Profile for Jaksenpollock > Reviews

Content by Jaksenpollock

Jaksenpollock

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Prof Angled Neck, Blowtorch, Windproof, Electronic, Refillable, Jet Lighter, Gas Turbo, Red, Blue, Green, Black,
Offered by Schmoking Hot Deals 4 U

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lighter, 28 July 2015
I've been using this to cut bottles and it's working very well. As a heat source it's much hotter than a candle but with care it's better because dunking the bottle in cold water works well eliminating the Need to use ice. In normal use it beats an ordinary lighter hands down in every respect and I highly recommend it.

Silverline 264949 Hook and Loop Triangle Sheets, 90 mm, Set of 10
Silverline 264949 Hook and Loop Triangle Sheets, 90 mm, Set of 10
Offered by Tool and Fix

2.0 out of 5 stars Fine on the Straight, Rubbish on the Corners, 27 July 2015
These are very cheap and that's really all they've got going for them because they do not last any length of time. If your only doing flat surfaces then they are not so bad but I have a big sander which is more effective for that. The great strength of the delta sander is its ability to get into corners and these pads wear out in seconds when you try. The better brand pads last longer, are more effective and the workshop isn't littered with used sanding pads when you use them.

Work Expert Garage Shed Magnetic Tool Holder Supplied in a Set of Three, Each Tool Holder Measures 18" in Length.
Offered by CLIFFORD JAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient Tool Storage, 26 July 2015
If your like me and like making stuff then you will have a number of tools you use the most which you prefer to be close at hand. These magnetic bars are ideal for this. Instead of using tools and then cluttering the bench it's simple to just stick them on the magnetic strips and there they stay ready for action. The magnets are very strong and easily hold all the tools shown in the ad. I am very impressed with these and would not be without them, they are pound for pound the most convenient and effective tool storage solution I have seen so far. I will be ordering another set soon.j

Adult PORK PIE Trilby Fedora Jute Hessian Hat Band Unisex (Breaking Bad Heisenberg Style) Brown L/XL
Offered by Urban Dealer

5.0 out of 5 stars Too Small so my Wife Claimed it, 24 July 2015
This is a very nice well made hat and I cannot fault the materials or the workmanship because for the money they are first rate, so 5 stars. The sizing info is another matter however because at the time of purchase it said large was up to 60cm. It is most definitely not because that is my hat size and this is too small. I think 59cm would be a push fit so I hope this helps.

I had long dreamed of having a pork pie hat but quickly realised on looking in the mirror with it forced down over my head that I didn't look like some cool jazz club dude as I had envisioned. Instead I looked like a complete plonker having gotten a few laughs from the people watching. I had to buy a pork pie hat to realise that I don't suit them at all so ho-hum. I didn't need to send it back though because it fitted my wife perfectly who loved it instantly and quickly made it belong to her. She's now wearing it and everyone is telling her how much she suits it. Grrrr.

Black Rubber Coney Lighter With Flame Lock, Windproof Lighter, Electronic Lighter, Refillable Lighter, Jet Lighter, Gas Lighter, Turbo Lighter, Blowtorch Lighter, Transparent Lighter, See Through Lighter, Clear Lighter,
Offered by AGOODBUYFROMME

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Lighter, 23 July 2015
Great lighter for lighting my blow torch and camp fires, it lights first time and the lock flame on facility is very handy when cutting bottles but you have to be careful not to forget about it and leave it burning. I can't say if it would catch fire or just run out of gas but I wouldn't like to put it to the test. The case is sturdy for what it is and I'm pleased with it. I've given it 5 stars for quality but I'd give one star for receiving it out of gas. I got it going after a walk to the shop to buy a refill can. Problem is I can never get these things filled factory full from one of these cans. Any top tips are welcome.

Arrived within time.

Disposable Syringe 10 pack -20ml
Disposable Syringe 10 pack -20ml
Offered by only the best deals 4u

5.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate Product Image, Read the Ad., 23 July 2015
I bought these for injecting resin and they work well for that even though at 20ml they're larger than I need. I'm not familiar with syringes so some sort of size guide would have been good in the product info but that's a big ask for this supplier. It's no loss though because they were cheap, I can still use them and now know to buy 10ml syringes next time.

The product image is not accurate and this seems to be normal practice for 'only the best deals 4u.' I've been caught out by this lot before, they seem to work on the premis that the stuffs so cheap folk can't be bothered to send it back. Luckily this time the ad told me what I was getting but if I'd noticed it was them I wouldn't have placed the order.

Irwin Blue Groove Drill Bit 6 Piece Set
Irwin Blue Groove Drill Bit 6 Piece Set
Offered by 1 Tool Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Drill Set, 23 July 2015
These bits are pretty cheap but they drill the holes quite cleanly and accurately to an acceptable standard. There is a good range of what I consider to be the more useful sizes and they come in a sturdy case. They only get three stars because the pilot screw at the tip is quite fierce and actually drags the drill through the wood. The consequence is that, straight out the box they are useless for counter boring and I will have to hone down the pilot screw to use them. I've had this problem with a few bits I've bought lately and it's a personal thing but I find the dragging effect to be a clumsy uncontrolled way to drill a hole.

Daewoo KOR6L77 Microwave Oven, 700 Watt, 20 Litre - White
Daewoo KOR6L77 Microwave Oven, 700 Watt, 20 Litre - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple To Use for the Gadget Averse, 14 July 2015
The world of electronic appliances is not set up for the less able in society. Working many new products is beyond a lot of elderly and infirm people and this affects their ability to be independent. My old mum is one of these and became unable to work her digital display, umpteen unnecessary pre-programme options, combi oven. This forced a rethink and the only simple to work option was to buy a separate microwave and an oven. This Daewoo is simplicity itself, it has a manual power setting and a timer and that's it. I was unable to find a microwave with just full power and defrost setting because the Daewoo has a number of largely unnecessary power settings for some reason which confuses things a bit. It's workable however and she's happy with it.
With all the current publicity in the UK concerning our increasing ageing population it's about time manufacturers took note and simplified there products to actually help folk rather than 'outclever' one another.

Double Phoenix Shaoxing Wine 640ml
Double Phoenix Shaoxing Wine 640ml
Offered by Starry Asian Market

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic Ingredient, 9 July 2015
Worked fine for the recipes I was doing. It is very sherry like though so I think given the strength of the other ingredients used in Chinese cookery eg soy sauce, root ginger, chilli etc sherry would be a viable substitute if shaoxing was not available. I think it would be hard to tell the difference for a lot of recipes.

AX Mens Coat Khaki Size 116Cm
AX Mens Coat Khaki Size 116Cm
Offered by Scotts Workwear Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Nippet, 1 July 2015
This review is from: AX Mens Lab Coat Khaki (Apparel)
Well made and robust dust coat but a tiny bit slimline for the fuller figure. If only getting a dust coat to fit was an incentive to drink less beer. I think much stronger motivators than that are probably required though.

I'm a 46" chest and a 36" waist by the way and you've got to be trimmer than I am for this to be comfortable wearing anything more than a t shirt underneath so order a slightly bigger size.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18