Profile for Jaksenpollock > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Estwing E20c Curved Claw Hammer - Leather Grip 20oz
Estwing E20c Curved Claw Hammer - Leather Grip 20oz

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Finish, 22 Feb. 2015
I've been an amateur joiner for 30+ years and I've been using a Draper claw hammer I bought 30+ years ago. It worked perfectly well but I always promised my self that some day I'd treat myself to an Estwing. That time is now here and what a beautiful piece of work it is. When I first got it I was so impressed with the finish that I was loathe to use it in case it got scratched. Fortunately this soon passed and I've been hammering away merrily, finding excuses to hammer nails into everything. I Don't know if it's psychological but it feels so much surer and efficient than my old hammer. Since the introduction of battery guns screws seem to have replaced nails as the most widely used fixings now but I'm still very happy with my Estwing, even though I know at my age it'll carry on long after Ive ceased to be able to swing it.

DIGIFLEX Portable Home Wall / Desk LCD Display Indoor Outdoor Thermometer Hygrometer with 2 Sensors
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Electronic Thermometer, 2 Feb. 2015
This is a very nice gadget for the money. It can be set by the flick of a switch to either Centigrade or Fahrenheit and gives max/min temperatures for outside and in. The outside reading is achieved using a small sensor which is attached to a good length of wire and placed outside. The whole thing is very easy to set up and use and I'm very pleased with it. The only fault I've noticed is that there is a variance of 0.3 of a degree between the outside sensor and the unit when both are in the same room, but hey, I can live with that. There's a humidity reading at the bottom of the display and I can't think why I would want to measure humidity in the UK but I'll look into it. It may be useful, who knows. All the numbers are clear and large enough to easily see from 8 feet away.

Highly recommended.

TePe Interdental Brushes 0.8mm Green - 4 Packets of 8 (32 Brushes)
TePe Interdental Brushes 0.8mm Green - 4 Packets of 8 (32 Brushes)
Offered by Survival-32

5.0 out of 5 stars Tepe Brushes, 2 Feb. 2015
My Dental Hygeinist recommends these and they really are the business for stopping buildup between your teeth. There are diferrent thicknesses availlable so get the size which is right for you.

I've searched a few places and this is the most economical way to buy them.

Delivery was prompt.

Red Dragon Strata 19 Piece Darts Set + FREE Red Dragon Checkout Card
Red Dragon Strata 19 Piece Darts Set + FREE Red Dragon Checkout Card
Offered by Red Dragon Darts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 2 Feb. 2015
These are good cheap darts and are perfect for general chucking at the board especially if you don't want to hand over your good darts to folk who won't take care of them.

Unicorn Pro Flight Protectors
Unicorn Pro Flight Protectors
Offered by Accessory-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Dart Bling, 2 Feb. 2015
These don't serve any real purpose apart from making your darts look pretty neat but I like them. They're a bit fiddly to fit but go on tightly and don't come off during play. Use them with a nice set of tungstens, fitted with alloy stems and flights of your choice and your darts will look pretty swish.

Wow Stuff Science Museum Famous Drinking Bird
Wow Stuff Science Museum Famous Drinking Bird

5.0 out of 5 stars Batteries Not Required, 2 Feb. 2015
One of the great things about having grandkids is buying toys you've always wanted. I bought this for them of course as an educational aid, to teach them some physics etc.. To that end I've insisted it stays with me and doesn't go home with them, just in the interests of fairness you understand. It's also got chemicals in it so entirely for safety reasons I have to keep it from them.

This is a great bit of physics in action, it constantly moves and is powered by water evaporating. It goes for ages, all you do is give it a glass of water at the right height for it to drink and it bobs up and down until the water evaporates and it can't reach it. I never get tired of stuff like this which is more than can be said for the kids. They've moved on to the next thing as expected, having totally dismissed the Drinking Bird from their lives. Not me though I think it's good for a wee while yet.

I think they need to see a miniature working steam engine next.

Delivery was prompt.

Safety Baseball Cap Bump Cap Black
Safety Baseball Cap Bump Cap Black
Offered by Toppers Work Wear

4.0 out of 5 stars Better Than the Pain, 2 Feb. 2015
If you have a head covered in luxurious thick flowing locks then this just might be comfy to wear. Unfortunately for me I'm a baldy and this is not at all comfy. It does the job though and a bit of discomforts better than a split head so I'm wearing it.

Arrived within a couple of days of ordering

Dartboard - Winmau Blade 4
Dartboard - Winmau Blade 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Dartboard, 22 Jan. 2015
I bought this for my shed/workshop/man cave and it's had quite a bit of use in the relatively short time I've had it. I think there's something wrong with it though because the treble twenty is proving very difficult to get darts to go into. I'm also having the same trouble with the doubles as well I just don't know what's wrong.

Seriously though I think this is a very good dartboard and so far it has remained relatively unmarked by the darts. Not much more I can say really, the numbers are all in the right place, it looks symmetrical and the wire is a lot finer than the chunky stuff they used to use. Darts don't seem to worryingly bounce back off it like they did in the old days causing folk to jump out the way.

The dartboard arrived on time but the box was open and pretty bashed. Luckily there was no damage to the board and everything was there.

16 x 40 Compact Monocular for Camping Hiking Outdoors Birdwatching--Storage Pouch and Cleaning Cloth Included
Offered by XICHEN

5.0 out of 5 stars Budget Monocular, 12 Jan. 2015
I've given this 5 stars because of the price. It's an amazing scope for the money, it's easily focussed, has good magnification and fits easily in my pocket when out walking. As you might expect its not very solidly built, the rubber casing isn't very well attached or of good quality. The optical quality isn't great either but in my opinion it's much better than you can seriously expect given the price. I bought this because I've always used binoculars and fancied trying a monocular. I bought this cheap one to give it a try before looking at something decent and the monocular wins because it's so quick to focus and compact to carry. I wear specs so there's also less mucking about when I need to see something quickly. Wildlife can be long gone by the time you sort your binos out.

Arrived promptly.

Bergen 6 Piece Metric Parallel Pin Punch Set in Pouch - BER1951
Bergen 6 Piece Metric Parallel Pin Punch Set in Pouch - BER1951
Offered by Toolbox37

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but Definitely not Nasty, 4 Jan. 2015
I've only had cause to use these occasionally but they've proven to be tough and up to the job. I've used them to knock out rusty pins and old ball races and the ones I've used have taken some hefty licks with my ball pein hammer without bending. Given the price (£8.75 in July 14) that's exceeding expectations because you just can't make your own for cheaper than this. I'm constantly amazed at how cheaply you can buy these things for nowadays compared to when I was a nipper. Some poor sods must be working for nowt somewhere to produce them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16