, the Fool is the figure you need to connect with."

If you are familiar with the classical tarot decks such as Raider Waite (which I adore), you will be able to read and use The Intuitive Tarot easily. Cilla gives guidance on both traditional meanings and intuitive interpretations she developed. The Major and Minor Arcana cards are introduced in turn and there is space for the reader to record their own impressions of each card. The information Cilla provides for each card in the book, is enriched with a blend of Jungian, Greco-Classical, and Mythology.

In Cilla's book information on each card is sectioned into: aspects of each card, how to work with it, to dialogue with it, starter interpretation, and reversed interpretation. The dialogues are thought provoking and can be used as visualisations to help familiars yourself with each image. The first thing I learnt from my friend and teacher Merryn José was how to communicate with each card, and find out what it means to me, as it appears in various positions, or houses, in a spread; upright as well as reversed. The Intuitive Tarot and its accompanying book allow you to do just that.

Art and Intuition

While one can be subjective about art, Cilla Conway's Intuitive Tarot is about releasing one's intuition. And, there is something for everyone - if you allow the images to `communicate' with you. Each card's image is unique and dynamic, swirls, spirals, flowing lines, and stylised elongated figures with alien-like faces seem to move and leap across the cards with such energy. If you listen well, you can hear nature's elements too!

The colours are often serene allowing the Intuitive Tarot's energy and movement to whisper something to you as you study each card. At times the images seem retro, at others glimpses of Ancient Egypt appear - other moments the cards have a `galactic' feel. The figures are often nude, daring, and honest taking the reader beyond the usual interpretation.

Cilla's decision to paint every `scene' or image within the construct of an egg; left a great impression on my mind. For her, the oval shape reflects the Divine Feminine, an area she was drawn to early in her studies. This is echoed in the packaging of the cards too. Form the outset, you know that you will `crack that egg' and release your imagination.

For me, the oval shape seemed to resemble a magical concave (sometimes convex) mirror, where I `step out of the frame' and observe what the magical mirror is about to reveal. Each time, new impressions are awakened in the reader's mind.

Using the Intuitive Tarot

My favourite images of the major cards are the Sun, The Moon, The Star, Temperance and (yes) the Tower. The distorted base and image of the building really gives the feel that the image is being reflected through a convex mirror - as though one is scrying into it.

For me, the bolt of lighting and the image of the tower itself are about use of technology, the Internet, and the speed of spreading information or communication (Broadband). I found her interpretation of the Tower particularly modern and contemporary; and that of the Chariot really intriguing.

I found myself particularly drawn to Cilla's artistic interpretation of the minor cards, namely the wands (or as she prefers to call them, rods) and the pentacles (discs), where I felt her artistic ability as well as intuition were truly free and inspired. Among my favourite ones are, the one of Rods, the eight of Rods, and the three of Discs. The words `disc' triggered a new interpretation for me, and I experienced a unique aspect of `pentacles'.

The more I work with Cilla Conway's cards, the more I appreciate the originality of her art and interpretation. I find the images stimulate the mind in new directions. It took Cilla nearly twenty years for her dream to manifest - and the results are a delight. She now conducts workshops on the subject (see below); I strongly recommend that you participate in one.

Cilla is a London-based artist using a variety of media: video, installation, photography and painting. She is also the author and creator of the Intuitive Tarot and Deva Cards. She also teaches at the College of Psychic Studies.

Aaagh! I Think I'm Psychic (And You Can Be Too)
Aaagh! I Think I'm Psychic (And You Can Be Too)
by Natasha Rosewood

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!, 25 Oct. 2007
Aaagh! I think I'm Psychic (And You Can Be Too), by Natasha J. Rosewood, is an intriguing book about and internationally renowned psychic Natasha rosewood, who is based in Vancouver Canada. It read like a biographical novel, that you can't put down.

