Profile for Jaksenpollock > Reviews

Hercules GSP38WB Wall Mountable Guitar Hanger - Wood Base
Hercules GSP38WB Wall Mountable Guitar Hanger - Wood Base
Offered by 1to1music

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe Hanger, 6 April 2015
For those of you not familiar with this type of hanger, the weight of the guitar when hung actuates 2 lugs which swivel up and lock the guitar in place. Lifting the guitar up will reverse the process and the guitar can be easily removed. A very effective and safe mechanism which will keep your baby safe from being knocked over. The hangar is mounted on a well finished hardwood mount which can be screwed to a vertical surface. The parts which touch the guitar are covered in a soft rubbery material to prevent abrasion. It's all very well made and sturdy.

10/10

Grow Your Secret Garden Cynara Cardunculus, Cardoon Seeds
Grow Your Secret Garden Cynara Cardunculus, Cardoon Seeds
Offered by AMB Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Reliable Seeds, 6 April 2015
Excellent quality 99% germination.

Einhell TE-DS 20 E 200W Detail Sander with Soft Start and Variable Speed
Einhell TE-DS 20 E 200W Detail Sander with Soft Start and Variable Speed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sander, 16 Mar. 2015
I've used this to strip back 6 old pine dining chairs among other things and it has exceeded my expectations. It doesn't vibrate the fillings out of your teeth and the edge of the sandpaper works right into the corners leaving them clean and ready for finishing. It really can go where no sander has gone before and has taken a great deal of the tedium out of many furniture finishing operations. This is a great tool for the money and I highly recommend it. The only bit of advice I would give is with regard to sanding sheets. I bought lots of cheap ones with the sander and they've proved a bit of a false economy. They just don't last any time compared to the better quality makes especially if you're using the edges in corners. Avoid the cheapest if possible. Also 180 grit is proving relatively difficult (not impossible)to get which is a problem because it's a pretty well used grit size by me.

Delivery was on time.

Estwing E20c Curved Claw Hammer - Leather Grip 20oz
Estwing E20c Curved Claw Hammer - Leather Grip 20oz

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Finish, 22 Feb. 2015
I've been an amateur joiner for 30+ years and I've been using a Draper claw hammer I bought 30+ years ago. It worked perfectly well but I always promised my self that some day I'd treat myself to an Estwing. That time is now here and what a beautiful piece of work it is. When I first got it I was so impressed with the finish that I was loathe to use it in case it got scratched. Fortunately this soon passed and I've been hammering away merrily, finding excuses to hammer nails into everything. I Don't know if it's psychological but it feels so much surer and efficient than my old hammer. Since the introduction of battery guns screws seem to have replaced nails as the most widely used fixings now but I'm still very happy with my Estwing, even though I know at my age it'll carry on long after Ive ceased to be able to swing it.

DIGIFLEX Portable Home Wall / Desk LCD Display Indoor Outdoor Thermometer Hygrometer with 2 Sensors
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Electronic Thermometer, 2 Feb. 2015
This is a very nice gadget for the money. It can be set by the flick of a switch to either Centigrade or Fahrenheit and gives max/min temperatures for outside and in. The outside reading is achieved using a small sensor which is attached to a good length of wire and placed outside. The whole thing is very easy to set up and use and I'm very pleased with it. The only fault I've noticed is that there is a variance of 0.3 of a degree between the outside sensor and the unit when both are in the same room, but hey, I can live with that. There's a humidity reading at the bottom of the display and I can't think why I would want to measure humidity in the UK but I'll look into it. It may be useful, who knows. All the numbers are clear and large enough to easily see from 8 feet away.

Highly recommended.

TePe Interdental Brushes 0.8mm Green - 4 Packets of 8 (32 Brushes)
TePe Interdental Brushes 0.8mm Green - 4 Packets of 8 (32 Brushes)
Offered by Acorn solution

5.0 out of 5 stars Tepe Brushes, 2 Feb. 2015
My Dental Hygeinist recommends these and they really are the business for stopping buildup between your teeth. There are diferrent thicknesses availlable so get the size which is right for you.

I've searched a few places and this is the most economical way to buy them.

Delivery was prompt.

Red Dragon Strata 19 Piece Darts Set + FREE Red Dragon Checkout Card
Red Dragon Strata 19 Piece Darts Set + FREE Red Dragon Checkout Card
Offered by Red Dragon Darts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 2 Feb. 2015
These are good cheap darts and are perfect for general chucking at the board especially if you don't want to hand over your good darts to folk who won't take care of them.

Unicorn Pro Flight Protectors
Unicorn Pro Flight Protectors
Offered by Double Top Dart Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Dart Bling, 2 Feb. 2015
These don't serve any real purpose apart from making your darts look pretty neat but I like them. They're a bit fiddly to fit but go on tightly and don't come off during play. Use them with a nice set of tungstens, fitted with alloy stems and flights of your choice and your darts will look pretty swish.

Wow Stuff Science Museum Famous Drinking Bird
Wow Stuff Science Museum Famous Drinking Bird

5.0 out of 5 stars Batteries Not Required, 2 Feb. 2015
One of the great things about having grandkids is buying toys you've always wanted. I bought this for them of course as an educational aid, to teach them some physics etc.. To that end I've insisted it stays with me and doesn't go home with them, just in the interests of fairness you understand. It's also got chemicals in it so entirely for safety reasons I have to keep it from them.

This is a great bit of physics in action, it constantly moves and is powered by water evaporating. It goes for ages, all you do is give it a glass of water at the right height for it to drink and it bobs up and down until the water evaporates and it can't reach it. I never get tired of stuff like this which is more than can be said for the kids. They've moved on to the next thing as expected, having totally dismissed the Drinking Bird from their lives. Not me though I think it's good for a wee while yet.

I think they need to see a miniature working steam engine next.

Delivery was prompt.

Safety Baseball Cap Bump Cap Black
Safety Baseball Cap Bump Cap Black
Offered by Toppers Work Wear

4.0 out of 5 stars Better Than the Pain, 2 Feb. 2015
If you have a head covered in luxurious thick flowing locks then this just might be comfy to wear. Unfortunately for me I'm a baldy and this is not at all comfy. It does the job though and a bit of discomforts better than a split head so I'm wearing it.

Arrived within a couple of days of ordering

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16