Profile for Jaksenpollock > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
CORIANDER SEEDS (SLOWBOLT) - 3000 SEEDS
CORIANDER SEEDS (SLOWBOLT) - 3000 SEEDS

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 20 July 2013
I wanted to grow micro veg for salads but the cost of seed from garden centres made this a ridiculously expensive proposition. This seed was bought at a fraction of the cost and it has returned a very high rate of germination 95%+

I will buy this again

KINGFISHER 7.5M SOAKER/SPRINKLER HOSE PIPE GARDEN WATER
KINGFISHER 7.5M SOAKER/SPRINKLER HOSE PIPE GARDEN WATER
Offered by Price Attack Ltd
Price: 2.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 20 July 2013
For the price this is a fantastic bit of kit. I have 3 small raised beds and I bought it for my garlic which was struggling in my free draining soil during the unnacustomed hot weather in 2013. The bed is 6'x 3' and this was just long enough to snake between the rows.

The hose works a treat, you just hook it up and leave it to do it's job, the only quibble being the bit on the end which is difficult to insert into a hose fitting. This is small gripe though as it goes in fine with a small ammount of pressure so given the price I've still given it 5 stars.

Im going to buy another 2 for my remaining veg beds.

MEINDL Shoe Care Sportwax
MEINDL Shoe Care Sportwax
Offered by Tamarack
Price: 7.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat at a Loss, 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: MEINDL Shoe Care Sportwax (Misc.)
How do you rate shoe wax? It went on ok and seems to be doing the job. Its one of those things you cannot be objective about if indeed you care enough to be bothered to review it. I always used dubbin and Had no problems and then was told it affected breathability etc... You need wax they said etc...

This is a lot more expensive than dubbin and I am, after using it, unable to tell any difference regarding the performance of my walking boots. Maybe nothing is breathable enough for my sweaty feet or maybe its just another crock we are being sold.

I will be going back to the old fashioned stuff, save some money and let my feet breath when I get home and take my boots off. Breathing may be difficult for others in the room though.

Farscape : Peacekeeper War (DVD) (2004) (Region 2, Dutch Import, PAL) - English audio
Dvd ~ Ben Browder
Offered by megamoviestore
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fitting End, 2 Jun 2013
This was a great ending to a great series. Ok it would have been much more comprehensively tied up in the course of a fifth season but that was not to be and it was very well done in the allotted time.

I wish Claudia and Ben had steered clear of Stargate though.

Leather Dog Collar, Black (415 - 495mm)
Leather Dog Collar, Black (415 - 495mm)
Offered by Bargain Warehouse
Price: 4.90

1.0 out of 5 stars In the drawer as a spare, 17 May 2013
This is not well made and I don't think it would be strong enough for regular use with my staffy. It was cheap so I couldn't be bothered sending it back hence the review title

Farscape Season 4 [DVD]
Farscape Season 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Browder
Offered by WorldCinema
Price: 14.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Tree-effing-mendous, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Farscape Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
This series has not aged at all, its creative its funny, its engrossing, the Crichton/ Erin love story is well acted and written. The effects are not always great but who cares this is my all time favourite sci fi series.

Far Cry 3 (PS3)
Far Cry 3 (PS3)
Offered by findprice
Price: 13.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game but......, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
I loved this game it was completely engrossing. Time passed at a speed which only a gamer playing a great game can identify with. HOWEVER... There were 2 bosses in it you had to despatch and I wish their demise had been better done. The game made you really want to get these guys but the getting was unsatisfying. The final one was done with the old button pummelling technique ie. hit the square button then the round etc.. If you don't get the timing right its back to the start where you have to listen to the villains psycho megalomaniac preamble speech, all over again. Come on guys this is old hat, come up with new ways of dispatching the villains because this way is just an obstacle to get through instead of an eagerly anticipated climax.

That said, it was a small part of the game the rest of which was great!

The Little Paris Kitchen: Classic French recipes with a fresh and fun approach
The Little Paris Kitchen: Classic French recipes with a fresh and fun approach
by Rachel Khoo
Price: 10.86

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, 17 May 2013
Ive cooked a few things from this book and they are ok i suppose. I cook a lot and consider myself a fairly experienced amateur but the recipes failed to live up to the expectations created by the TV programme.

Parasene Frost Fighter
Parasene Frost Fighter

2.0 out of 5 stars Inefficient and Wasteful, 30 Mar 2013
The heater element works fine and kicks out a fair bit of heat for my 8' x 6' greenhouse. The thermostat is useless however, to the extent that it will switch on when the green house thermometer shows 26C yet allow the temperature to drop dangerously low during the night. I am using a plug in thermostat which is doing the job better.

This was cheap so you only get what you pay for right enuff

Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver
Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver
Price: 59.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Convenient with a Major Drawback, 30 Mar 2013
This product is convenient and easy to use and I cannot fault its operation. It is however let down by the poor quality of the coffee on offer. If you are at all fussy about your coffee then don't what ever you do throw away your grinder or percolator when this arrives. You will regret it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13