Profile for Jaksenpollock > Reviews

Content by Jaksenpollock

Jaksenpollock

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Cvlife 1000 Lumens CREE XM-L T6 LED Zoom Lamp Light Zoomable Flashlight Torch With Free 2200mAh 18650 battery and charger
Offered by cvlife-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Warning This Product Contains Flashing Images, 18 Dec 2014
This is a very good torch for the money. It comes with a battery and charger and after a few charges it seems to hold the charge well. I'm not a 'torch guy' so I'm not measuring lumens etc but all I can say is it is more than bright enough for my purposes eg. general around the house, in my shed and garden, taking the dog out etc.. The focus is very good and is operated by a ring around the neck of the torch ranging from a tight focussed beam to a wide field of vision. Build quality seems ok, it feels heavy and solid, being securely held together with good tight screw threads.

My only complaint is the stupid seizure inducing flashing light functions which you have to scroll through when using the torch. There are no instructions as such so I don't know if you can circumvent them. In addition to full power there are two different flashing light modes for some reason and a power saving low level light so you have to press the switch a few times to get full power. There is also an orange tube which screws into the front giving you a short 'light sabre' which would no doubt come in handy for directing taxiing aircraft from your runway into your hangar. Hmm.

Good Ideas Long Handled Step Stool with Support Rail (692) Reach high places safely. Ideal for Caravan Steps
Offered by Good Ideas

5.0 out of 5 stars A Step Up, 8 Dec 2014
This is sturdy and easy to assemble and perfect if you need a safe step up. I think it could be a bit of a high step for some people with mobility difficulties though so check you can manage the height first before you buy.

Fatal Boarding
Fatal Boarding

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly Enjoyable, 16 Nov 2014
This review is from: Fatal Boarding (Kindle Edition)
There are quite a few typos and spelling mistakes in this so if that bothers you then it may not be for you. The story proceeds with good pace and is quite engaging at times. It read like an episode from a sci-fi series so it isn't exactly hard science fiction or a demanding read but I quite enjoyed it nevertheless. Oh! And it's free as well.

Faithfull Hickory Carp Adze Handle 36In
Faithfull Hickory Carp Adze Handle 36In

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Fit, 14 Nov 2014
This did not fit my old adze so was no use to me. The lack of dimensions in the advert fooled me into thinking adzes were a standard eye size. This was foolish wishful thinking on my part and I will have to make one specially. The handle itself was well made and finished if only it had fitted.

100g Chromium oxide-Straight Razor strop paste! pigment
100g Chromium oxide-Straight Razor strop paste! pigment

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a Treat, 14 Nov 2014
I made myself a strop with a piece of leather stuck to a piece of MDF, mixed this with water and painted it on. My knives were already sharp but using this took them to a whole new level ie razor sharp.

Great stuff.

Nikwax Tech Wash/Tx. Direct Twin Pack Clean/Proof Value Pack - 300ml
Nikwax Tech Wash/Tx. Direct Twin Pack Clean/Proof Value Pack - 300ml
Offered by AB hats-accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Paramo Gear, 14 Nov 2014
I've tried a couple of diferrent products and the Nikwax is in my opinion the best for my Paramo gear. It's the only proofer I will use now.

Bosch Sanding Belts for Black and Decker Powerfile (13mm width / 120 Grit / 3 Pieces / Metal / Part Number 2609256242)

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Expensive, 13 Nov 2014
These belts are relatively hard wearing and do a first class job. Trouble is they are just too expensive, working out at over £2 per belt. Powerfile belts don't last long (not with me anyhow) and at this price it becomes a very expensive power tool to use.

Performance is 5 star but price puts it in the 3 star category so if cost is not an issue then these are the best belts I've used and the ones to get. Overall though the cheaper belts are more cost effective even though you use more of them.

Ronseal OCBBP250 One Coat Blackboard Paint 250ml
Ronseal OCBBP250 One Coat Blackboard Paint 250ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth a Try, 7 Nov 2014
I made a cupboard in my workshop with a one piece plywood door so I could turn it into a blackboard to sketch designs etc... The door was 900mm x 1100mm and this 250ml pot was good for 2 coats with more than enough left for a third. The one coat would have done but because I had extra I thought I might as well give it another for good measure.

When I have to repaint I'm going to give it a good sand with fine sand paper because it's proving a bit hard to clean as is because the surface is so rough.

Another one chalked down (if you'll pardon the pun) to experience. Good product though and I would definitely buy it again.

Walking the Amazon: 860 Days. The Impossible Task. The Incredible Journey
Walking the Amazon: 860 Days. The Impossible Task. The Incredible Journey

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fair Dander, 7 Nov 2014
I found this book very hard to put down when I started reading it. Eds trek along the Amazon has to be one of the great feats of human endurance both physically and mentally. The book describes the hardships, the uncertainties and the frustrations which came with this huge undertaking but overriding all that, described the joy and the great sense of achievement which came with it.

I have become a big fan of Eds exploits, he has taken the survival medium to a new level. He manages to do this with humility and respect and comes across as a very likeable character. In a world where we are bombarded with survival programmes carefully scripted and presented by ex special forces 'he men' Ed Stafford manages to show them all the way, without ever looking like he's showing off.

What a guy.

Mechanical Engineering Precision Tools Engineers Scriber 200mm Double-ended, hardened steel engineers scriber. Knurled and blackened grip.
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 31 Oct 2014
This is a very good scriber for the money and has worked fine on the mild steel and soft metals I have used it on. Its well balanced and has a good grip which is also a fluorescent blue making it relatively easy to find on a cluttered bench.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14