Profile for W. Forrow > Reviews

Content by W. Forrow

W. Forrow "Wilf Forrow" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Belkin Speaker and Headphones Splitter - White
Belkin Speaker and Headphones Splitter - White
Offered by MJP GLOBAL LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat solution, 12 May 2009
Excellent way to drive 2 outputs from 1 3.5mm socket. Works perfectly and looks good.

Buffalo LinkStation Live 500GB Shared Network Storage HS-DH500GL
Buffalo LinkStation Live 500GB Shared Network Storage HS-DH500GL

5.0 out of 5 stars Great storage solution, 9 Mar. 2009
This is a great home solution solution. I've lost important data in the past from disk crashes, so I was looking for a SIMPLE way to protect my data, music and photos from a disk crash, fire or burglary. The LinkStation is ethernet, so unlike many USB drives, it can be hidden away in a garage or anywhere you can get ethernet to. I use SecondCopy to sync everything daily to a backup area on my main PC, and any PC local data to the Linkstation backup area. Works like a dream. It's quiet, easy to set up and protect, and while it's not as fast as a local PC drive, its fast enough for anything I need.

Some reviews mark it down just because it is missing fancy features I didn't need, and I couldn't find anything near this price that DID have what I wanted. Recommended!

California Dreaming
California Dreaming

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great California music, 24 Mar. 2008
This review is from: California Dreaming (Audio CD)
If you remember the Califormia Seventies as a blur of fantastic music, but you don't seem to have any on your system, or your LP's are unplayable, like mine - buy this! I don't know why it's a fantastic mix - even those I hadn't heard before - but it just is.

Beginning SharePoint 2007: Building Team Solutions with MOSS 2007 (Programmer to Programmer)
by Shane Perran

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for managing and developing Sharepoint sites, 24 Mar. 2008
Strongly recommended! This book will show you how to use the incredible 'out of the box' capabilities of Sharepoint to make web sites to structure and display information without programming. This book is NOT about programming web parts or components - in fact you don't need to be a programmer at all.

The book is very well written and gives STRUCTURED ADVICE on where to start, and how to choose between the many options. It is NOT just a useless duplication of the Help screens you already have, like some books. It covers small business right up to big enterprises where I am working. I now UNDERSTAND things instead of just guessing.

I can now create simple solutions with Sharepoint, Excel and Infopath in minutes or hours that 2 years ago would just not have happened - they would have needed a web designer, a database designer, a programmer, months of planning, and too much money.

If you are responsible for setting up or managing Sharepoint sites, or if you just need to know if Sharepoint is the right way to go, buy it!!!

SanDisk Cruzer Profile - USB flash drive - 1 GB - Hi-Speed USB
SanDisk Cruzer Profile - USB flash drive - 1 GB - Hi-Speed USB

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 17 Feb. 2007
If you need to store anything sensitive, why would you buy an ordinary flash drive, when you can have fingerprint security from SanDisk for hardly any more money?

Setting up your fingerprints is reasonably easy. If you include both thumbs, you can unlock it with your thumb in the same motion as plugging it into the USB port. Most times it recognises me almost instantly, first time - never more than 2 or 3 swipes.

It has worked immediately on every Windows PC I've tried (don't know about Linux). And its as fast a transfer rate as any I've seen. Until your fingerprint has unlocked it, Windows just sees it as an unformatted drive - and yes, if you accept Window's kind offer to format it, it IS write protected (I tested it).

On the downside :- The connecting wire could be a bit bulky and vulnerable for trouser pockets - I hang mine round my neck on the strap provided. And it is a bit wider than my previous SanDisk Cruzer, so blocks adjacent USB ports on my laptop.

If you can live with those restrictions, it's great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3