Profile for H Root > Reviews

Content by H Root

H Root "2525" (Earth)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Do They Know It's Christmas? (2014)
Do They Know It's Christmas? (2014)

5.0 out of 5 stars MAKE IT NUMBER ONE we are the world!, 17 Nov 2014
GIVE YOUR MONEY TO MEDICINES SANS FRONTIERS INSTEAD

Thirty years ago we had a Conservative government that was cutting overseas aid. Band Aid /Live Aid ushered in 30 years of charidee replacing necessary government spending on helping the poor, sick, mentally ill and the homeless.

FACT - despite raising millions, the whole Band Aid / Live Aid project in the 1980s raised less than the reduction in U K overseas aid for one financial year.

FACT - the main beneficiaries of band aid /live aid were the white rock acts whose careers were resurrected via Live Aid (Quo, Jagger, Queen, etc) their subsequent profits and the profits of their labels were way in excess of the amount raised for charity

Now 30 years on we see cuts in oversees aid and UKIP seeking to abolish overseas aid entirely. But hey we have to worry about ebola (discovered late 1970s and we have done nothing to assist compared with e.g Cuba) because hey, there have been cases in Spain and the States you know so, we might get it.

So here we have it a group of tax avoiders singing a song full of un-truths:
1 ' no rain or river flows' on an entire continent!
2 'And 'here wont be snow in Africa this Christmas time' -not even in the mountains
3 and er 'do they know it's Christmas time at all?

Look, the money raised will be great but one again we have
a) millionaires /tax evaders asking us to hand over our cash
b) a cast of whiteys - with few black or asian members of Band Aid 30
c) no coverage of the ebola charity single made by Africans themselves

In sum all that this project will do is consolidate the star status of the relatively recent celebs such as Paloma Faith and raise millions - but a drop in the ocean compared to the savage cuts in overseas aid by western governments

Take It to the Base
Take It to the Base

1.0 out of 5 stars Take it to the tip, 9 Nov 2014
This review is from: Take It to the Base (MP3 Download)
Take it to the tip. Take it to the recycling center. Delete it from your files

Simply awful. What next a rap about the joys of infibulation?

Why are some boys so afraid of women?

Don't waste your hard earned cash. Make a donation to a charity for the homeless or the Revolutionary Afghan Women's Association (RAWA)

Proper Naughty Christmas [Explicit]
Proper Naughty Christmas [Explicit]

1.0 out of 5 stars Saucy Jack will like it, 9 Nov 2014
I have to agree with Lee 33. his review is perfectly accurate

This is a new low in British popular culture and tarnishes whatever goodwill message remains in the Christmas season .

Critics of Mr Laughs' pathetic social media postings have been threatened with assault and rape. This is what his fans are like.

In response to his many critics, Master D. Laughs has claimed that this is a charity album. However Sony have denied this. Well done Sony for revealing the truth - but what on earth are you doing releasing this childish sewage?

In addition, ITV 2 have just given him his own series - so we will have the DVD of that (with the, oh so rude out-takes natch) to look forward to in the new year. Oh joy! Then we have a winter tour of the O2 arenas that will also produce a DVD -that will be in Poundland by mid summer so that we can see all those Onanist Tory undergraduates in the audience in their risque comedy T shirts.

Fans of Master Laughs also like; Steve Dahl, Boris Johnson, Russell Howard, Fred West, Charlie Sheen,Top Gear, Top Gun, Chuck Berry, Gary Bushell, Richard Littlejohn, the Barclay brothers, Woodrow Wyatt, Nigel Farage, Peter Stringfellow, Andy Gray, Peter Sutcliffe, Simon Cowell, Eric Clapton, Paul Oakenfold, Michael Mcintire, Jontahan Ross, George Osbourne, Sir James Saville, Andrew Dice Clay, Robin Thicke, Keith Lemon, Eminem, Howard Stern, Chris Moyes, Ched Evans, Clayton Mcdonald, David Cameron, Melanie Phillips, Rod Liddle, Joey Barton and Bill Grundy - and still live with their mum in a bedroom full of games consoles, MILF magazines and used tissues.

Please make a donation to Shelter or Crisis at Christmas - do not waste your cash on this smug fool .
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2014 6:22 AM GMT

Syro
Syro

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Danny Kaye, 7 Oct 2014
This review is from: Syro (Audio CD)
This is the story of the King's new clothes:
Now there was once a king who was absolutely insane
about new clothes and one day, two swindlers came to
sell him what they said was a magic suit of clothes.
Now, they held up this particular garment and they
said, "Your Majesty, this is a magic suit." Well, the
truth of the matter is, there was no suit there at all.
But the swindlers were very smart, and they said, "Your
Majesty, to a wise man this is a beautiful raiment but
to a fool it is absolutely invisible." Naturally, the
King not wanting to appear a fool, said,

"Isn't it grand! Isn't it fine! Look at the cut, the
style, the line!
The most remarkable suit of clothes that I have ever
seen.
These eyes of mine at once determined
The sleeves are velvet, the cape is ermine
The hose are blue and the doublet is a lovely shade of
green.
Somebody send for the Queen."

