Profile for Jaksenpollock > Reviews

125mm/5 inch Jenny (Odd Leg / Hermaphrodite) Calipers - Moore and Wright
125mm/5 inch Jenny (Odd Leg / Hermaphrodite) Calipers - Moore and Wright
Offered by PVR Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Tools to Last a Lifetime, 26 Jan. 2016
I've used these on 304 stainless and carbon steel gauge plate so far and they're just what you would expect from Moore and Wright. Top drawer.

The Life of Brian / Monty Python and the Holy Grail Double Pack [DVD] [1974]
The Life of Brian / Monty Python and the Holy Grail Double Pack [DVD] [1974]
Dvd ~ Graham Chapman

5.0 out of 5 stars A Snip at the Price, 26 Jan. 2016
I'm not going to bother reviewing the films because the vast majority buying will have seen them and there's already screeds of stuff written about them for those who haven't. Two of my all time favourite funny films. I'm only going to comment on the picture and sound quality which is very good on the films I received and I've had no problems. The delivery was blisteringly fast as well. 10/10

Mudder DIY Quartz Clock Movement Mechanism Red Hands Mechanism Repair Tool
Mudder DIY Quartz Clock Movement Mechanism Red Hands Mechanism Repair Tool
Offered by Mudder Online UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Kiddy Craft, 26 Jan. 2016
These are astoundingly cheap and I use them to make clocks with the grand kids. We cut out some thin plywood, sand it and then mark out the clock face. They can then decorate it any way they like and hey presto, a clock for their bedroom. There are so many skills used making these which hopefully help their development and I can't think of anything better because there's an actual useful end result. Oh, and it helps them tell the time as well.

CDN Meat/ Poultry Ovenproof Thermometer, 54 to 88 C
CDN Meat/ Poultry Ovenproof Thermometer, 54 to 88 C
Offered by US-ZINC

5.0 out of 5 stars Batteries Not Included, 26 Jan. 2016
I've used this a few times now and it seems pretty accurate. It's the first mechanical thermometer I've had the other 3 being electronic. They worked well but none were blessed with an automatic cut off that meant they were continually left on which drained the battery. No such problems with this one though so I'm pleased with it.

It comes with a protective sleeve with a pocket clip for some reason but it's all very compact and functional. Definitely worth the money.

Light My Fire 2.0 Fire Steel Scout Made in Sweden - Red
Light My Fire 2.0 Fire Steel Scout Made in Sweden - Red
Offered by General Stores Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Fire Starter, 18 Jan. 2016
With a bit of practice and some good tinder this does the job. I'll still be packing my lighter but it's good as a backup and for showing off.

Sumac 100g (Free Postage)
Sumac 100g (Free Postage)
Offered by Hooton Spice

5.0 out of 5 stars Close to Sell By Date, 14 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Sumac 100g (Free Postage) (Misc.)
I was tempted to give this 4 stars based on the taste which is good and the price which is very good. The lost star would have been due to the short sell by date that expires four months after delivery, which I suppose is the trade off. Still at this price I can always get some more so 5 stars it is.

500ml Ferric Chloride Solution PCB Board Full Strenght 45 Baume
500ml Ferric Chloride Solution PCB Board Full Strenght 45 Baume
Offered by Minerals water

5.0 out of 5 stars Etching Fluid, 28 Dec. 2015
I mixed this 3 parts water to 1 part ferric chloride and it made a great job of etching the Damascus steel Sgian Dubh blade I made.

Forbidden Planet [Blu-ray] [1956] [Region Free]
Forbidden Planet [Blu-ray] [1956] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Walter Pidgeon

5.0 out of 5 stars Wondrous Classic, 22 Nov. 2015
This is without exception my top most evocative and iconic science fiction movie of all time. I think this is largely because I was born in the late 50s and there was really nothing to touch this at the time. Yes in later years there have been bigger budget, better made movies with more modern values and attitudes but none of them 'grab me' like this does. The colours, the scale, the effects and the soundtrack combine to invoke a sense of wonder that makes Forbidden Planet a unique experience. When I watch this now and I've seen it many times I find myself both charmed and intrigued by the naÔveté of the film. The charming stuff is things like Earl Holliman the ships cook (yes the starship has a dedicated cook) wearing an apron and a navy hat or Robbie the Robot as the housekeeper carrying an exotic flower arrangement in a non digital future where cogs, gears and valves click mechanically with an apparent lack of complex electronics. The intriguing stuff is the window the film provides into the attitudes of the time, particularly towards women. Were women really treated like that back then? My mum would have punched the crews lights out if they'd treated her like the Altaira character whether they had they're own spaceship or not. Seriously though, it's wrong to judge the past using the values of the present but the sexism might put younger audiences off. I hope not because Forbidden Planet was no different in this respect from many films and tv programmes of the 50s and 60s. Watch an old episode of the Flintstones or Bewitched and you'll see what I mean.

All that aside, Forbidden Planet is a must for any sci-fi movie collection and this Blu-Ray version with its picture clarity and sound is really worth having.

Gents Boxer Shorts Saltire Fashion Design Royal Blue - Large
Gents Boxer Shorts Saltire Fashion Design Royal Blue - Large
Offered by I Luv LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Ticht, 23 Oct. 2015
I bought these to wear under my kilt at my step daughters wedding. I've went 'commando' in the past and it's just impossible to relax so I thought these would be a fun way to thwart the inevitable kilt lifting comedians. I bought the large as I'm a 35 waist but although still wearable they're a little bit snug in the crotch and round the legs so the XL would probably have been better. No time to send back though so I'm wearing them and I hope come midnight I'm not regretting it. There's always the Commando option to consider if they get too uncomfortable so there is a plan b. I could also keep a comfy pair in my Sporran just in case. Who'd have thought wedding planning would involve such detail?

They seem very well made, as you would expect for the price (£11.98 including delivery) for what is just a pair of boxer shorts. It's the £4 delivery that pushes the price up, I've had heavier items delivered quicker for less. So it's 3 stars because of the price of postage and also because large fits me fine with other makes, the inaccurate sizing.

EXTRA LARGE 7 DAY WEEKLY PILL DISPENSER 7 GRIDS
EXTRA LARGE 7 DAY WEEKLY PILL DISPENSER 7 GRIDS
Offered by A&S Company Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Solid Organiser, 14 Oct. 2015
This is as good a pill organiser as I've seen and is very reasonably priced. It has individual snap fitting lids which are easily opened and closed. It is also quite chunky and easily held. I use it to keep my mother right with her warfarin which can't go into her weekly Nomad system with her other meds because the dosage is constantly readjusted. Its use still requires monitoring though because it's a device invented by folk that are not confused for use by those who are and anyone who's ever cared for a confused person knows it just isn't as easy as that. If your in the latter group you'll know what I mean, if not then I hope I haven't confused you. It's a great means of monitoring medication while allowing the person to maintain some independence.

Item arrived within a couple of days.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20