Profile for Chickpea > Reviews

Kaspar: Prince of Cats
Kaspar: Prince of Cats
by Michael Morpurgo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Kaspar: Prince of Cats (Paperback)
I'm reading this story to my Year 4/5 children, aged 8,9 & 10. They are captivated by the story. It is, as you would expect from MIchael, a wonderfully written piece of literature. It is based on the sinking of the Titanic & once again the author has done a great job of mixing real life events into his fiction.

Orzly® - CHARGE 'N' GO - iPhone Car Charger for ALL iPhone5 Models (5C / 5S / Original iPhone 5) - Portable In-Car Charging Cable with Flexi-Lead and Car Cigarette Lighter Socket with Special iPhone 5 Connector (Suitable for ALL Apple iPhone-5 models including: 2013 iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C and also Original 2012 iPhone 5)
Offered by OGADGETHUB

1.0 out of 5 stars Charges an Iphone 5s, 27 Feb 2014
It works with my iphone 5s. Although sometimes the phone brings up a message saying this phone charger is not a recognised apple product so may not work. However it has worked perfectly so far.

Edited & changed to 1 star as the charger has now stopped working after about 3 months. The connection to the phone is now not very good so, at first it charged intermittently and now it doesn't charge at all.

Isa Does It: Amazingly Easy, Wildly Delicious Vegan Recipes for Every Day of the Week
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Isa book yet!, 15 Feb 2014
I have all of Isa's books and they are all great. She really is one of the best vegan cooks out there. This book is beautiful. It has a lot of pictures along side the wide range of recipes. So far I have made 12 recipes and the have all been delicious. I will certainly make them all again. So the rosemary chocolate chip cookies were wonderful. The sinfully wholesome waffles were fantastic. I loved the Chandra malai kofta and the tempeh meatballs with spaghetti and spicy slurpy sauce. The tofu mushroom stroganoff, lentil a roni, dilly stew with rosemary dumplings, coconut chana saag, smoky Incan stew and meaty beamy chili were also wonderfully tasty. If you want a vegan cookbook you won't go wrong with this book. I can't recommend it highly enough and I can't wait to try out some more recipes. It is worth noting there is a British and American version. I have the American as I prefer using cup measures and this is the version I have based my review on.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2014 8:04 PM GMT

Let Them Eat Vegan!
Let Them Eat Vegan!
by Dreena Burton

5.0 out of 5 stars So tasty!, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Let Them Eat Vegan! (Paperback)
Dreena Burton is a genius at putting flavours together. The ingredient list are usually quite long &, at first, I found this off putting & was reluctant to try some recipes. However this is what creates the taste sensations. Everything I have made has actually been very easy to make. Particular favourites include; Thai Chickpea Almond Curry, Fragrant kidney Bean & Lentil Dhal, Tempeh Tickle, Festive Chickpea Tart, Yellow Sweet potato & chickpea pie with basil & White bean mashed potatoes. The book is worth buying just for those recipes. They are totally delicious. She offers lots of useful tips & substitutions that you can make too which are very helpful. A great book & a great author.

Vive Le Vegan!: Simple, Delectable Recipes for the Everyday Vegan Family
Vive Le Vegan!: Simple, Delectable Recipes for the Everyday Vegan Family
by Dreena Burton

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Vegan Cookbook author, 2 Dec 2013
Dreena has some great cookbooks & this one is no exception. So far I have made the lemon herb tofu, rosemary tofu balls, lemon rosemary potatoes & chocolate peanut butter squares. All have been delicious & it was worth the price of the book for just these. The only part of the book not relevant to me is the section on feeding your vegan baby or toddler, however I am sure some people would find this really useful.

VITASHINE VEGAN VITAMIN D3 CAPSULES (60) 5000IU
VITASHINE VEGAN VITAMIN D3 CAPSULES (60) 5000IU

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Vegan Vit D3 Supplement, 8 Sep 2013
Small, easy to swallow tablet which is suitable for vegans. It is also available in spray form for people who don't like tablets. It is quite difficult to find D3 for vegans as most D3 is from animal products. Most Vit D in Veggie & vegan tablets is Vit D2. I like this product & I will buy it again.

The Pictorial Guides To The Lakeland Fells - Complete Revised Editions Boxed Set
by Alfred Wainwright

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Guides, 8 Sep 2013
I love these guide books. They are beautifully presented & a very handy size when you are out walking.
We recently went to the Lakes and climbed 9 mountains. Although you still need an OS map these books were very valuable to help give the best routes up & down. We also got caught in the mist one day & were struggling to find the path we needed. On checking the book it pointed out some key features which we were able to locate & continue on the route we were following. Definitely useful to help you get the most of the Lake District & help to keep you safe.

Nature's Plus, Source of Life, Garden, Vitamin D3, 60 Veggie Caps
Nature's Plus, Source of Life, Garden, Vitamin D3, 60 Veggie Caps
Offered by Ultimate Health

3.0 out of 5 stars Vegan D3, 8 Sep 2013
The pro's to this product.
It is organic, and a D3 tablet which is suitable for vegans.
The Con's
I do actually feel a bit conned by this product. It is advertised as 60 caps & being 5000IUs. However it is 60 caps which are 2500IUs, Therefore you have to take two capsules to get the 5000 dose. This means it is only a 30 day supply not a 60 day supply.
The capsules are also VERY big!
In the past I had the Vitashine vegan D3 which I really liked & which were very small capsules. I thought I would try Nature's Plus as they seemed slightly cheaper. However due to the dosage they are much more expensive. I think I will stick with Vitashine from now on.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2014 5:20 AM BST

Vegan Fire & Spice: 200 Sultry and Savory Global Recipes
Vegan Fire & Spice: 200 Sultry and Savory Global Recipes
by Robin Robertson

5.0 out of 5 stars A good vegan cookbook, 1 Jun 2013
The book is split into different sections and so far I have only cooked from the India section. The quick red bean dhal was incredibly easy & quick to make as well as being very tasty. The spinach curry tasted as good as anything I've eaten in a restaurant & it was really easy to cook. The mushroom curry ended up with too much sauce but that could have been because I didn't really weigh & measure the ingredients. Anyway I just cooked up a batch of red lentils & added them which made it a better balanced meal anyway. Again it had great flavours. I am looking forward to trying out more recipes. Each recipe is set out on one page. The list of ingredients & instructions are quite short and the recipes look pretty simple to make. There are no pictures though which some people may not like. It's a great addition to my cookbook collection & I know I will use it regularly.

Divine Vegan Desserts: Over 100 Delectable Dairy- and Egg-free Recipes
Divine Vegan Desserts: Over 100 Delectable Dairy- and Egg-free Recipes
by Lisa Fabry

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book, 1 April 2013
This is a great vegan dessert book. It is written by a UK/Australian author which makes a nice change as the ingredients are more easily sourced than some other vegan cook books. Many of the recipes are classically "British" like Christmas pudding, treacle tart, Eccles cakes, scones, bread & butter pudding, trifle & best of all some sponge puddings. I got the book 2 days ago & so far have made the sticky date pudding with toffee sauce & the squidgy fruit cake which was perfect for Easter as it was full of marzipan. Both were very easy to make & absolutely delicious. There is also a lovely looking cheesecake & a tiramisu. The recipes are easy to follow with not too many ingredients & it is full of pictures which is again often sadly lacking in vegan cook books. If you want a book with a great range of vegan desserts I don't think you can go wrong with this one. I can't wait to make some more!
Update May 2013
I've now made the vitality cake which is made without any fat & no added sugar & the double fudge pecan brownies. Both were simple to make & delicious. This really is a great book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4