Profile for Patricia.B > Reviews

Patricia.B

Angel of Death: The Story of Smallpox
Angel of Death: The Story of Smallpox
by Gareth Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars I found this a very good read if you are of an amateur science bent, 19 July 2014
I found this a very good read if you are of an amateur science bent. It was clear informative & very interesting.

A Lovely Way to Burn (Plague Times Trilogy 1)
A Lovely Way to Burn (Plague Times Trilogy 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars not much of a plot & a waste of, 14 July 2014
I found it poorly written,not much of a plot & a waste of time

Con d'Irene
Con d'Irene

1.0 out of 5 stars I only read this because the author had died, ..., 6 July 2014
This review is from: Con d'Irene (Kindle Edition)
I only read this because the author had died, had had a write up in The Telegraph obit column & I was intrigued. I really regret wasting my time reading what was a load of rubbish.

Pretender (Foreigner Universe Books)
Pretender (Foreigner Universe Books)
by C. J. Cherryh
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretender( Foreigner series) C.J.Cherryh, 12 Jun 2014
As usual I enjoyed this book in the series. It is amazing how an incident can be turned into an intriguing story which holds interest for a whole book. Patricia B

The Kills
The Kills

1.0 out of 5 stars A tedious read, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Kills (Kindle Edition)
Having managed to read 82% of this book I am not really any the wiser about what goes on than when I read the first 20% or so. Part of my problem is that I bought a Kindle edition & find it difficult to keep referring back. The plot lines are so convoluted that it is hard to make head or tail of it all. It hops from the Iraq to the U.S.A to Italy to Germany then Cyprus. with a few tenuous threads connecting some of the plot. The women are miserable & why are two of them pregnant? it has nothing to do with the non story. I am now reduced to reading the dialogue and skipping the scenery. I don't know if I have the courage to finish this boring book.

Lemprière's Dictionary
Lemprière's Dictionary
by Lawrence Norfolk

1.0 out of 5 stars Lempriere's dictionary, 20 Nov 2012
I started this book with great hopes, but after a short while struggled to understand what really was going on. There must have been a plot but it was impossible for me to find. However I persevered but it was a titanic struggle to finish the book in the hopes of finding what really went on. I was out of luck. Prior to buying this book I had thought to buy a copy of his more recent book but didn't.