Page after page, Natasha unravels 'coincidents' and changes that shaped her life and made her aware of her destiny; encouraging us, the reader, to do the same! Each chapter is punctuated by `metaphysical endnotes' that give further `teaching' on how, for example, to establish psychic boundaries, understand different levels of consciousness, death, and develop a new and different perspective on life. At times, Natasha's account of her life and the psychic forces that were at play is heartbreaking; yet in never fails to inspire.

Natasha believes she `magnetized' events to her to help her accept her `psychic awakening' as she spent many years reluctant to do so. Natasha's own life roller-coasted between happy memories and sad, painful ones, which she shares candidly and honestly. She writes: "In the beginning my search had been to understand my mother, but now it appears that she had motivated me to understand the Universe... It was my own very private, individual journey, and all I really wanted was to be master of my own life"

Natasha's writing style is also humerous (there were many incidents when I was in stiches-enjoying a good laugh) and succeeds in demystifying what a psychic is, how a psychic works, and how to find out if you are one. She shares with her reader how her own psychic abilities manifested themselves as she reflects on her life, how her various abilities grew and they unfolded; and that no matter how difficult and painful at times, life can be, it is those incidents that shape who we are and guides us towards fulfilling our lives.

In her book, Aaagh! I think I'm Psychic (and you can be too), Natasha also believes that we are all intuitive, perhaps even psychic, and that perhaps our fear of the unknown, instilled in us as a cellular memory, is what stops us from acknowledging these abilities. Natasha writes: "The most valuable education I absorbed that day, over and above the color of auras and their meanings, past and future lives and the difference between various levels of consciousness, was that we are all, if not psychic, inherently intuitive"

Natasha's love of travel lead her to an international adventure, and misadventure at times; she speaks six languages and has lived in various countries- adding an cosmopolitan drop to this psychic adventure! And along the way, her abilities unfolded in various too: she learnt palm reading, astrology, Psychometry, developed her telepathy, mediumship, chanelling, and interpreting her dreams.

And although Natasha was reluctant to accept this awakening to begin with, as her psychic abilities developed they helped her understand how we all `write our own movies', and how we `magnetize' events and people into our lives who would help us understand and develop our awareness.

Natasha's book, I Think I'm Psychic (And You Can Be Too, is entertaining as much as it is inspiring. She succeeds in engaging the reader by 'zooming in' on her life, and then 'zooming out' for a 'big-picture' perpective on the universal reality of the soul. I strongly recommend it.

Soul-Sick Nation: An Astrologer's View of America
Soul-Sick Nation: An Astrologer's View of America
by Jessica, Murray

5.0 out of 5 stars a truly remarkable book, 25 Oct. 2007
Soul-Sick Nation is a truly remarkable book which will reward any reader who takes the time to read (and reread) it; in this process they will learn far more than they ever expected.

My first view of Soul-Sick Nation was that it a description of the forces that have lead America to the excesses of power associated with President George W Bush; the secret prison camps, the iconic photographs from Abu Ghraib, the bombing of Fallujah, the 655,000 civilian deaths in Iraq, the way in which America has withdrawn from the Geneva Convention, and discarded habeas corpus (a right that ultimately derives from the English Magna Charter of 1215).

I initially wondered why Jessica had chosen to only deal with America, as the world is influenced by a number of large countries, including China, India and Russia. It seemed a typically American inward focus. However once you have read Soul-Sick Nation it is clear that at this time the world needs to understand America's problems, because, although it is a country in political decline, it will have the power to adversely affect the rest of the world for many years to come, it's decline is also systematic of the changes that will affect the whole planet. In a sense America is today showing the world why we all need to change, that is its contemporary gift to humanity, to expose the workings of the old and now rotten system. In the climate change-caused disaster of New Orleans America points to the possible future of cities like Shanghai and Lagos, and the drowning of Cairo and Amsterdam. Jessica says, "It is clearer than ever that the USA's problems are the world's problems."

The title of Soul-Sick Nation refers to Jessica's belief that, " America is gravely and epically ill," and the only treatment is a shift in consciousness. She says that " America lacks a maturity of mind and soul", and suffers from a deadening superficiality.

