Profile for Jaksenpollock > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Fatal Boarding
Fatal Boarding

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly Enjoyable, 16 Nov 2014
This review is from: Fatal Boarding (Kindle Edition)
There are quite a few typos and spelling mistakes in this so if that bothers you then it may not be for you. The story proceeds with good pace and is quite engaging at times. It read like an episode from a sci-fi series so it isn't exactly hard science fiction or a demanding read but I quite enjoyed it nevertheless. Oh! And it's free as well.

Faithfull Hickory Carp Adze Handle 36In
Faithfull Hickory Carp Adze Handle 36In

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Fit, 14 Nov 2014
This did not fit my old adze so was no use to me. The lack of dimensions in the advert fooled me into thinking adzes were a standard eye size. This was foolish wishful thinking on my part and I will have to make one specially. The handle itself was well made and finished if only it had fitted.

100g Chromium oxide-Straight Razor strop paste! pigment
100g Chromium oxide-Straight Razor strop paste! pigment
Offered by Minerals water

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a Treat, 14 Nov 2014
I made myself a strop with a piece of leather stuck to a piece of MDF, mixed this with water and painted it on. My knives were already sharp but using this took them to a whole new level ie razor sharp.

Great stuff.

Nikwax Tech Wash/Tx. Direct Twin Pack Clean/Proof Value Pack - 300ml
Nikwax Tech Wash/Tx. Direct Twin Pack Clean/Proof Value Pack - 300ml
Offered by MTW DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Paramo Gear, 14 Nov 2014
I've tried a couple of diferrent products and the Nikwax is in my opinion the best for my Paramo gear. It's the only proofer I will use now.

Bosch Sanding Belts for Black and Decker Powerfile (13mm width / 120 Grit / 3 Pieces / Metal / Part Number 2609256242)

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Expensive, 13 Nov 2014
These belts are relatively hard wearing and do a first class job. Trouble is they are just too expensive, working out at over £2 per belt. Powerfile belts don't last long (not with me anyhow) and at this price it becomes a very expensive power tool to use.

Performance is 5 star but price puts it in the 3 star category so if cost is not an issue then these are the best belts I've used and the ones to get. Overall though the cheaper belts are more cost effective even though you use more of them.

Ronseal OCBBP250 One Coat Blackboard Paint 250ml
Ronseal OCBBP250 One Coat Blackboard Paint 250ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth a Try, 7 Nov 2014
I made a cupboard in my workshop with a one piece plywood door so I could turn it into a blackboard to sketch designs etc... The door was 900mm x 1100mm and this 250ml pot was good for 2 coats with more than enough left for a third. The one coat would have done but because I had extra I thought I might as well give it another for good measure.

When I have to repaint I'm going to give it a good sand with fine sand paper because it's proving a bit hard to clean as is because the surface is so rough.

Another one chalked down (if you'll pardon the pun) to experience. Good product though and I would definitely buy it again.

Walking the Amazon: 860 Days. The Impossible Task. The Incredible Journey
Walking the Amazon: 860 Days. The Impossible Task. The Incredible Journey

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fair Dander, 7 Nov 2014
I found this book very hard to put down when I started reading it. Eds trek along the Amazon has to be one of the great feats of human endurance both physically and mentally. The book describes the hardships, the uncertainties and the frustrations which came with this huge undertaking but overriding all that, described the joy and the great sense of achievement which came with it.

I have become a big fan of Eds exploits, he has taken the survival medium to a new level. He manages to do this with humility and respect and comes across as a very likeable character. In a world where we are bombarded with survival programmes carefully scripted and presented by ex special forces 'he men' Ed Stafford manages to show them all the way, without ever looking like he's showing off.

What a guy.

Mechanical Engineering Precision Tools Engineers Scriber 200mm Double-ended, hardened steel engineers scriber. Knurled and blackened grip.
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 31 Oct 2014
This is a very good scriber for the money and has worked fine on the mild steel and soft metals I have used it on. Its well balanced and has a good grip which is also a fluorescent blue making it relatively easy to find on a cluttered bench.

Kenwood JE290 Citrus Press Juic Extractor
Kenwood JE290 Citrus Press Juic Extractor
Offered by Ukdapper

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Juicer I've Had, 21 Oct 2014
Ive been making my own orange juice for a long time and this is the fourth juicer of this type I've owned, the previous three costing around £13. This Kenwood is a bit more expensive but it certainly looks and feels of higher quality. It is a robust powerful squeezer which performs very well. It strips out the Orange leaving nothing behind with any pith and large pieces being caught in the strainer which still lets the smaller bits through. If you have grand kids like me whose refrain is 'I don't like juice with bits in' then you need to pass it through a sieve for them. I am confident though that with the proper training they will some day take their place in society drinking juice with bits in just like normal people.

The two things I like best about the Kenwood is that it comes minus the silly reversing mechanism that my other juicers have had which activated automatically when the mechanism was under pressure. This is the function that failed in all the previous models necessitating replacement. The Kenwood reverses when you release the pressure which allows you to use more force on the Orange because it doesn't continually spin the other way if you press too hard. The other is that the juice is caught in a jug. The broken one I've just thrown out had a spout at the side and you had to place a glass under it for filling. Sometimes the juicer would move during use, leaving the glass behind and the juice would run over the worktop. The jug in the Kenwood is a far superior less messy and less wasteful system.

Buying oranges for eating is hit and miss, mostly miss in my opinion, but 99% of oranges will make very drinkable juice which beats hands down anything you can get from a supermarket. So if you want a delicious healthy, natural source of fibre buy this and have a couple of freshly squeezed oranges every morning. I promise you after a few days you'll feel the benefit.

Lipzor Light Device for Coldsores
Lipzor Light Device for Coldsores
Offered by Thehealthcounter

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works, 7 Oct 2014
I bought this for my wife who has tried all sorts of remedies for cold sores. She says that it definitely makes a difference and uses it as part of her cold sore remedies. She tells me it must be used at the first indication of a cold sore developing. She still uses Zovirax as part of the treatment.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14