Profile for Jaksenpollock > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 865

Jaksenpollock
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Okuma Forged Split Rings - 10mm (10pcs)
Okuma Forged Split Rings - 10mm (10pcs)
Offered by Future Fishing

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong x 10, 1 July 2015
Very tough strong rings which are definitely a cut above the cheaper ones available. They are quite difficult to open though, I had to grip them in a vice and prize them open with a screwdriver to get the deer antler whistles I'd made into them. They will not be coming off any time soon.

Nemaslug Slug Killer Standard Pack treats 40 sq m
Nemaslug Slug Killer Standard Pack treats 40 sq m
Offered by green gardener

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Good Enough, 17 Jun. 2015
Having used this as per instructions about 4 weeks ago I can detect no difference in the slug population in my garden. My bedding dahlias have been defoliated like I hadn't used anything. I don't know if it's supposed to affect snails but if so it hasn't worked as my ligularia is covered in them and I've had to remove them the old fashioned way (manually). I've given this 3 stars cos to be fair it's hard to evaluate the product objectively but I will be going back to beer traps and small quantities of slug pellets under pieces of slate because the results of nemaslug in my opinion are just as the title says, not good enough.

SET OF 5 Wheelie Bin Box Crate Number and Letter Stickers
SET OF 5 Wheelie Bin Box Crate Number and Letter Stickers
Offered by Laserables

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Number Stickers, 16 Jun. 2015
Easy to apply and they stick firmly to the bin. The number is transparent so it shows as the same colour as the bin. Very effective.

Rolson Folding Lock Back Knife
Rolson Folding Lock Back Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch, 12 Jun. 2015
I must say that I'm completely bowled over by the build quality of this little knife. It's solid, chunky, well engineered and well finished. How they can make and sell this for 5 quid is beyond me. It takes ordinary Stanley knife blades so you just change it using the very simple mechanism when required. The praise doesn't extend to the sheath though, it's cheap and nasty and won't last long but for this sort of money I'm not complaining.

If you like shiney stuff that doesn't cost a fortune then this is for you.

Toolzone Socket Nut Driver Adaptors for Drill 1/4", 3/8", 1/2"
Toolzone Socket Nut Driver Adaptors for Drill 1/4", 3/8", 1/2"
Offered by UKDeals Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 8 Jun. 2015
Got these for putting in hex headed wood screws because it meant I could use my existing sockets but lo and behold the box of screws came with a socket inside anyway Duh! Still, these will come in handy in future and being cheap and well made are a worthy addition to my toolbox.

Jumbo Lolly Sticks 100 Pk
Jumbo Lolly Sticks 100 Pk
Offered by AONESTATIONERY

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Plant Labels, 8 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Jumbo Lolly Sticks 100 Pk
I initially bought a bag of standard size lolly sticks to use as plant labels and then I discovered these. They are longer and much wider so more info can be written on them. When you consider the price of these compared to plastic ones and the environmental benefits ie bio degradeable, sustainable etc.. It beggars belief that more gardeners are not using them for short term use instead of plastic.

I'll keep the plastic ones for plants that are going to be in their pots for a long time.

Vintage Cast Iron Wall Mounted Bottle Opener with Skirt
Vintage Cast Iron Wall Mounted Bottle Opener with Skirt

4.0 out of 5 stars Opener, 5 Jun. 2015
This is a very solid well finished bottle opener which works very well. The reason it only gets 4 stars is the screws and how it's fixed. The screws are finished to match the opener but are not long enough to securely fasten it. I had to use longer screws which didn't match. It's not a big deal though.

Staedtler Medium Carpenters Pencil (Pack of 12)
Staedtler Medium Carpenters Pencil (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Pencils, 1 Jun. 2015
Very good pencils that do exactly what they are supposed to do without the lead breaking all the time. Unlike the Faithfull pencils I had.

Lollipop Sticks Natural Wood (Pack of 100)
Lollipop Sticks Natural Wood (Pack of 100)
Offered by Baby Craft

5.0 out of 5 stars Plant Labels, 1 Jun. 2015
I bought these as a biodegradable alternative to plastic plant labels because the used plastic ones are obtrusive and seem to get everywhere I think they look better too. They don't last long in the damp compost though so are only good for the short term ie annuals. For anything that needs to be legible for more than a few weeks use plastic.

WANGSAURA 100+Rare Rainbow Rose Flower Seeds Your Lover Multi-color Plants Home Garden
Offered by Beauty GO

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Misleading, 27 May 2015
I came upon these when browsing Amazon for plants and it's a bit of a con. Rainbow roses are cut white roses which have had their stems split into sections with each section dipped into a different coloured food dye solution. The rose is left for a few days to suck up the colour and this colours the petals. Having read this ad it looks like they're saying the roses grow like that naturally. I read about this multi colouring technique a few years ago and anyone can apparently do it, no special seeds required. You will never get them like the picture though.

This is a complete waste of your time and hard earned cash, pass it by.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2015 4:08 PM BST