Jessica argues that in the American national consciousness Pluto is distorted, and in the American mass mind, "the sharing of resources [with the rest of the world] is a strained and tortured concept." She adds that, "A second-house Pluto that is kept at a crude level of awareness will embark upon a laser-like trajectory to dominate whatever resources are there to be possessed," and adds that "the dominance America seeks has less to do with governments per se [i.e. "democracy"] than it has to do with the control of resources."

Soul-Sick Nation also considers the effect of planetary opposition, notably Pluto's opposition to Mercury in the American chart. She sees this as a confrontation between the planet of power and the planet of communication, and says that, "In the US chart, Pluto has overpowered Mercury, crippling its capacity for curiosity."

But, like a Russian doll, this book contains hidden layers, and at its heart it is a guide book to contemporary, or humanistic, astrology. It is a guide to the way in which we can all become more aware, and thereby raise our levels of consciousness; as Jessica says, "Reality exists only as relative to the observer ....; and the more fully the observer can take responsibility for the dramas in his [or her] life, the faster his [her] consciousness can change." Jessica points out that cause-and-effect thinking is no use if we want to understand how astrology works, that the planets are like the hands of a clock, markers showing us a pattern of connections with fundamental cosmic principles. In the light of her deep understanding the reader glimpses the reality of archetypes and metaphors, and the essence of the universal system of which we are a part. With her guidance we see past the veil.

I also learn much about the influence of Pluto and Saturn, and how to benefit from the lessons that Saturn can teach us, how to walk towards our fears, not away from them, and to take responsibility for our lives and for the societies in which we live. It's easy to write these words, but difficult to understand what this insight really means, Soul-Sick Nation is a guide-book to understanding our own path; the stupidity and the banality of evil is never just something external to us, it is something that we have to face within us. If we ignore it we also empower it and give it strength, when we face it, name it as Jessica says, we destroy its power, both inside ourselves and in the world.

We live in a time of great trials, but this is also a gift, because by overcoming these trials we open the path to higher consciousness, to awareness and understanding. See the obvious madness of the world as the coming into sight of things that were hidden from us, things that can no longer be denied, things that are being forced into the light so that we can deal with them. This is a lesson for all humanity, not only for that 4.5% of the human race who call themselves Americans, but we can all learn from America's crisis of identity.

Jessica writes, "Plato's presence in the opposition tells us that America's new vision of adulthood would have to include the awareness of the deep collective shadow. The nation was being dared to face the darkness within itself without looking away: this is the ultimate task of all entities that take up the challenge of Pluto. And then, to be grown-up enough to do something about it: this is the real meaning of Saturnine responsibility."

On a more mundane level I learnt a lot from Jessica's explanation of the role of Pluto in the American chart, where it is in the 2nd house, and the American need to establish global dominance, or hegemony. I loved this book, if you are interested in American culture, its politics and in astrology buy this book, you will not be disappointed.

How to Love and Be Loved (Overcoming common problems)
How to Love and Be Loved (Overcoming common problems)
by Dr Paul Hauck

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it to all your loved ones!, 25 Oct. 2007
If I could walk around with tens of copies of this book, and hand them out to people I know and care about, I would! Once you read this book, you wonder how you managed your relationships prior to reading it.

This is what I call `a gem of a book'. It is small but potent book- about 100 pages, first published in 1983, but recently reprinted. Every page contains pertinent and practical information, encapsulating Dr. Paul Hauck's experience and knowledge as a clinical psychologist who counselled hundreds of couples. The book is geared towards marriages, but equally applies to intimate relationships too.

Dr Hauck says that he felt compelled to write this book having dealt with countless couples who were suffering in their intimate relationships. His understanding of the causes lead him to formulate the following ideas:

The reciprocity theory of love
Business theory of marriage, and
The three rules for achieving co-operation, respect, and love.

The latter etched itself in my mind.

