Profile for Jaksenpollock > Reviews

Kenwood JE290 Citrus Press Juic Extractor
Kenwood JE290 Citrus Press Juic Extractor
Offered by Ukdapper

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Juicer I've Had, 21 Oct 2014
Ive been making my own orange juice for a long time and this is the fourth juicer of this type I've owned, the previous three costing around £13. This Kenwood is a bit more expensive but it certainly looks and feels of higher quality. It is a robust powerful squeezer which performs competently. It strips out the Orange leaving nothing behind with any pith and large pieces being caught in the strainer which lets the smaller bits through. If you have grand kids like me who 'don't like bits' then you need to pass it through a sieve. I am confident though that I will train them eventually.

The two things I like the best is that it comes minus the silly reversing mechanism which my other juicers have had which actuated when the mechanism was under pressure. This is the function that failed in all the previous models necessitating replacement and I have never seen the need for it. The other is that the juice is caught in a jug. The broken one I've just thrown out had a spout at the side and you had to place a glass under it for filling. Sometimes the juicer would move during use, leaving the glass behind and the juice would run over the worktop. The jug in the Kenwood is a far superior less messy and less wasteful system.

Buying oranges for eating is hit and miss, mostly miss in my opinion but 99% of oranges will make drinkable juice which beats hands down anything you can get from a supermarket. So if you want a delicious healthy, natural source of fibre buy this and have a couple of freshly squeezed oranges every morning. I promise you after a few days you'll feel the benefit.

Lipzor Light Device for Coldsores
Lipzor Light Device for Coldsores
Offered by Activecare Online

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works, 7 Oct 2014
I bought this for my wife who has tried all sorts of remedies for cold sores. She says that it definitely makes a difference and uses it as part of her cold sore remedies. She tells me it must be used at the first indication of a cold sore developing. She still uses Zovirax as part of the treatment.

STOVAX THERMOLAC PAINT MATT BLACK FOR STOVE FIRE GRATE BBQ FLUE RADIATORS
STOVAX THERMOLAC PAINT MATT BLACK FOR STOVE FIRE GRATE BBQ FLUE RADIATORS
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket

5.0 out of 5 stars Grate Paint, 7 Oct 2014
I painted the cast iron front grate on my coal fire with this. It goes on smoothly and dries quite quickly leaving a nice finish. Black it is not though, it dries to a dark grey colour which in itself is pretty nice and I am very pleased with it. I have had half a dozen log fires so far and so far it has kept its look. It's only October so I haven't needed to burn any coal yet which will be the real test of durability. I'll add a bit to the review when I've done this but compared to other paints Ive used this is standing up very well.

Delivery was prompt

Chateau du Breuil Fine Fine Calvados
Chateau du Breuil Fine Fine Calvados
Offered by DrinkSupermarket

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a Go, 1 Oct 2014
I'm a malt whisky drinker but bought this to try because I fancied a change. This is the 3rd calvados I've tried and I really like it. It's a different drinking experience altogether from malt but still hits the spot. The bouquet is as you would expect of apples and it ihas a subtle Apple flavour swiftly followed by the alcohol kick. I took it to a weekend away with my pals who are all malt drinkers and it went down very well. In fact it vanished rather too quickly for my liking. We all agreed that it will never replace malt but it is still very enjoyable.

My quibble is not with the calvados its with the price. When I bought it it was approx £25 with £5 delivery. It's now approx £30 with free delivery. I know free delivery is to be charitable a 'play on words' but I still find it annoying. There are more honestly worded suppliers on Amazon and even though it's a few pence more Ill be buying from them just as a matter of principle. Griping done this calvados is well worth a go.

LLOYTRON Hobby Desk Lamp Adjustable 40W Reach 350mm H560mm Black Ref L946BH
LLOYTRON Hobby Desk Lamp Adjustable 40W Reach 350mm H560mm Black Ref L946BH
Offered by Strictly Lamps

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Value, 25 Sep 2014
In my opinion this little lamp is a fantastic buy for the money. It's well made and finished, looks good and is more than bright enough for me to read by. I'm thinking of getting another for my work bench.

It requires a screw in bulb (small diameter) which is not supplied in case your wondering which one of the myriad different bulb fittings fits.

Delivery was on time

Blue Spot 22441 Centre Punch Set (3 Pieces)
Blue Spot 22441 Centre Punch Set (3 Pieces)
Offered by memorycapital

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to Lose, 21 Aug 2014
OK it's easy to make your own centre punches but at this price it's not worth the bother. For the money this is a very useful and effective set which I've used on mild steel and soft metals and they do the job. I haven't yet tried them on tougher high carbon steel so cannot comment on how they would stand up to that. The great thing about them for me is the coloured plastic bodies because they are easy to spot on a cluttered bench. It helps prevent the 'can't see them for looking at them' scenario I seem to experience with punches and scribers when constructing my latest masterpiece.

Delivery was on time.

Stanley 0-47-312 FatMax Fine Tip Marker (Pack of 2) - Black
Stanley 0-47-312 FatMax Fine Tip Marker (Pack of 2) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Thin Black Line, 2 Aug 2014
Good fine line, ideal for marking out if using a grinder with a cutting wheel because it remains visible when cutting. It seems pretty hard wearing so far and I'm very pleased with it.

Delivery was quick

2pc Steel Rule Set, P5170
2pc Steel Rule Set, P5170
Offered by tooltime uk ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars The Most Hacked Off You Can Get For £1.94, 25 July 2014
This review is from: 2pc Steel Rule Set, P5170 (Misc.)
The rules I received are not the ones in the picture. The top face has metric on one side,imperial on the other with the underside stamped with conversion tables. These rules are virtually useless to me, the conversions are irrelevant to my needs and because the graduations are all on the one side the rules cannot be used left and right hand. A total waste of time which at £1.94 are not worth the bother of sending back. Companies should ensure that the picture matches the product though regardless of how cheap it is.

I'm kitting out a workshop just now and am in the process of buying a lot of bits and pieces. I will make sure not to buy anything else from "only the best deals 4u" and will give these rules to the grand kids to draw with.

Panasonic KX-TG6712EB DECT Phone
Panasonic KX-TG6712EB DECT Phone
Offered by Gigaworld

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy, 25 July 2014
These lasted about a year. One stopped charging the batteries, fitting new ones made no difference. The others screen stopped working shortly after so I can't see who's calling to filter out junk calls.

Cheap rubbish and by far the worst Panasonic product I've owned.

Bosch 1.1mm Saw Chain for AKE 40/AKE 40-17S / AKE 40-18S / AKE 40-19S Chainsaws
Bosch 1.1mm Saw Chain for AKE 40/AKE 40-17S / AKE 40-18S / AKE 40-19S Chainsaws

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Chain, 25 July 2014
I have a Bosch electric chainsaw for cutting logs in my garden because it's not as noisy as my petrol saws so it doesn't give the neighbours so much grief. I use it frequently because I cut enough logs to last the winter and this chain has been on the saw for well over a year. I also use it to rough out trunks for carving which involves a lot of cutting along the grain.It has cut mainly hardwoods, mostly Beech and Ash with the occasional bits of Birch and Lime thrown in. It has also cut a variety of softwoods mainly Scotch Pine and Douglas Fir.

The chain has performed well having required minimal sharpening and I am very pleased with it. Surprisingly it's no dearer than other chains even though it has the Bosch name on it. This in itself is normally good for hiking another tenner on the price.

Highly recommended.