Profile for Photoman > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Spurs Miscellany, The
Spurs Miscellany, The
by Martin Cloake

5.0 out of 5 stars A great pocket book packed with facts and figures., 21 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Spurs Miscellany, The (Hardcover)
As any Tottenham supporter will tell you it is not an easy ride following this great club, let's face it consistency is not a strong point! Anyway back to the book, well it's great, packed full of facts and figures. My 9 year old son, a fourth generation Spurs supporter, just loves it and takes great delight in telling me everything he has read in the book, if nothing else this is a good enough reason to pay a tenner for it.

The Division Bell (2014 Remastered Version) [VINYL]
The Division Bell (2014 Remastered Version) [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great vinyl reissue., 21 Mar. 2015
A vinyl review. The music has been reviewed many times by others.

I have always wanted the original but as most decent quality copies seem to be getting on for £80+ on auction sites I decided I would try this remastered vinyl version. Frankly I was gobsmacked, the sound and quality of this pressing is superb, in fact it was much better than I had expected. If you are a vinyl buyer then I can heartily recommend this.

Lazaretto (Ultra Edition) [12" VINYL]
Lazaretto (Ultra Edition) [12" VINYL]
Offered by wmdservices

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing vinyl quality, 21 Mar. 2015
This is a review of the vinyl pressing not the music, I love the music and I believe Jack White's love of analogue recording methods gives us vinyl lovers hope for the future but....whilst I applaud Jack for trying something new this Ultra LP is a gimmick and, unlike the vinyl copy of Blunderbuss, compromises the quality of the vinyl. I did manage to get it to play correctly, I didn't play the hidden 'label' tracks as my cartridge is a £250 Grado Platinum Reference cart and I wasn't going to risk it. My main gripe is that the overall quality of the pressing was poor with surface noise which undermined the amount of effort that had gone into the rest of the package.

Draper 06489 10 L 1000 W 230 V Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner
Draper 06489 10 L 1000 W 230 V Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal vacuum for DIY., 21 Mar. 2015
This is great vacuum cleaner for DIY, it is light, powerful and comes with more tools than you could possibly find a use for. The only negative point is that you must change the internal filter for dry or wet applications, this sounds painful but it actually takes just a couple of minutes.

Anker® 3 Premium 3ft Micro USB Cable Pack High Speed USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B Sync and Charge Cables for Android, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Nokia and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made cables., 21 Mar. 2015
I bought these for my son's Hudl, in fact they are better made and clip into the Hudl terminal far better than the original cable. I would strongly recommend these for the price.

kenable Pure HQ OFC 3.5mm Stereo Jack to 2 RCA Phono Plugs Cable Gold 2m
kenable Pure HQ OFC 3.5mm Stereo Jack to 2 RCA Phono Plugs Cable Gold 2m
Offered by CrossCables

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made cables at a ridiculously low price., 21 Mar. 2015
Well made cables at a ridiculously low price. The plugs fit well and snug on my amplifier terminals and seem to give a good sound.

Maxsimafoto® - 40.5mm to 52mm STEP UP RING for Olympus Pen and other lenses.
Maxsimafoto® - 40.5mm to 52mm STEP UP RING for Olympus Pen and other lenses.
Offered by Cameramarket UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, will do the job., 21 Mar. 2015
Well made, strong and doesn't give the impression it will cross-thread.

NEEWER® 52mm to 77mm Step Up Filter Step Ring Adapter 52-77
NEEWER® 52mm to 77mm Step Up Filter Step Ring Adapter 52-77
Offered by iTekLife Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, does the job perfectly, 21 Mar. 2015
Exactly as described, made with precision and reasonably strong.

Abbatoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus [VINYL]
Abbatoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great vinyl pressing, 21 Mar. 2015
Like many I consider this album Nick's best album, many others have discussed the album at length, all I would like to add is that the vinyl pressing is very good and after many years of waiting(the original goes for £100+ on auction sites) I have finally got hold of a vinyl copy.

Battery--World li-ion with updated chip 1800mAh Canon LP-E6 LP E6 LPE6 Replacement Battery
Offered by ATekCity

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, be careful it could be expensive in the long run., 21 Mar. 2015
I bought this battery back in October, it has been used a handful of times, now it it doesn't charge properly and my Canon 5D mk3 refuses to accept it. In the past I have bought these cheap batteries and have been lucky, unfortunately this one will be going to the recycling centre. It's a gamble, you may get lucky and get a good one or you might end up wasting your money like me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3