Profile for Munch > Reviews

The Real Housewives of Orange County: Series 1 [DVD]
The Real Housewives of Orange County: Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Real Housewives of Orange County

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible., 12 April 2016
I couldn't watch d.v.d. Definitely needs updated, as the picture quality is terrible.

Blood Highway
Blood Highway

3.0 out of 5 stars How to ruin an excellent true crime book., 12 April 2016
This review is from: Blood Highway (Kindle Edition)
I was really enjoying this. As I read on though, I found a lot of the story was repeated, just worded differently. I started skipping the repeats. as it got tedious re-reading the text. Also, it started to ramble on. Done to pad the book out? Plus, the editor needs to change jobs. Absolutely ruined the book, for me anyway.

Similar Transactions: A True Story
Similar Transactions: A True Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read., 20 Mar. 2016
Excellent book. (Kindle.) Ms. Reynolds tells the story, in detail. However, it's not a book, that is repetitious, nor does it drone on and on, to fill required pages. ( Some are awful, and should be removed!) I still cannot comprehend, how such a sadistic animal, was given chance after chance, considering the heinous crimes he committed. The book brings to light, facts regarding American Justice. Also, States don't/won't share information with other States. Very petty. Police, and other officials involved in the investigation, also show frustration, regarding the lack of cooperation between States. WOW! It's very sad, and totally avoidable. The book also shows, how American people, come together. They do everything they can to help, and assist, in any way possible. They are absolutely fantastic, and should be so proud. I'm not quite finished reading the book, but, I recommend it 100%. True crime? It certainly is. I've learned a few things. It also made me cry. I hope Ms. Reynolds continues to write true crime.

It's Nothing Personal: Mobster Nicknames
It's Nothing Personal: Mobster Nicknames

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., 17 Jan. 2016
Book (Kindle) is ok, as a quick reference book. Some explanations aren't 100% positive, so a couple of different reasons are given. It's not a book 'to read.' Not for me anyway, but, we all like, what we like.

NIPUTI The Nephew: Life under the shadow of a Mafia Killer
NIPUTI The Nephew: Life under the shadow of a Mafia Killer

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read for sure., 6 Jan. 2016
Very enjoyable read. Full of details, ( maybe too many small ones), but still a great read, although Impossible to know, if all of it is true. In some parts, I did wonder. (We could say that about any true stories.) Saying that, I do recommend this book.

Was also a nice change, to read a full length book, instead of being expected to purchase numerous 'parts' of a book, which I no longer do, as it can add up to an obscene amount of money, just to read ONE book!

The Spying Game - The SOE [DVD]
The Spying Game - The SOE [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Spying Game

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!, 6 Jan. 2016
Very disappointing dvd. Can't say anything about it, as, there is nothing in it! No depth. No details, not already known by most of us. One or two names mentioned. Extremely basic. Terrible presentation, on a subject that was of major importance.

Fatal Car Accidents of the Rich and Famous
Fatal Car Accidents of the Rich and Famous

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time., 18 Dec. 2015
I was expecting this to have a lot more in depth. Chapters too short, so couldn't really 'get into them.' Very basic, so, nothing I haven't read before, Disappointing.

THE CHESAPEAKE TODAY October 2014 - All Crime, All the Time
THE CHESAPEAKE TODAY October 2014 - All Crime, All the Time

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 18 Oct. 2015
Can't review, as will not open on Kindle.

Cursed Fates: The Headless Horseman - Collector's Edition (PC DVD)
Cursed Fates: The Headless Horseman - Collector's Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by b68solutions

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish! Wish I hadn't wasted my money., 18 Oct. 2015
Extremely disappointing game. The worst I have bought in a long time. Graphics not good. H.O.S., way too easy. If that wasn't enough, the game has to be played from the disc, which I hate! The disc had to load every time I went forward, or I came to H.O.S. Because of this, there is no fluidity to the game. I did not play the whole game. It was just too irritating. Has definitely put me off buying games from this company, as I have tried 2 others, hoping they would be better, but, not been happy with those, either.

Hard Place to do Time: The Story of Oakalla Prison: 1912 - 1991
Hard Place to do Time: The Story of Oakalla Prison: 1912 - 1991

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good read. I always enjoy books that are about, 10 Sept. 2015
Really good read. I always enjoy books that are about, what they say they're about. The author goes into plenty of detail, about the building of the prison, staff, punishments, prisoners, & their escape attempts. Mr. Anderson doesn't ramble on, taking me into boredom-ness! Some authors do this, obviously, to bulk the book out, which I find irritating, & a complete waste of my time, & money. I will definitely read this book again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12