Profile for Jaksenpollock > Reviews

100+Rare Rainbow Rose Flower Seeds Your Lover Multi-color Plants Home Garden
100+Rare Rainbow Rose Flower Seeds Your Lover Multi-color Plants Home Garden
Offered by Hotportgift

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Misleading, 27 May 2015
I came upon these when browsing Amazon for plants and it's a bit of a con. Rainbow roses are cut white roses which have had their stems split into sections with each section dipped into a different coloured food dye solution. The rose is left for a few days to suck up the colour and this colours the petals. Having read this ad it looks like they're saying the roses grow like this naturally. I read about this multi colouring technique a few years ago and anyone can apparently do it, no special seeds required. You will never get them like the picture though.

This is a complete waste of your time and hard earned cash, pass it by.

Highlander 30" Rope Handle Tool Bag - Heavyweight Canvas
Highlander 30" Rope Handle Tool Bag - Heavyweight Canvas
Offered by military and outdoor

5.0 out of 5 stars Zipper Not Included, 24 May 2015
This is a rugged well made bag which is an ideal length for carrying long tools like pry bars and panel saws and is great for in the back of my pickup truck because it doesn't slide around like a toolbox does. It's made of very durable canvas like material and reminds me a bit of my grandads pit haversack that he used daily down t'pit for many years with me using it as a fishing bag for many after that. If this bag proves half as durable I'll be happy. I don't imagine it's at all waterproof though so don't leave it in a damp place or you'll get rusty tools.

I've read other reviewers who would have liked a zip and I must admit I half expected there to be one when I first opened it up. I've had similar smaller bags like this in the past though and the zips just haven't lasted any length of time. It's held together with 3 strong buckled straps and personally I think the bags better zipless.

Just Seed Flower - Soapwort - Saponaria ocymoides - 400 Seed
Just Seed Flower - Soapwort - Saponaria ocymoides - 400 Seed
Offered by Just Seed UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable Seeds, 14 May 2015
Germinated very quickly at 20 degrees C in a heated propogator. I've always bought this beautiful plant pot grown and they only survive about 3 - 4 years with me so now that I know how easily they grow from seed I will have a steady supply.

Delivery time was as stated

Barcraft Wall Mounted Crown Top Bottle Opener- boxed
Barcraft Wall Mounted Crown Top Bottle Opener- boxed

5.0 out of 5 stars Shiney, 12 May 2015
It only does one thing, it opens bottles and it's very good at it. It's a bit shiney though so if your looking for an authentic scuffed bar look then this is not for you.

Halo: Silentium: Book Three of the Forerunner Trilogy
Halo: Silentium: Book Three of the Forerunner Trilogy

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Hard to 'Bear', 2 May 2015
I didn't want to give this one star because I like Greg Bear but I'm afraid to say he sorely missed the mark here. I got so bored reading this that I didn't even finish it and this is very unusual for me. I only played Halo 1 and 2 and loved them dearly but unfortunately took the PS3 route being unaware at the time that subsequent games were only available on Xbox. Maybe if I'd played these then this would have added a missing dimension to the books. The first two books, Cryptum and Primordium were ok the former being the best but here the story and character development was just too slow.

Sorry Greg.

Hercules GSP38WB Wall Mountable Guitar Hanger - Wood Base
Hercules GSP38WB Wall Mountable Guitar Hanger - Wood Base
Offered by 1to1music

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe Hanger, 6 April 2015
For those of you not familiar with this type of hanger, the weight of the guitar when hung actuates 2 lugs which swivel up and lock the guitar in place. Lifting the guitar up will reverse the process and the guitar can be easily removed. A very effective and safe mechanism which will keep your baby safe from being knocked over. The hangar is mounted on a well finished hardwood mount which can be screwed to a vertical surface. The parts which touch the guitar are covered in a soft rubbery material to prevent abrasion. It's all very well made and sturdy.

10/10

Grow Your Secret Garden Cynara Cardunculus, Cardoon Seeds
Grow Your Secret Garden Cynara Cardunculus, Cardoon Seeds
Offered by AMB Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Reliable Seeds, 6 April 2015
Excellent quality 99% germination.

Einhell TE-DS 20 E 200W Detail Sander with Soft Start and Variable Speed
Einhell TE-DS 20 E 200W Detail Sander with Soft Start and Variable Speed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sander, 16 Mar. 2015
I've used this to strip back 6 old pine dining chairs among other things and it has exceeded my expectations. It doesn't vibrate the fillings out of your teeth and the edge of the sandpaper works right into the corners leaving them clean and ready for finishing. It really can go where no sander has gone before and has taken a great deal of the tedium out of many furniture finishing operations. This is a great tool for the money and I highly recommend it. The only bit of advice I would give is with regard to sanding sheets. I bought lots of cheap ones with the sander and they've proved a bit of a false economy. They just don't last any time compared to the better quality makes especially if you're using the edges in corners. Avoid the cheapest if possible. Also 180 grit is proving relatively difficult (not impossible)to get which is a problem because it's a pretty well used grit size by me.

Delivery was on time.

Estwing E20c Curved Claw Hammer - Leather Grip 20oz
Estwing E20c Curved Claw Hammer - Leather Grip 20oz

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Finish, 22 Feb. 2015
I've been an amateur joiner for 30+ years and I've been using a Draper claw hammer I bought 30+ years ago. It worked perfectly well but I always promised my self that some day I'd treat myself to an Estwing. That time is now here and what a beautiful piece of work it is. When I first got it I was so impressed with the finish that I was loathe to use it in case it got scratched. Fortunately this soon passed and I've been hammering away merrily, finding excuses to hammer nails into everything. I Don't know if it's psychological but it feels so much surer and efficient than my old hammer. Since the introduction of battery guns screws seem to have replaced nails as the most widely used fixings now but I'm still very happy with my Estwing, even though I know at my age it'll carry on long after Ive ceased to be able to swing it.

DIGIFLEX Portable Home Wall / Desk LCD Display Indoor Outdoor Thermometer Hygrometer with 2 Sensors
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Electronic Thermometer, 2 Feb. 2015
This is a very nice gadget for the money. It can be set by the flick of a switch to either Centigrade or Fahrenheit and gives max/min temperatures for outside and in. The outside reading is achieved using a small sensor which is attached to a good length of wire and placed outside. The whole thing is very easy to set up and use and I'm very pleased with it. The only fault I've noticed is that there is a variance of 0.3 of a degree between the outside sensor and the unit when both are in the same room, but hey, I can live with that. There's a humidity reading at the bottom of the display and I can't think why I would want to measure humidity in the UK but I'll look into it. It may be useful, who knows. All the numbers are clear and large enough to easily see from 8 feet away.

Highly recommended.