Very early in the book, he quotes Maslow's theory of motivation (see Abraham H. Maslow's -Toward a Psychology of Being), that we are all driven by five motives, where the most basic motives are the strongest; and once satisfied, we move on to the next set of motivations, and so on. In their rank of importance they are:

Physiological needs (hunger, cold, thirst, food etc.)
Safety needs (a roof over our heads)
Belongingness and love needs
Esteem needs (strive for achievement, demonstrate adequacy, competence, independence, etc.)
Self-actualisation needs (desires to become all that we are capable of becoming. Total and complete fulfilment of inner destiny).

The concepts, which he puts forward, may at first hand startle if not even shock. But his style is entertaining and his solid arguments make them difficult to ignore. He points that love has a vital but not pre-eminent place in the scheme of things.

He argues that to gain respect, admiration and love requires more than kindness, patience and tolerance. Romantic notions of love are often misleading and if we "spoil" people we may end up by no longer loving them.

"Needing love is a temporary phase in our growth which leads us on to yet higher motivations such as self esteem and self-actualisation... it is a prerequisite for higher motivations, and can be reduced in importance once it has served its purpose in lifting us up to the fourth and fifth levels."

He also believes that "when an intelligent, well-adjusted, handsome or beautiful person, suddenly becomes depressed, tearful, insanely jealous and is perhaps ready to commit suicide" because of a relationship gone wrong, it is not dues to personality disorder, nor a phase but is a human condition he called it `love disorder' which can afflict young and old and the first time it hits is the worse. It can make us loose our reason- it is a neurotic reaction!

"The neurotic need for love rather than the practical desire for love, has caused more pain in people who are supposed to love each other than any other single thing".

He questions: "why do you have to be loved? And since when does somebody else's loving you make you a wonderful worthwhile human being? Weren't you worthwhile and wonderful before you were loved?"

He adds: "rejection is painless, unless you make it hurt. If you insist that you have turned into a nobody because your lover has rejected you, then you never had much of an ego to begin with. If you think your life is over because your husband has found an interest in someone else, then you never had much confidence in yourself".

He also "takes the exception to the idea that one has to have love constantly from that one particular person"- if the no longer satisfy their needs, or hold up their end of the business theory of partnership. This is an important point, as it will change your perception of what rejection is, and you will never feel rejected again.

This book shows you how to deal with all aspects of those feelings, and highlights causes of the problem also shows that loving relationships are better when they contain an element of assertiveness; the reciprocity theory of love:

Rule 1: If people treat you nicely, treat them nicely.
Rule 2: If people treat you badly, continue to treat them nicely, turn the other cheek, go the extra mile, and love those who trespass against you, for a reasonable period of time.
Rule 3: If people treat you badly, and the second principle does not work, treat them badly with approximately equal intensity, and without anger.

Hauck discusses marriages where divorce is an option, and offers advice on how to deal with the marriages when, for cultural or religious reasons, divorce is not an option. He also lists Healthy and Unhealthy reasons for marriage, highlighting why people change after marriage, and how to deal with that.

Further, he gives a Compatibility test before you actually commit! But, in my view, the real key , `The goal of any caring relationship' is what he calls the Just Reasonable Contentment (JRC) factor.

"The goal of a relationship is to see to it that you remain at least just reasonable content at all times and that you have hope for greater degree of contentment.... There are three serious consequences from allowing yourself to live in a state of frustration, which is below your JRC...

· You will generally be disturbed, frustrated human being...

· You will almost definitely begin to fall out love with your partner..

· You will eventually not care about the relationship itself"

It would be difficult to at this point not quote the whole book! But the following concepts quotes are chosen here, until you read the book yourself:

- It is our thoughts that cause us to be depressed, angry, fearful, or jealous. It is not the way people behave towards us that create these feelings; it is what we make of them.

- There are 12 irrational ideas (he lists them).. that cause practically all of the normal emotional disturbances (including depression, jealousy anger.) Talk yourself out of believing these irrational ideas. Which will lead you to new behaviour and cause you to be undisturbed.

- Would you like to know how to never get upset again? Then take this advice: never make a catastrophe out of anything again and you will be never be psychologically upset again! (He explains that).

