Profile for Barrie Ockwell > Reviews

Content by Barrie Ockwell

Barrie Ockwell

AOC I2353FH 23 inch Widescreen LCD Monitor - Silver (1920 x 1080, 250 cd/m2)
AOC I2353FH 23 inch Widescreen LCD Monitor - Silver (1920 x 1080, 250 cd/m2)

5.0 out of 5 stars AOCi2353FH 23inch, 6 Feb 2014
Great product and I've given it a 5 star rating. Basically I found that I needed three screens for ads and web sites etc so bought firstly one of these screens and liked it a lot so added a second so with laptop I have three (depending on your laptop you may need an pluggable USB2 adaptor).

However the power pack that came with the second one after only 1-year failed so I contacted AOC support (u can only do it by email as no number) and said I needed a new pack urgently as it was making working on our web site etc difficult. Firstly (days later) and after sending email chases I eventually had a reply asking for the serial number and a PHOTO?? of the unit as if you could see it was broken ! I sent both but it took almost a week to get anywhere. Eventually I received a verbal msg on my mob saying they (support) didn't think they could resolve the problem as didn't think AOC provided any spare power units and to call back if I needed to discuss it further. In the mean time I had found a compatible power pack on eBay that I got on a next day service. I advised AOC that I wasn't happy with their response and said I'd be putting a comment here but never heard back!

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Screen Protector Case / Guard / Film / Cover, 2-in-1 Pack By Terrapin
Offered by ClickJunkie

1.0 out of 5 stars Got it wrong, 2 April 2013
Meant to order one for my Kindle Fire. I was comparing types and missed the fact that they are for Kindle Paperwhite. Not worth sending back so sat in my man draw. Bought the ones designed for Kindle Fire

Parker Jotter Red Ball Pen - Gift Boxed
Parker Jotter Red Ball Pen - Gift Boxed
Offered by ABN Finest Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Spare pen, 2 April 2013
I bought this so that when my Waterman refill runs out I'll have a spare to fall back on. I knew it was cheap and the old adage "you get what you pay for" but it's pretty light and feels cheap but I am comparing it to a waterman. I'm sure it is fine as an everyday pen and no doubt others will think it fine.

DESKTOP CRADLE CHARGING DOCK for iphone 3g 3gs, iphone charger, 3GS Desktop Charging  Docking Station, USB data cable for iphone 3g 3gs
DESKTOP CRADLE CHARGING DOCK for iphone 3g 3gs, iphone charger, 3GS Desktop Charging Docking Station, USB data cable for iphone 3g 3gs
Offered by PJP ELECTRONICS

4.0 out of 5 stars iPhone Cradle, 2 April 2013
arrived within a few days as advertised and seems to work fine. I bought three so we could use in the kitchen, study and bedroom. Found the leads on their own failed after a while.

Kärcher SC 1020 Steam Cleaning Station
Kärcher SC 1020 Steam Cleaning Station
Offered by Nationwide Cleaning Supplies

1.0 out of 5 stars Not man enough, this is more about the delivery service, 6 May 2012
I read all the on-line reviews and this one came out around 2nd place. I watched the Karcher video and having had a Karcher pressure washer I decided to go for their steam mop. I wanted it for general domestic floor and surface cleaning and to clean some newly laid sandstone floor tiles so the floor layer could seal them.

Alas when I eventually got it and tried it out on muddy footprints on the indoor swimming pool edging stones and the already sealed newly laid sandstone tiles (they needed a 2nd coat), it couldn't cope. The terries towel wouldn't stay in place because the head grips let it ruck up no matter how tightly I fitted and re-fitted it and the steamer seamed weak. I asked my wifes opinion and she came to the same conclusion so I've sent it back as unfit for intended purposes.

Delivery my main beef:- Using Amazon prime I should have been guaranteed delivery the following day (Friday) - no show and my floor layer is getting twitchy. I was in all day as was he so someone would have been around to take it. Having followed the tracking link on Amazon it said it was on the van and remained that way until about 6/7pm and then said it was back at the depot. So I phoned the carrier and was told he'd rescheduled it for delivery no later than Monday. Monday came and went and so having phoned several times that day I was eventually (about an hours wait after my calls to two service desk personnel) called back by a manager - Steven Daley who told me he was sorry but that it would be delivered between 7am and 7pm on Tuesday not 9-10am as I'd asked and despite my protests that I had a floor layer waiting for it. I got the impression he was punch drunk having had so many problem calls that day. This was the HDSL YODEL delivery Company delivering on Amazon's behalf. Using the word service in their name I think contravenes the trades description act.

The unit arrived eventually at about 2pm by which time the floor layer had, had to use sponges to clean the second lot of floor tiles to ready them for sealing. With the Karcher came two cases of wine we had been chasing for 3+ days from Tesco on-line. This was the second time wine had turned up 3-4 days late over a matter of a few weeks. To add insult to injury HDNL (Home delivery network) charges 10p per minute and on average it takes 10 minutes to get through. In my case this added up to £5.00+ in calls to them which is non-refundable.

I think Amazon and Tesco both need to change their carrier as this service is negating any benefits offered in Amazon's case for the PRIME service I pay annually and Tesco's well we can buy from Laithwaites, Waitrose, Sainsbury's, Majestic's, Virgin Wines and Nakedwines to name a few all offering super deals and delivery when they say they will.

I'm now trolling the internet for a meatier steam cleaner. We had a HomeTek light and easy steam mop Elite highly recommended that we purchased in Oct 2010 but the handle started to come apart and the handle base became very hot so we stopped using it. It was only used once a week if that by our house keeper, she sometimes preferred the mop and bucket. Having sent a request for advice and failed to get a response from Hometek I phoned Amazon who informed me that it was over 1-year old and thus out of warranty. He suggeted I could ring them but didn't hold out much hope in view of the warranty period so I decided to go for a more robust steam mop.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2014 7:49 PM BST

Duronic 2m 24k Gold Plated High Speed Scart to Scart Lead
Duronic 2m 24k Gold Plated High Speed Scart to Scart Lead
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Scart leads, 31 July 2011
I found that I needed two scart leads in addition to the HD leadsI had so found these on Amazon and ordered them. Prompt delivery and useful writeup.

They were for our holiday cottage TV/DVD's. I plugged them in and ran a film and all worked very well. Good quality and worth the extra money.