Profile for Keatesy > Reviews

Content by Keatesy

Keatesy "Keatesy" (UK)

Ladies Medium Can Can Saloon Girl Red Outfit Costume for Moulin Rouge Wild West Fancy Dress
Offered by It's All Fun & Games

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fancy dress, 24 Jun. 2012
This costume was what you expect for around £12...it did the job for a Wild West party, and I added a wig too! Not brilliant quality, but it isn't something you will be wearing every day.

StilGut UltraSlim Case with Stand and Smart-Cover for Apple iPad 2 (WiFi & 3G), Black
Offered by StilGut

5.0 out of 5 stars The case is great for the new iPad (3) as well...., 24 Mar. 2012
Bought this case, but was feeling a little unsure about how it would fit the new iPad (3). I needn't have worried, as although the new iPad is slightly thicker then the iPad 2, it still fits perfectly. Very pleased with the case, which does not add a lot more bulk to the iPad, but certainly gives me the reassurance that my investment is being well protected - and also feels very well made. The case is very useful indeed when it comes to changing the angle of the iPad to watch a video, type an email or simply surf the net on. This is the only case that you will need for your iPad (3).

Canon IXUS 220 HS - Black (12.1MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD
Canon IXUS 220 HS - Black (12.1MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

3.0 out of 5 stars Great stills camera, poor video., 12 Jun. 2011
First of all can we say, that we are big fans of the Canon Ixus range, and have owned several over the last 10 years - we started out way back with the Ixus film cameras. We find the Ixus range great, as we have 2 small children, and we find that taking the Ixus with us means that we get lots of great photographs and video that we would normally miss, as the camera is small enough to fit in a pocket or bag, and so is always with us. We purchased the 220 HS as an upgrade from the Ixus 100 IS, which is an excellent camera that took good video footage. The reason for the upgrade was the better (wider) lens (the 220 HS had a 24 mm against the 100 IS 33 mm) and the fact that the already good video footage was also said to be improved. The initial reaction to the 200 HS was that it had improved, over the 100 IS, in almost every area. With everything being slightly better than before - which is no mean feat. However, one of the main reasons for the purchase was for the video footage, and unfortunately this is where the camera falls down for us. When you record the video footage, using the dedicated video button on the back (which is a nice touch), and then view the footage back on your mac/pc, most of the time you see that the camera is hunting to focus correctly. This means that for every 2 minute burst of footage, at least a quarter (to a half) of it is taken up with the camera hunting to lock on to a subject, and so the footage is blurry and out of focus. When it is in focus the footage is excellent, and if this was always the case then this review would be for 5 stars. However, when the camera does focus correctly, it still then 'drifts', and you lose focus, especially if the scene changes - even if it only changes slightly. So if you just want a great camera for still photographs, then this review could be for 4 to 5 stars, but if want to shoot video as well, then look elsewhere - or wait for the next Ixus camera upgrade/model.

I have emailed Canon about the issue, to which they said "We are sorry to learn that you are experiencing this problem with your IXUS 220 HS. As a precaution could you reset the camera back to default values by entering the tools section of the menu & choosing "Reset All". If the problem remains unresolved after resetting the camera then we would recommend that you return it to the retailer, if purchased recently, or to one of our authorised service centres where one of out technicians can inspect it.'

So I will be returning the camera to one of their service centres, and keep my fingers crossed that they can fix it, but I have the feeling that the camera is not broken, and the issue is probably more to do with the 'clever' software running it. I am still a Canon Ixus fan, just not of this model.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2012 3:07 PM GMT

Sony 1GB Micro Vault Midi
Sony 1GB Micro Vault Midi

2.0 out of 5 stars Feels cheap, 22 Jan. 2008
I bought a Sony 8GB Micro Vault, as it looks quite solid in the pictures and I have always found Sony products to be well constructed. However, when I received the product (and no complaints for the service from Moreflash - ordered late Friday evening and arrived early the next Tuesday) I found that it feels very cheap and fragile. In fact it feels more like a cheap plastic toy from a fairground than something that I will be entrusting to carry my documents around on. I guess that if it lasts for a couple of years (which I doubt) then I should not really complain, as this is what I bought it to do, but these days I expect my hardware items to be well made and aesthetically pleasing and not cheap and tacky (Apple versus Chad Valley). So it's 5 stars for the 8GB, but no star's for the build quality = 2 stars. If you were my friend and you were buying a USB flash stick, I would tell you not to buy the Sony Micro Vault and look elsewhere.

Sony 2GB Micro Vault Midi
Sony 2GB Micro Vault Midi

2.0 out of 5 stars Feels cheap, 22 Jan. 2008

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Feels rather cheap., 22 Jan. 2008
I bought the Sony 8GB Micro Vault, as it looks quite solid in the pictures and I have always found Sony products to be well constructed and solid. However, when I received the product (and no complaints for the service from Moreflash - ordered late Friday evening and arrived early the next Tuesday) I found that it feels very cheap and fragile. In fact it feels more like a cheap plastic toy from a fairground than something that I will be entrusting to carry my documents around on. I guess that if it lasts for a couple of years (which I doubt) then I should not really complain, as this is what I bought it to do, but these days I expect my hardware items to be well made and aesthetically pleasing and not cheap and tacky (Apple versus Chad Valley). So it's 5 stars for the 8GB, but no star's for the build quality = 2 stars. If you were my friend and you were buying a USB flash stick, I would tell you not to buy the Sony Micro Vault and look elsewhere.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2008 5:24 PM BST