Profile for N. Carey > Reviews

Content by N. Carey

N. Carey (Nova Scotia, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Addis Line Prop, Grey
Addis Line Prop, Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm very pleased with this product, 11 Nov. 2014
I'm very pleased with this product. I bought one a while ago and now need a second one; not because the first one is broken but because I've gained more line space. The prop is sturdy and has stayed rust proof throughout the wind, snow and rian.

The Handsome Man's De Luxe Café (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency)
The Handsome Man's De Luxe Café (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency)
by Alexander McCall Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this book, 11 Nov. 2014
I enjoyed this book. I like the characters and the 'goodness' that is in each of the main protagonists. They're not super heroes but just ordinary people who show love and kindness, as well as their 'not-so'good' sides. Through reading this series I've also learnt a bit about the history of Botswana. I like the descriptions of the scenery and I can almost feel the warmth of the sun. I hope that another book in the series is planned.

Wall Barometer Good Quality Weather Instrument
Wall Barometer Good Quality Weather Instrument
Offered by Cjh Clocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 24 May 2014
I'm very pleased with this barometer. I had no difficulty in setting it to the correct measurements. It looks good and I enjoy tapping it to see what's happening with the weather :-)

10 litre Big Watering Can in green
10 litre Big Watering Can in green
Offered by Canvas Discount

5.0 out of 5 stars A good purchase, 24 May 2014
A nice strong watering can. It has a measuring guide which is useful when I am putting plant food into the water.

Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits
Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits, 24 Feb. 2012
I enjoyed listening to this. It's good to have the songs that I enjoyed listening to on the radio, in my youth, on one CD collection.

Local Hero [DVD]
Local Hero [DVD]
Dvd ~ Burt Lancaster

3.0 out of 5 stars Local Hero, 24 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Local Hero [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this because it was recommended to me so I didn't know much about it beforehand. I found it very slow moving and never watched it to the end. Perhaps I wasn't in the right frame of mind for it and I'll probably try it again - but not yet.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 11, 2012 1:37 AM BST

by Carolyn Humphries

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 12 July 2011
I'm really pleased with this book. I've had to restock on some of my cookery/household books, since coming to Canada, and needed a basic one for freezing. I've planted a veggie garden which is doing very well, and unfortunately I have to be away from home when it'll be time to harvest. I wanted a clear guide to freezing as I'm going to have to leave my husband to do this, and he's never done it before. This book will be fine for him. The advice is clear, simple and straight forward and is a very useful addition to a kitchen library.How to Freeze Fresh Food at Home: Everything You Need to Know About Freezing and Freezer

At His Very Best [2CD]
At His Very Best [2CD]
Offered by Leisurezone

5.0 out of 5 stars John Barrowman - 'At His Very Best', 23 Mar. 2010
This review is from: At His Very Best [2CD] (Audio CD)
I've enjoyed listening to this. John is very talented and has a great voice. The price is also very reasonable ( to say the least!) for this double CD.

The Great War and Modern Memory
The Great War and Modern Memory
by Paul Fussell

5.0 out of 5 stars The Great War by Paul Fussell, 23 Mar. 2010
I needed this book for an online course and ordered a copy from the library. I found it very interesting and decided to buy my own copy for future use. I needed it for a poetry course but the book provides very interesting and useful information about WW1, as well as poetry. I recommend it.

The Penguin Book of First World War Poetry (Penguin Classics)
The Penguin Book of First World War Poetry (Penguin Classics)
by Matthew George Walter

4.0 out of 5 stars Penguin Book of First World War Poetry, 20 Feb. 2010
I bought this book because it was needed for an online course that I am studying. I had a library copy but decided to buy my own as I thought I would use it again. The book gives small bios of the poets which is useful. The poems are separated into different periods of the war, for example, training and early days of the war. This is helpful but there is no alphabetical list of poets which makes it a little difficult if you are looking for a poet rather than a specific poem. Overall though, I am pleased with it and will use it in the future.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2014 3:43 PM BST