- The moment you pity yourself more than just a little bit, try to appreciate the fact that you have just then enormously worsened your life. Self-pity is fruitless. It incapacitates you.

Hauck also discusses areas of conflict, when to tolerate a partner's behaviour and when not to, how to evaluate and practically improve a relationship by staying in it, or leaving it: divorce- and how to handle it. He tackles emotional, religious, and sexual issues between partners in terms of expectations and differences. He also discusses when is an expectation of a partner is reasonable and when it is not and how to deal with that.

In the conclusion of the book he says: "too much other-pity can hurt those you love. Take the attitude, `I love you enough to want to stop you from becoming the sort of person I can't tolerate'". He ends the book saying: "Giving is unquestionable a loving act. Not giving, with the absence of vengeful heart, can be the greatest love act of all".

Make sure you include this book in your Christmas stocking, and those of the ones you love and care about.

The Alchemy Of Voice: Transform and enrich your life through the power of your voice: Transform and Enrich Your Life Using the Power of Your Voice
by Stewart Pearce

5.0 out of 5 stars The Song of Our Soul, 15 Oct. 2005
Perhaps at the point of origins, creation started with sound- before there was light. The phrase, 'The Big Bang', stimulates images of heavenly bodies crashing and generating tremendous light. The Alchemy of voice reminds us 'the bang' is a huge sound, and sound is of importance to the soul and how the human voice is in deed 'a wondrous thing'.
Stewart Peace takes you on a guided process to discover your 'true note', your true self expression, opening heart for a multitude of joyous experiences. Whether you are an actor, a speaker, a performer or simply a reader, your soul will be awakened to it's true signature! Excellent read. Stewart's Voice is enchanting ( as it heals) - his CD, entitled Awakenings, is a must.

Stalking the Wild Pendulum: On the Mechanics of Consciousness
Stalking the Wild Pendulum: On the Mechanics of Consciousness
by Itzhak Bentov

5.0 out of 5 stars An Unusual And Interesting Book,, 21 Dec. 2003
Itzhak Bentov was born in Czechoslovakia and moved to America, he became an inventor and specialized in the creation of new medical instrumentation. He died shortly after writing this book in a flying accident.
None of which prepares the reader for the model of the universe which Bentov proposes. This is a fascinating book and will be of interest to all who study psychic matters and are interesting in a “model” of reality which reflects their own experiences.
Bentov says: “I am attempting in this book to build a model of the universe that will satisfy the need for a comprehensive picture of ‘what our existence is all about.’
In other words, a holistic model that encompasses not only the physical, observable universe that is our immediate environment and the distant universe observed by our astronomers but also other ‘realities’ as well.”
Referring to psychic phenomena, he says that he will try to explain the underlying mechanisms and explain how they may work.
Bentov adds that the general underlying principle in all psychic phenomena is an altered state of consciousness. He says that these altered states allow us to function in realities that are normally not available to us, in our waking state of consciousness.
Bentov says that when taken together all these realities form a large hologram of interacting fields. He notes that the theory of relativity emphasizes that no matter what we observe, we always do so relative to a frame of reference that may differ from someone else’s, that we must compare our frames of reference in order to get meaningful measurements and results about events that we observe.
He says that our reality is a vibratory reality, and there is nothing static in it, that our senses can only appreciate the differences in vibrations.
He claims that the electrostatic fields around our bodies can, during mediation resonate with the electrostatic fields of our planet.
Bentov also claims that ‘tangible reality’ exists for us only as long as there is movement; and that when the movement stops, matter and solid reality become diffuse and disappear.
Regarding time, he claims that in our reality objective and subjective space-time normally coincide, but that under altered states of consciousness these become separated, allowing us to be clairvoyant.

