Profile for Jaksenpollock > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Dartboard - Winmau Blade 4
Dartboard - Winmau Blade 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Dartboard, 22 Jan. 2015
I bought this for my shed/workshop/man cave and it's had quite a bit of use in the relatively short time I've had it. I think there's something wrong with it though because the treble twenty is proving very difficult to get darts to go into. I'm also having the same trouble with the doubles as well I just don't know what's wrong.

Seriously though I think this is a very good dartboard and so far it has remained relatively unmarked by the darts. Not much more I can say really, the numbers are all in the right place, it looks symmetrical and the wire is a lot finer than the chunky stuff they used to use. Darts don't seem to worryingly bounce back off it like they did in the old days causing folk to jump out the way.

The dartboard arrived on time but the box was open and pretty bashed. Luckily there was no damage to the board and everything was there.

16 x 40 Compact Monocular for Camping Hiking Outdoors Birdwatching--Storage Pouch and Cleaning Cloth Included
Offered by XICHEN

5.0 out of 5 stars Budget Monocular, 12 Jan. 2015
I've given this 5 stars because of the price. It's an amazing scope for the money, it's easily focussed, has good magnification and fits easily in my pocket when out walking. As you might expect its not very solidly built, the rubber casing isn't very well attached or of good quality. The optical quality isn't great either but in my opinion it's much better than you can seriously expect given the price. I bought this because I've always used binoculars and fancied trying a monocular. I bought this cheap one to give it a try before looking at something decent and the monocular wins because it's so quick to focus and compact to carry. I wear specs so there's also less mucking about when I need to see something quickly. Wildlife can be long gone by the time you sort your binos out.

Arrived promptly.

Bergen 6 Piece Metric Parallel Pin Punch Set in Pouch - BER1951
Bergen 6 Piece Metric Parallel Pin Punch Set in Pouch - BER1951
Offered by Etrade247 Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but Definitely not Nasty, 4 Jan. 2015
I've only had cause to use these occasionally but they've proven to be tough and up to the job. I've used them to knock out rusty pins and old ball races and the ones I've used have taken some hefty licks with my ball pein hammer without bending. Given the price (£8.75 in July 14) that's exceeding expectations because you just can't make your own for cheaper than this. I'm constantly amazed at how cheaply you can buy these things for nowadays compared to when I was a nipper. Some poor sods must be working for nowt somewhere to produce these.

Lloytron Paul Anthony Salon Pro Beard and Stubble Trimmer
Lloytron Paul Anthony Salon Pro Beard and Stubble Trimmer
Offered by Ryness Lighting & Electrical

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Groomin, 4 Jan. 2015
I've not had this for long but it's working very well. It has an excellent length adjusting mechanism which involves turning a wheel to increase or decrease the length of hair it will cut. It's a versatile well designed clipper and I'm very pleased with it. 10/10

Professional Moustache Scissors and Beard Trimming Scissors, Extremely Sharp - Black
Offered by Sanguine Scissors Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars A Cut Below, 1 Jan. 2015
These are ok I suppose but for the money I expected better. The scissors are a bit stubby at the end which makes them slightly awkward to get behind the facial hair to lift and cut. They are pretty sharp with a good edge but the thumb screw which holds the blades together keeps slackening off and needs to be regularly tightened. There also doesn't seem to be any set to the blades either so you have two flat surfaces rubbing together instead of a curve creating a cutting point. This I've always believed is a basic principle for any scissor tool be they hairdressing scissors or garden shears. Maybe there's some cunning different set of rules for facial hair but normal scissors have always worked fine for me. I actually bought these because my ancient old pair got lost which was a shame because they completely outclassed this pair even though they were 40+ years old. Are companies incapable of making a decent pair of scissors nowadays or am I looking in the wrong places?

True Detective - Season 1 [DVD] [2014]
True Detective - Season 1 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Woody Harrelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless, 26 Dec. 2014
Powerful performances, terrific script writing, direction and soundtrack. This is without a doubt the best series to come from America for a long time if not the best ever and I am just totally bowled over by it.

Hydrea Long-Handled Professional Body Brush (Firm/Extra Firm Bristles)
Hydrea Long-Handled Professional Body Brush (Firm/Extra Firm Bristles)
Offered by homeshop3000

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Brush, 24 Dec. 2014
This is a good stiff bath brush and works a treat. The head detaches and has a strap on it for a secure grip. The thing I like best though is the handle. I'm 5 feet 11 and it's long enough to reach past my knees so there's minimal bending involved when using it.

Delivery was prompt

Result Active Winter Fleece Baseball Cap (One Size) (Black)
Result Active Winter Fleece Baseball Cap (One Size) (Black)
Offered by Texville

5.0 out of 5 stars Function Over Form, 24 Dec. 2014
This is a nice warm hat and is great for winter walking because unlike a beanie it has a brim which helps shield your eyes from the harsh winter sun. Stylish it ain't though but as I'm now officially an 'old boy' function wins out every time.

Delivery was prompt

Cvlife 1000 Lumens CREE XM-L T6 LED Zoom Lamp Light Zoomable Flashlight Torch With Free 2200mAh 18650 battery and charger
Offered by cvlife-uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning This Product Contains Flashing Images, 18 Dec. 2014
This is a very good torch for the money. It comes with a battery and charger and after a few charges it seems to hold the charge well. I'm not a 'torch guy' so I'm not measuring lumens etc but all I can say is it is more than bright enough for my purposes eg. general around the house, in my shed and garden, taking the dog out etc.. The focus is very good and is operated by a ring around the neck of the torch ranging from a tight focussed beam to a wide field of vision. Build quality seems ok, it feels heavy and solid, being securely held together with good tight screw threads.

My only complaint and its a biggy is the stupid seizure inducing flashing light functions which you have to scroll through when using the torch. There are no instructions as such so I don't know if you can circumvent them but In addition to full power there are for some reason two different flashing light modes. One is I think Morse code SOS and the other just flashes which could be for a bike though I think you could cause an accident using it for this. The other function seems to be a power saving low level light. Any of these modes can activate when you first switch on the torch so you usually have to press the switch a few times to get full power. There is also an orange tube which screws into the front giving you a short 'light sabre' which would no doubt come in handy for directing taxiing aircraft from your runway into your hangar. Or if your plane crashes you can signal SOS and be rescued. Hmm.

Good Ideas Long Handled Step Stool with Support Rail (692) Reach high places safely. Ideal for Caravan Steps
Offered by A&JBargains4U

5.0 out of 5 stars A Step Up, 8 Dec. 2014
This is sturdy and easy to assemble and perfect if you need a safe step up. I think it could be a bit of a high step for some people with mobility difficulties though so check you can manage the height first before you buy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15