Well they sent for the Queen and they quickly explained
to her about the magic suit of clothes. And naturally,
the Queen not wanting to appear a fool, said,

"Well, isn't it oh! Isn't it rich! Look at the charm of
every stitch!
The most remarkable suit of clothes that I have ever
seen.
These eyes of mine at once determined
The sleeves are velvet, the cape is ermine
The hose are blue and the doublet is a lovely shade of
green.
Summon the court to convene."

Well the court convened, and you never saw in your life
as many people as were at that court. All the
ambassadors, the dukes, the earls, the counts, it was
just black with people, and they were all told about
the magic suit of clothes. And after they were told
they naturally didn't want to appear fools and they
said,

"Isn't it ohhh! Isn't it ahhh! Isn't it absolutely
wheee(whistle sound)!
But all together it's all together
The most remarkable suit of clothes a tailor ever made.
Now quickly, put it all together
With gloves of leather and hat and feather
It's all together the thing to wear in Saturday's
parade.
Leading the royal brigade."

Now Saturday came and the streets were just lined with
thousands, and thousands, and thousands of people, and
they all were cheering as the artillery came by, the
infantry marched by, the cavalry galloped by. And
everybody was cheering like mad, except one little boy.
You see, he hadn't heard about the magic suit and
didn't know what he was supposed to see. Well, as the
King came by the little boy looked and, horrified,
said,

"Look at the King! Look at the the King! Look at the
King, the King, the King!
But all together the all together
He's all together as naked as the day that he was born.
But all together the all together
It's all together the very least the King has ever
worn."

All the courts positioned to call an intermission
His majesty is wide open to ridicule and scorn

But all together the all together
He's all together as naked as the day that he was born.
And it's all together too chilly a morn!

Blunted With A Beat Junkie (Mixed By DJ Shortkut)
Blunted With A Beat Junkie (Mixed By DJ Shortkut)
Offered by disks4u

5.0 out of 5 stars I THINK THAT SAM CAM HAS MY COPY, 1 Oct 2014
This is superb. I took my copy up to the Conservative and Unionist Party of great Britain Conference in Birmingham. After going for a chicken and spinach balti down the Stoney Lane with Michael Gove we all went for a drink in The Prince in Moseley. It is not as good as it was in the eighties -a bit full of hipsters and not the gay pub that it was. Anyway we bumped into Theresa May's PA who took us to a party at some three star hotel down the Hagley Road. (A handy area - houses of the rising sun for every taste if you are in the area. Avoid the Latvians - all of em are a bit yeasty!). When we arrived, David was on the i pod spinning 'Meat is Murder' as per usual and playing air guitar like he's a little Johnny Marr. Except Johnny Marr would not wear a navy blue stone-wash Johnny Boden rugger shirt on a Saturday night.

While our leader was in his rock god plateau of self indulgence. I went out to the bathroom for a bit of nose candy and adult fun with Samantha. 'South of the border down Mexico way' is still her favourite.

Later on Ant and Dec turned up with a big bag of cat that went down a treat. Then I had a few G&Ts with Alex from the Arctics before finally putting this great set on for all to enjoy. We are thinking of making 'Ali Baba' (by the great Mr John Holt) our main theme tune in next year's election.

The night went with a bang and ended shortly after 5 pm. I will have to buy a replacement copy.

Frontline Presents Dub
Frontline Presents Dub

5.0 out of 5 stars Finest, 11 Aug 2014
This review is from: Frontline Presents Dub (Audio CD)
My son Colin is gay but he does not go in for that hi NRG stuff that is still popular in parts of Soho and the village in Brighton. Rather he prefers that disco re-edits that are popular in Europe's cooler gayspots and he also likes his dub. What a treat it was to hear this on the car soundsystem when we were driving down to Portsmouth to see his new boyfriend. ( The BF used to date a leading talent show host - he has got that X factor if you know what i mean.)

Portsmouth does not have much going for it so we went over to catch the Bestival on the Isle of Wight. We would never dream of camping, so we took residence in a rather shabby two star hotel on the seafront at Sandown. This was one of those hotels that still has a pound coin box on the side of the pay per view TV. As a result, we went to watch the Saturday lunchtime soccer match at the local Conservative Club.