Bentov then describes the quantity and quality of consciousness; he sees all consciousness as evolving to the ‘absolute’ which is the source of all consciousness.
Matter, being made of quanta of energy, is the vibrating, changing component of pure consciousness. The absolute is fixed, manifest, and invisible. Ours, then, is a vibratory reality – from sub-nuclear to atomic, to molecular to macro-levels – everything is producing “sound”.
Realities are relative, dependent on the position and state of the observer.
Bentov says that we all know the human reality, but most of us do not know that human consciousness can be taught to expand and learn how to interact with the whole spectrum of realities. He says that he hopes to show that realities are states of consciousness.
He describes a set of bodies (astral, mental and casual) made of higher harmonics than the physical body which interpenetrate our physical body, and which allows us to interact on different levels of consciousness.
Bentov also says that our brains do not produce thoughts, but are devices for amplifying thoughts. He says that our soul or psyche acts as a bridge between the material body and the spirit, we also have a higher self which is the spiritual us, and that all higher selves are connected and are in constant communication.
Bentov also describes a model of the universe as a closed universe that forms an elongated hollow torus. He says that human psyches form an interference pattern with psyches of all other consciousness in the universe.
Our physical bodies are four-dimensional electromagnetic holograms, which change in time and they are the end products and the result of the interactions of our subtle, non-physical ‘information bodies’.
Bentov concludes by saying that the goal of the creator is the evolution of consciousness, that she uses the opposing forces of good and evil to stimulate evolution.
This is an unusual and interesting book, one that you will need to read a couple of times to completely grasp, but one which will help to make sense of our confusion with the world we inhabit.

Synchronicity: The Inner Path of Leadership
Synchronicity: The Inner Path of Leadership
by Jaworski

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational "business" literature, 21 Dec. 2003
This book was first published in 1996 and has an introduction by Peter Senge. Senge refers to Robert K. Greenleaf's book "Servant Leadership", as the best book on leadership (to that date) and says that Jaworski builds on Greenleaf's thinking and goes further especially in dealing with the path of personal transformation that the effective leader must undergo. Senge also refers to the transformational effect that a meeting in 1980 with David Bohm had on Jaworski.

Jaworski's account of the influence of synchronicity on his life is well written and interesting. He describes how he became dissatisfied with his successful life-style, he was a highly paid trial lawyer, and wanted to do something else.
He resisted this, but details a number of influences and incidents that were important for his own development and growing awareness.
One example he gives is of an encounter with an ermine, in the Grand Treton Mountains of Wyoming; he says of the ermine, "She couldn't have been more than ten feet from me. All at once she appeared with her almost black eyes looking directly into mine … She sat there staring straight at me, moving not a whisker."
He added, "We communicated, that ermine and I, and for those few minutes, I experienced what I can only describe as a kind of transcendence of time and a feeling of oneness with all the universe."

Jaworski became to believe in the importance of teaching people the importance of good leadership and eventually founded the American Leadership Forum which focused on developing leadership in American communities, businesses and administration.
He had no formal training in leadership, but was heavily influenced by the writings of Robert Greenleaf who wrote that the essence of leadership is the desire to serve one another and to serve something beyond ourselves, a higher purpose, Greenleaf described this as "servant leadership", the leader as the servant of the people he or she leads.
For Jaworski, with his growing sense of the interrelatedness of everything Greenleaf's ideas made perfect sense. He saw relatedness as the organizing principle of the universe.
Jaworski has a concrete sense of the importance of following your own destiny, his description of his departure from his law firm to set up the new venture puts this well:
"At the moment I walked away from the firm, a strange thing happened. I clearly had no earthly idea how I would proceed. I knew no one who could help me on the substantive side of things, no network of experts. …. Yet, at this point, strangely enough most of my concerns and doubts about the enormity of the project were erased. I had a great sense of internal direction and focus, and an incredible sense of freedom that I had never felt before in my entire life."
Jaworski believes that when we focus on what we have to do then something miraculous happens. He says: 'The day I left the firm, I crossed the threshold. From that point on, what happened to me had the most mysterious quality about it. Things began falling into place almost effortlessly - unforeseen incidents and meetings with the most remarkable people who were to provide crucial assistance to me'.
Jaworski describes how a meeting in 1980 with David Bohm, the physicist, had a profound effect on him, coming as it did after he resigned from the law firm.
Bohm had just published "Wholeness and the Implicate Order". Bohm told Jaworski that the concepts of time, space, and matter no longer applied, they talked about what happens in a "bubble chamber", in the bubble chamber particles sometimes move backwards in time and notions of earlier and later are no longer clear; time-space processes sometimes run in reverse casual sequences.
They discussed Bell's theorem, which proves that the world is fundamentally inseparable. Bohm said that everything is connected to everything else, and told Jaworski that, "The oneness implicit in Bell's theorem envelops human beings and atoms alike."
Bohm said that everything is enfolded in everything, "If you reach deeply into yourself, you are reaching into the very essence of mankind. When you do this you will be lead into the generating depth of consciousness that is common to the whole of mankind and that has the whole of mankind enfolded in it."
Bohm said that we are all connected, but that people create barriers between each other, but if these barriers are removed then human beings could operate as one mind, and pull together.
Jaworski goes on to describe the successes and setbacks he met, and of the way in which synchronicity operated.
That when he tried too hard things did not work, but that when he let go then things flowed. He experienced the effectiveness of collective thinking, or dialogue. Jaworski also notes Bohm's idea that the fragmentation of thought is reinforced by a world view inherited from the 16th Century.
Jaworski describes the traps he encountered; the trap of responsibility, the trap of dependency and the trap of overactivity. But this book is above all a description of a process that transcends the "normal" existence of many humans.

