Profile for Jaksenpollock > Reviews

Content by Jaksenpollock

Jaksenpollock

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Blue Spot 22441 Centre Punch Set (3 Pieces)
Blue Spot 22441 Centre Punch Set (3 Pieces)
Offered by PVR Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to Lose, 21 Aug 2014
OK it's easy to make your own centre punches but at this price it's not worth the bother. For the money this is a very useful and effective set which I've used on mild steel and soft metals and they do the job. I haven't yet tried them on tougher high carbon steel so cannot comment on how they would stand up to that. The great thing about them for me is the coloured plastic bodies because they are easy to spot on a cluttered bench. It helps prevent the 'can't see them for looking at them' scenario I seem to experience with punches and scribers when constructing my latest masterpiece.

Delivery was on time.

Stanley 0-47-312 FatMax Fine Tip Marker (Pack of 2) - Black
Stanley 0-47-312 FatMax Fine Tip Marker (Pack of 2) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Thin Black Line, 2 Aug 2014
Good fine line, ideal for marking out if using a grinder with a cutting wheel because it remains visible when cutting. It seems pretty hard wearing so far and I'm very pleased with it.

Delivery was quick

2pc Steel Rule Set, P5170
2pc Steel Rule Set, P5170
Offered by UKDeals Direct Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars The Most Hacked Off You Can Get For £1.94, 25 July 2014
This review is from: 2pc Steel Rule Set, P5170 (Misc.)
The rules I received are not the ones in the picture. The top face has metric on one side,imperial on the other with the underside stamped with conversion tables. These rules are virtually useless to me, the conversions are irrelevant to my needs and because the graduations are all on the one side the rules cannot be used left and right hand. A total waste of time which at £1.94 are not worth the bother of sending back. Companies should ensure that the picture matches the product though regardless of how cheap it is.

I'm kitting out a workshop just now and am in the process of buying a lot of bits and pieces. I will make sure not to buy anything else from "only the best deals 4u" and will give these rules to the grand kids to draw with.

Panasonic KX-TG6712EB DECT Phone
Panasonic KX-TG6712EB DECT Phone
Offered by AP Motor Store

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy, 25 July 2014
These lasted about a year. One stopped charging the batteries, fitting new ones made no difference. The others screen stopped working shortly after so I can't see who's calling to filter out junk calls.

Cheap rubbish and by far the worst Panasonic product I've owned.

Bosch 1.1mm Saw Chain for AKE 40/AKE 40-17S / AKE 40-18S / AKE 40-19S Chainsaws
Bosch 1.1mm Saw Chain for AKE 40/AKE 40-17S / AKE 40-18S / AKE 40-19S Chainsaws

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Chain, 25 July 2014
I have a Bosch electric chainsaw for cutting logs in my garden because it's not as noisy as my petrol saws so it doesn't give the neighbours so much grief. I use it frequently because I cut enough logs to last the winter and this chain has been on the saw for well over a year. I also use it to rough out trunks for carving which involves a lot of cutting along the grain.It has cut mainly hardwoods, mostly Beech and Ash with the occasional bits of Birch and Lime thrown in. It has also cut a variety of softwoods mainly Scotch Pine and Douglas Fir.

The chain has performed well having required minimal sharpening and I am very pleased with it. Surprisingly it's no dearer than other chains even though it has the Bosch name on it. This in itself is normally good for hiking another tenner on the price.

Highly recommended.

Portal 2: Platinum (PS3)
Portal 2: Platinum (PS3)
Offered by Gamesbuyer

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 25 July 2014
I played and really enjoyed the original and was really looking forward to playing this. I progressed I think more than half way through and got bored with it so I left it unfinished.

I know this is contrary to the other reviews here but for me it failed in a number of ways. Portal 1 was fresh and original and encouraged you to think out the box which for me was its appeal. This version is in essence just more of the same although the scenarios and some of the functions are different. One game is enough.

I really wanted to like this but was left disappointed.

10 x Anti-Glare (Matte) Screen Protectors Cover Film For Apple iPhone 4 4S + Cloth
Offered by Dragon Claw (15-25 shipping days)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bubble Trouble, 25 July 2014
Very effective screen protectors which are surely in the 'must have' category if you have a smart phone. The phone screen would be so scratched within a month I would be unable to read it without these.

I managed to get the fitting right after the 3rd attempt getting it bubble free, so managed to waste the first 2 but at this price it's no loss. I think I should have bought two packs though instead of just one.

Delivery was very quick.

AK9752 Carbide Tipped Scriber
AK9752 Carbide Tipped Scriber
Offered by AP Motor Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Up To Scratch (almost), 25 July 2014
This is a very capable scriber that works very well because being carbide tipped it marks materials which a hardened carbon steel one couldn't touch. It only gets 3 stars because it's just too stubby at the end being more like a fine centre punch. I prefer a scriber to be tapered to a more narrow point than this for precision marking. It's also a bit top heavy and not very well balanced.

I would however give it 5 stars for price because it is very cheap and if your anything like me you just can't have enough scribers because you keep losing the #***** things.

Juppa ® Sand Storm Hard Back Case with Rubber Rim for Apple Iphone 4 4S - Black
Juppa ® Sand Storm Hard Back Case with Rubber Rim for Apple Iphone 4 4S - Black
Offered by Invero

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Protection, 25 July 2014
I've had this for about 4 weeks now and it seems ok. It protects the phone effectively, looks pretty neat and I think it is well worth the small price I paid for it - £6.99

My two minor quibbles which stop it from getting 5 stars are:

1) The lip on the face could be deeper. This would provide a wee bit extra protection from stones etc.. should the phone fall face down.

2) A pack of screen protectors could be included; they are required and I would have produced the extra quid to save on a separate purchase.

The case arrived well within the estimated time.

Dial Sliding Scale Vernier Caliper 0-150mm w Red Plastic Case
Dial Sliding Scale Vernier Caliper 0-150mm w Red Plastic Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Measures Up, 24 July 2014
As a measuring instrument a dial vernier takes some beating for versatility. You have the ability to measure your workpiece dimensions on the inside eg hole diameters, outside eg outside diameter and for depth using the little sliding bar on the end. I find it very handy for measuring drill sizes because my eyesight isn't what it used to be and it saves trying to read the stamp on the drill shank.

If I was still a practicing engineer and using a vernier constantly for precision work I would no doubt have a quality make like the imperial vernier I've had for many years. Today for my needs however this one fits the bill perfectly. For the money I think this is excellent value, ok it doesn't have as smooth an action as my Mitutoyo but it is just as accurate for my needs and I highly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13