Profile for W. Forrow > Reviews

Content by W. Forrow

W. Forrow "Wilf Forrow" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Trigem (The Adalmar Prophecies Book 1)
The Trigem (The Adalmar Prophecies Book 1)
Price: 1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Try the free sample - you might just love this book!!!, 18 Aug 2011
I downloaded 'The Trigem' free sample without expecting too much, but I got well and truly hooked. Well written and very engaging, it builds a totally believable kingdom of Adalmar, and then weaves some great characters, spells and plot lines into it. I got to the point where I couldn't put it down, and I can't wait for part II. I strongly recommend you sample it - you might just love it too!!!

Oxo Good Grips 12 inch Locking Tongs with Silicone Heads
Oxo Good Grips 12 inch Locking Tongs with Silicone Heads
Price: 7.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever non-stick tongs, 10 Aug 2011
I've used countless so-called 'best' tongs which aren't. These really are the best - nice simple action, no embarrassing food drops, no scratching non-stick surfaces, hanging hook, and clip together to fit neatly in your cutlery drawer. Strongly recommended.

Berghaus Men's Paclite Overtrousers - Black, Large/Regular
Berghaus Men's Paclite Overtrousers - Black, Large/Regular

5.0 out of 5 stars The first waterproof trousers I can bear to wear, 28 Sep 2010
I hate waterproof trousers, but there are times when safety comes first, so I bought these reluctantly. And I love them. I have been known to wear them when its not even raining, and they're even OK for cycling. I've spent my whole life saying I didn't need GoreTex - why didn't I just buy it before? They're very light, pack up into a tiny bag, and the thigh length zips mean you can put them on very quickly over walking boots. Strongly recommended.

Simple Bicycle Repair: Fixing Your Bike Made Easy
Simple Bicycle Repair: Fixing Your Bike Made Easy
by Rob Van der Plas
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great portable bible, 28 Sep 2010
I bought this for my wife to have with her on her mad trips, and it fits the bill perfectly. Small and light enough to carry with you, but seems to cover all the bases.

Solar Electricity Handbook 2010: A Simple Practical Guide to Solar Energy - Designing and Installing Photovoltaic Solar Electric Systems
by Michael Boxwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good intro to solar PV, 28 Sep 2010
I was looking for a good intro to Solar PV before I buy a roof system to take advantage of the new UK feed-in tariffs, and this is great for that, but you will need to wade through a lot of stuff about smaller or battery-based systems. In fact, I hadn't realised how much you could do in that line. But an excellent and well-presented book, and very up to date.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (1 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (1 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good protection, 20 Jan 2010
I bought Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 because it was the PC Pro best buy during 2008, and upgraded to the 2010 version at renewal time. PC Pro have now decided its not quite the tops, but it still seems to do the job, and its price through Amazon is reasonable (the product invites you to the Kaspersky site, which is double the cost). The upgrade could have been slightly smoother, but I suspect there's pain with all of them. It seems to be working well, and my PC seems to have survived everything thrown at it. If you can't decide, this is pretty good, and certainly a lot better than no protection at all.

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 5000 XL Rechargeable Toothbrush
Braun Oral-B Professional Care 5000 XL Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Aug 2009
I bought this because my old Braun toothbrush was 5 or 6 years old, and surely the battery can't last much longer? And to give us a spare for travel. But both are still going strong! The 5000 XL has the extra nice touch of 30 second reminders to switch to the next quarter of your mouth, which is strangely satisfying and breaks the boredom. And the charger is much smaller for travelling. Only downside is no travel case. Recommended!

Beginning InfoPath 2003 (Programmer to Programmer)
Beginning InfoPath 2003 (Programmer to Programmer)
by F. Scott Barker
Price: 18.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to Infopath, 13 May 2009
Infopath is another of the hidden gems of the Office suite, and this book is a great way to learn it. Well written, with good explanations and examples. Office 2007 is another leap forward, but most big companies will be using 2003 for a while. I had expected a bit more on using it with Sharepoint, but was surprised how strong it is on its own. I recommend the book and the product.

Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Coffee Measure and Bag Clip
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Coffee Measure and Bag Clip
Price: 6.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb way to measure coffee, 13 May 2009
This is a great coffee measure, because the neck is long enough to reach into the bag without covering your hands with coffee grains, but even more because it clips the bag shut, so no more searching around for it (the clip isn't very obvious from the picture). Its very nicely made from heavy stainless steel and oozes quality. It would be 5 stars if it didn't drop the odd coffee grain in the fridge - they stick to it when it comes out cold. If the spoon could stay IN the bag while still clipping it shut, it would be perfect. Still heartily recommended though.

Belkin Pro Series Mini Stereo Extension Cord 3.5mm M/F 5.5m
Belkin Pro Series Mini Stereo Extension Cord 3.5mm M/F 5.5m

5.0 out of 5 stars Good way to extend 3.5 mm audio, 12 May 2009
I was looking for a 3.5 mm cable to run from my PC to PC speakers in another room, and this is one of the few that go over 5 metres. I was expecting something a little heavier, but it turns out to work fine, with no degredation that I can hear, and being very thin and flexible is much more useable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3