Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Oldham, England)

Bananaman - The Ultimate Collection [DVD] [2004]
Bananaman - The Ultimate Collection [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Tim Brooke-Taylor
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Are you ready to go back in time?, 19 May 2009
I nearly shed a solitary tear when I saw this dvd on amazon. I HAD to buy it straight away and I'm glad I did. It really does throw you back to your childhood (If you watched this as a child obviously). The only bad thing is that now whenever I see anybody eating a banana I can't help but launch into the theme tune, but thats a small price to pay.

Graffiti World: Street Art from Five Continents (Street Graphics / Street Art)
Graffiti World: Street Art from Five Continents (Street Graphics / Street Art)
by Nicholas Ganz

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to a brave new world, 19 May 2009
This book really brings home the thought that graffiti can be so much more than "(insert name) was here '99". There are some brilliant, well thought out pieces in this book. I really don't know anything about graffiti. I have recently been drawn to this type of art because of some excellent pieces that I've seen in Manchester city centre, near where I live. If somebody was to contest that graffiti wasn't art all you'd need to do is show them this book and they would have nothing else to say.

The Faber Book of Beasts
The Faber Book of Beasts
by Paul Muldoon

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like poetry this book is a must!, 19 May 2009
This is a brilliant anthology. It made me appreciate some poets work alot more and has encouraged me to hunt out more of their work. I've got a couple of really good poetry collections and am always on the look out for more. Unfortunately there aren't that many that I'd class as brilliant. This one deserves five stars. Like one of the previous reviewers I got this book because I needed it for a course, but I'll be reading it long after the course is done. The foreword is a bit pretentious...you'd think that Paul Muldoon had written all the poems himself. But thats all forgotten and forgiven once you get into the poems. Buy this book, it is essential reading for anyone that loves poetry.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2011 4:03 PM BST

Doctor Faustus: The A text
Doctor Faustus: The A text
by Christopher Marlowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book...now!, 19 May 2009
Like the above review I had to read this book for an OU course. It took a couple of scenes for me to get into the language. At first I found myself checking the notes every couple of lines because I was unfamiliar with some of the terminology but once I got into it I was hooked. I ended up reading it in one go and really enjoyed it. The sections after the play are very useful aswell as they provide a lot of background information and put the play in context. Whether you are reading this play for fun or for a course its definately worth a read.