Profile for Fuchsia > Reviews

VTech Toot Toot Drivers Super RC Raceway Playset
VTech Toot Toot Drivers Super RC Raceway Playset
Offered by DW JACKSON

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy and inconvenient to store, 14 April 2016
Given to us by my son's grandad. Feels very flimsy and wobbly and sections of it are inclined to fall over. I am worried that the plastic could easily break and possibly be unsafe.

All the large components have clips on them so that they don't come apart once assembled, meaning it doesn't fit back into the box and takes up a humongous amount of storage space (approx 1 1/2 - 2 x the size of the original box when you stack it carefully).

It only came with one car, which needed the battery putting in and taking out multiple times before it would work. The track is not intuitive to assemble as the sections are so short; we had to resort to the diagram, and I can't imagine any young child being able to slot it together or change the layout easily without assistance.

The box indicates that the toy is suitable for 1 year olds but my baby is totally disinterested in it and finds the noises the toy car makes terrifying. I think it's probably more suitable for older toddlers / preschool kids.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Nights At The Circus
Nights At The Circus
by Angela Carter

5.0 out of 5 stars A modern fairy tale, 19 Jun. 2003
This review is from: Nights At The Circus (Paperback)
I was sceptical when my friends nagged me into reading Angela Carter. If anything, I was critical as I began reading it, but was soon won over by the sheer bizarre nature of Fevver's tale. Despite myself, I was drawn into this story. The characters, places and storyline are unforgettable, the tale a vivid, unbelievable romp with the circus from London to Siberia.
The only downpoint to this book, I would say, is that the narrative of the first part is a bit rambling and slow paced compared to the rest of the story, but this does nothing to detract from the overall wonder and brilliance of this novel.
Don't buy this book if you're looking for a gritty, realistic story, because "Nights at the Circus" is, if anything, fantasy. However, if you want an involving, amusing and enchanting modern fairy tale, this book is an absolute must.