Now the new BF hates good Conservatives such as myself and to cut a long story short he dropped some Bestival goodies that he'd purchased into the drinks of the local MP and a prominent local school headteacher. Not only that but Colin persuaded the club bar steward (also a gay -natch) to take off the line dancing CD that had been playing and replace it with this fine CD.

As the music got livelier around track 3, the local MP insisted that the volume was increased. This prompted a few racist comments from the locals. (are all the residents of the UK's islands this racist?) and the headteacher fellow started to dance on the table to one of Sly n Robbie's finest riddims. I had to film this on my phone -as it was great fun especially when the local MP started to sing 'Moon river over the 'MPLA dub'. I will upload onto You Tube shortly. Buy and take down your local Connie Club.

5 Albums Box Set
5 Albums Box Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Mike Read ruined my treasured memories, 7 April 2014
This review is from: 5 Albums Box Set (Audio CD)
The Works remind me of my student days at a Midlands polytechnic where I read English and American studies. I revised for my finals to their second glorious album and a cassette of Talk Talk's best songs made by a friend.

Some feel that their over-produced take on the Bunnymen has not aged well while my former student collegues (mostly those in the civil service) still adore them .

However, my view of the works is tarnished by former radio one breakfast show presenter Mike Read.

In 1996 Read had a stalker who had changed her name to Blue Tulip Rose Read and believed that she was married to him. Rose was from Welwyn Garden City and her original name was Carol Ballar. Unfortunately 'Mrs Read' claimed that DJ Mike made love to her first thing every morning to the sound of 'Love is a Wonderful Colour' on his quadraphonic sound system -AT FULL VOLUME

Now this was dismissed at the time and Mrs Read - a sever special needs case if ever there was one- was ridiculed in a Channel 4 film called 'I'm your number one fan". However given recent convictions of former BBC staff for their illicit congress I say that there is no smoke without fire, I fear that I cannot listen to The Works without thinking of Mike Read's pink icicle subjugating this poor woman.

Furthermore poor Shara Nelson (who sang like an angel on the first Massive Attack album) now claims that she is secretly married to Pete Tong. Although Mr Tong denies all knowledge of this matrimonial conjunction, again I say that there is no smoke without fire. Henceforth I cannot listen to 'Unfinished Symphony' without the sinister image of Tong's manhood destroying Shara's vocal cords corrupting my enjoyment of this fine song .

Will BBC Radio One's destruction of the nation's musical tastes ever cease?

You will find my copy of this box set in the Henley On Thames branch of Oxfam.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2014 7:56 PM BST

Frank: The True Story that Inspired the Movie
Frank: The True Story that Inspired the Movie
by Jon Ronson

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to me, 7 April 2014
This book was a joy to me.

It all began when Henley on Thames Council took it upon their wisdom to close all the public toilets in the town center. (If you ask me that would have saved more if the had not bought i-pads for all their middle managers but who am I to say) Now back in January I had downed a few cups of tea too many over breakfast and nature called just when I was flicking through the DVDs in the Cancer Research Shop. I was going to buy a copy of 'Matt Munro live at the NEC' but I just didn't have the power of restraint . So I popped into Waitrose where I normally go for a jimmy riddle if i am caught short. But to my dismay the facilities there were closed for cleaning. So I dashed into Morrisons in the High Street but once again the toilets were closed but this time it was due to vandalism.

I could not contain myself no longer and I just went outside into the car park and relieved my self up the rear tyre of a 2005 Nissan people carrier.

Unfortunately all of this was caught on camera and to cut a long story short, I got arrested and charged with indecent exposure. Furthermore because of that queening incident on Sandbanks beach with Marjorie from next door in 2012 , I got put away for six weeks. .

Under the new prison regulations, Mr Grayling has decided that prisoner rehabilitation is enhanced if prisoners do not have access to books from external sources such as parcels from home. While doing time in Albany Prison, I had one visit to the Prison Library during the six week period. I was allowed to take out one book. Among the stock of tatty rom-coms, true crime rubbish and Jeremy Clarkson tripe was this book. A godsend. Thank you whoever stocked it.

A third of prisoners cannot read or write. Only a tenth get access to adult literacy while inside. 80% of released prisoners are back inside within twelve months. Buy this book but then write to your MP about a ban on books that not even Putin would implement.

Oh and even the Victorians had public toilets -didn't they? (Morrisons toilets are still closed -no wonder their share price is falling.)