As Jaworski says:
"If we have truly committed to follow our dream, there exists beyond ourselves and our conscious will a powerful force that helps us along the way and nurtures our growth and transformation. Our journey is guided by invisible hands with infinitely greater accuracy than is possible through our unaided conscious will." He uses the metaphor of the journey or the quest.
At the end of the book he also refers to the inscription that hung over the entrance to Jung's house in Switzerland: Vocatus atque vocatus, Deus aderit - "Invoked or not invoked, God is present".
I strongly recommend this unusual book which was published in order to inspire business people dealing with the issue of leadership, but one which deals with the real development of people and the need to connect to the higher powers that we are linked to. At their best the authors of "business" literature are trying to inspire - Jaworski achieves this.

Coming Back Alive: The Case for Reincarnation
Coming Back Alive: The Case for Reincarnation
by Joe Fisher

5.0 out of 5 stars Reincarnation Is Not Linear!, 21 Dec. 2003
This book, originally published in Canada, and with a foreword by the Dalai Lama, is an excellent review of the published literature on reincarnation, with special emphasis on recent books recounting the experiences of individuals.

The book is written in a calm and detached manner. The author notes that belief in rebirth is not exclusively a Buddhist or Hindu idea, that the idea has been present in most religions.

Fisher also points out that reincarnation is not linear, that time “being the product of our mundane consciousness, is no more than a convenient illusion – time doesn’t really exist”. He says that the oversoul - being in a timeless state – can see all the various lives happening at once, but the separate souls can see only their individual existences.

He says, “The future is here and has always existed. That is why gifted clairvoyants can foretell what will come to pass; by psychically tuning into a higher frequency they are able to perceive the everlasting present.”

Alan Vaughan is quoted as saying that the “By learning more about the unconscious blueprint of life, we bring to the surface more of our reasons for choosing to be born. We can never, I suspect, know all of our blueprint, for that would rob us of our zest for life.”
Fisher also quotes Rudolf Steiner as saying that before the spiritual seed of the physical body descends to the parents who have been chose to receive it, the soul is granted a vision of the life to come. Sometimes, said Steiner, this preview is so shocking that the self draws back in horror.”

The book gives a number of examples of groups of souls reincarnating together and of the idea that individual choose and plan the outlines of their next rebirth beforehand, in order to develop themselves.

The author says, ..”in one fundamental aspect the privileged few who have visited the interlife receive the same unrelenting message: We are thoroughly responsible for who we are and the circumstances in which we find ourselves. We are the ones who do the choosing.”

In short this is a well-written and interesting introduction to the whole are of reincarnation and I strongly recommend it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2011 10:11 PM GMT