Profile for Bluebell > Reviews

The Man Who Wanted to Be Happy
by Laurent Gounelle
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and cheaper than a councellor, 3 Aug 2014
I have read and re-read this book. It has so much to offer the self doubter. Excellent and cheaper than a councellor.

California Dreamin' - The Best of The Mamas & The Papas
California Dreamin' - The Best of The Mamas & The Papas
Price: 5.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Songs from yesteryear for me. Where did they go ..., 3 Aug 2014
Songs from yesteryear for me. Where did they go? Evocative of the era. Summer music at any time of year.

Death in Seville
Death in Seville
by David Hewson
Price: 7.05

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked the characterisation of the players, 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: Death in Seville (Paperback)
A bit complicated, it took a while to sort out who was who. My sort of book, a bit of local, Spanish history, which is why I bought it; I wanted to know more about the 'Brotherhood' having witnessed Semana Santa (Easter) parades in Spain. Spooky stuff, even children are dressed in the cloaks and hoods. I can appreciate the emotion of the crowd, so many people in a restricted area. I liked the characterisation of the players; a good observation of the human psyche in the 'goodies' and the 'baddies'. A satisfactory ending to a gruesome story. It reminded me of the style of 2 Spanish authors who I have read, their writing is a bit 'gothic'.

G I R L
G I R L
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the upbeat numbers that 'move along', 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: G I R L (Audio CD)
This album grows on you, well, it did me. I had only heard "Happy", the rest was unknown. I like the upbeat numbers that 'move along'. Saw Pharrell interviewed on TV recently and he seemed a confident, pleasant person. The headgear is original, A/W 2014 fashion has adopted his style according to the 'glossies'. I'll play the music but the hats are not for me.

The Shack
The Shack
by WM. Paul Young
Price: 7.19

4.0 out of 5 stars A very disturbing novel. It had a profound emotional ..., 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Shack (Paperback)
A very disturbing novel. It had a profound emotional effect on me having recently experienced a triple bereavement. I will try to read it again later.

Married Life [DVD]
Married Life [DVD]
Dvd ~ Pierce Brosnan
Price: 7.61

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting story about what appeared to be male midlife ..., 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: Married Life [DVD] (DVD)
An interesting story about what appeared to be male midlife crisis in a very liberal marriage, she being more liberated than him. That was the mismatch. Some relationships are complicated, and not even obvious to the people involved. I was never sure what would happen next. Satisfactory ending, no harm done. I will view again, to confirm my first impression.

The Singles Collection
The Singles Collection
Price: 4.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Kool & The Gang cd, 31 May 2014
This review is from: The Singles Collection (Audio CD)
I play this in my car, it's great all round, uplifting music. I like their easy going style. Good value, too.

Cetavlex Antiseptic Cream 50g
Cetavlex Antiseptic Cream 50g
Offered by Pharmacyone
Price: 5.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Good all round antiseptic cream, 31 May 2014
This cream was recommended by a vet for an injured pet. Because, it doesn't contain any nasty ingredients for my pet to ingest. So, if it's good enough for my cat, it's good enough for me and has been for many years.

Canon PG-540/CL-541 Ink Cartridge (Pack of 2)
Canon PG-540/CL-541 Ink Cartridge (Pack of 2)
Price: 20.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon PG-540/CL-541 Ink Cartridge (Pack of 2), 27 May 2014
This is a competitively priced item, although I still think it is expensive compared to some other cartridges. As a proprietary cartridge it is the only option for my printer.

Earth, Wind & Fire: The Greatest Hits
Earth, Wind & Fire: The Greatest Hits
Price: 5.54

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, 24 Mar 2014
The greatest hits. Great listening, difficult to choose a favourite track. I love to play it in my car, windows down, volume up. Go girl go! This is my current favourite. Just wish I could have seen them live during their recent visit to these shores.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4