Unplugged [Expanded & Remastered]
Unplugged [Expanded & Remastered]
Offered by The Music Warehouse

1.0 out of 5 stars NO STARS, 22 Mar 2014
Are you a Clapton fan? Do you keep buying stuff that you already own in a new expanded format with extra tracks or a bonus DVD? Did they play 'Wonderful Tonight' at your wedding? Did you get aroused by the 'EC was here' and Blind Faith covers? Of course you did.

Have you tried to persuade your eldest lad to form a band that plays 'Layla' and 'Bell Bottom Blues'? Do you play 'Cocaine' on headphones while the wife makes your tea? Did you buy Marley's 'Legend' about 5 years after everyone else did because you believed that the version of 'I Shot the Sheriff' was better on 461 Ocean Boulevard? Do you and the wife settle down and play Unplugged over a glass of wine after she's done your ironing?

Eric is a thief whose entire career has consisted of stealing from better musicians. some of the latter have been black or brown skinned. in the middle of a gig in Wolverhampton in August 1976. This is what he had to say.

"Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands. W*gs I mean, I'm looking at you. Where are you? I'm sorry but some f##cking w*g...Arab grabbed my wife's bum, you know? Surely got to be said, yeah this is what all the f##king foreigners and w*gs over here are like, just disgusting, that's just the truth, yeah. So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country. You f##king (indecipherable). I don't want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should vote for Enoch Powell. Enoch's our man. I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the w*gs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white.
I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. F##king w*gs, man. f**king Saudis taking over London. B@stard w*gs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black w*gs and co*ns and Arabs and fuc*ing Jamaicans and fuc*ing (indecipherable) don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black w*gs and c**ns living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. We are a white country. I don't want f*cking wo*s living next to me with their standards. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for f*ck's sake? We need to vote for Enoch Powell, he's a great man, speaking truth. Vote for Enoch, he's our man, he's on our side, he'll look after us. I want all of you here to vote for Enoch, support him, he's on our side. Enoch for Prime Minister! Throw the w*gs out! Keep Britain white!"

eric Cllapton
c/o Surfdog Inc / Dave Kaplan Management
1126 South Coast Highway 101
Encinitas, CA 92024, USA
Phone: (760) 944-8000
Fax: (760) 944-7808

Clapton also supports foxhunting. And so do you?
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 11, 2014 10:23 AM BST

Complete Clapton
Complete Clapton
Offered by streetsahead

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly longer versions than on previous releases, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Complete Clapton (Audio CD)
Are you a Clapton fan? do you keep buying stuff that you already own in a new expanded format with extra tracks or a bonus DVD? Did you then buy the same collection again but this time remastered? Did they play 'wonderful tonight' at your wedding? Did you get aroused by the 'EC was here' and Blind Faith covers? Of course you did.

Have you tried to persuade your eldest lad to form a band that plays 'Layla' and 'Bell Bottom Blues'? Do you play 'Cocaine' on headphones while the wife makes your tea? Did you buy Marley's 'Legend' about 5 years after everyone else did -because you believed that the version of 'I Shot the Sheriff' was better on 461 Ocean Boulevard?

Do you and the wife settle down and play 'Unplugged' over a glass of wine after she's done your ironing? Did Eric help you 'get into' JJ Cale and BB King? Do you record the Jules Holland show on the BBC? Have you even heard of Rory Gallagher?

“Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands.. W*gs I mean, I'm looking at you. Where are you? I'm sorry but some f##cking w*g...Arab grabbed my wife's bum, you know? Surely got to be said, yeah this is what all the f##king foreigners and w*gs over here are like, just disgusting, that's just the truth, yeah. So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country. You f##king (indecipherable). I don't want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should vote for Enoch Powell. Enoch's our man. I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the w*gs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white.
I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. F##king w*gs, man. f**king Saudis taking over London. B@stard w*gs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black w*gs and co*ns and Arabs and fuc*ing Jamaicans and fuc*ing (indecipherable) don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black w*gs and c**ns living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. We are a white country. I don't want f*cking wo*s living next to me with their standards. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for f*ck's sake? We need to vote for Enoch Powell, he's a great man, speaking truth. Vote for Enoch, he's our man, he's on our side, he'll look after us. I want all of you here to vote for Enoch, support him, he's on our side. Enoch for Prime Minister! Throw the w*gs out! Keep Britain white!”

Mr Clapton has never recanted or apologized for this expression of his deepest thoughts

I suggest that you get all your product by Mr Clapton CBE and post it back to his current label:

Mr Eric Cllapton CBE
c/o Surfdog Inc / Dave Kaplan Management
1126 South Coast Highway 101
Encinitas, CA 92024, USA
Phone: (760) 944-8000
Fax: (760) 944-7808

Mr 'slowhand' Clapton also supports foxhunting.- but then so do you?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 21, 2014 4:59 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4