Profile for R MacGregor > Reviews

Content by R MacGregor

R MacGregor (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Cole & Bright Solar Sandstone Post Lights (2 Pieces)
Cole & Bright Solar Sandstone Post Lights (2 Pieces)
Offered by Longacres Garden Centre

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 24 Dec 2014
Good, not great.

The plastic for the plastic ground spike is somewhat brittle and snaps easily. The rest of the unit however is good, though it does require a fair bit of light to charge it - dull winter days often result in no light at all.

Integral LED ILA60E27O4.6N03KHEWA E27 Edison Screw 4 Watt LED Integral LED Large Edison Screw 4.6 Watt LED 470 lm 330 Super Wide Beam Angle, Classic Globe Non-Dimmable Bulb, Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic (40W equivalent) LED bulb, 24 Dec 2014
Perfect replacement for incandescent or fluorescent bulbs. The light it casts falls in a more normal spread than most LED bulbs. Even the colour of the light feels right - I've been asked a few times where I was managing to still find incandescent bulbs.

This particular model is a 40W equivalent.

Charlie Bears - Mojito - MiniMo Collection
Charlie Bears - Mojito - MiniMo Collection
Offered by The Toychest

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little bear, 24 Dec 2014
Lovely compact little bear, to the usual Charlie Bears standard.

Netgear ProSAFE Plus Gigabit Switch with PoE and PD
Netgear ProSAFE Plus Gigabit Switch with PoE and PD

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 4 Nov 2014
I needed a gigabit switch that could be powered by PoE+ and also power other items. This does that, silently and staying cool. It performs just fine and I've got nothing bad to say about it.

ZyXEL GS1900-8HP 8 Port Desktop Gigabit Smart Managed PoE Switch
ZyXEL GS1900-8HP 8 Port Desktop Gigabit Smart Managed PoE Switch
Offered by Box Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right, 4 Nov 2014
I needed a PoE+ (802.11at) capable switch that was silent, and this does the job nicely.

This needed to sit in the kitchen (hence the silence) and power another switch in a location that had no nearby power socket. That switch had to power an another device, hence my need for PoE+. It does all of that without issue.

TeckNet® PowerZen 15000mAh USB External Battery with BLUETEK™ Technology, Mobile Phone Power Pack, High Capacity Portable Battery Charger (Dual 5V 3.4A USB Output) for Apple iPhone 5S/5C/5, iPad mini 2/1, iPad 5/4 (Lightning Cable not Provided), iPhone 4S, iPad 3/2/1; Samsung Galaxy, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets - Black
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 7 Aug 2014
A fantastic product I bought to replace a much older unit that required a non-standard charger (which had failed).

The shape and dimensions are quite usable - sized like a fat (and heavy) cellphone. It sits nicely in the cellphone pocket in my messenger bag, which makes carrying it easier.

It came almost charged, and did a fantastic job of keeping my phone and tablet charged on a 2 day trip when I'd left my wall charger behind. It does take quite a while to fully charge, but that's not unexpected given the capacity.

If you're after a portable USB power bank, one that charges from USB, this one is a good choice.

Certain Dri Anti-Perspirant, Roll-On, Prescription Strength, 1.2 oz.
Certain Dri Anti-Perspirant, Roll-On, Prescription Strength, 1.2 oz.
Offered by OTCFORYOU

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweat no more, 12 July 2014
It's not something anybody likes talking about, but I've always found I sweat excessively. No matter what antiperspirant I used within an hour, often less, my armpits would be damp. By mid-morning, well, let's say I didn't want to be raising my arms much - my shirts would be clearly wet. On bad days I'd feel the sweat running down my sides. And that's in Spring, not even Summer...

I stumbled across this product by accident, while browsing reddit. Did my research, read various reviews and decided to give it a try.

Well, the first time it was clear I should have read the instructions more carefully. That was a painful experience. However, the next day I was dry - totally dry for the first time in longer than I can remember. A little more care after that and I haven't suffered from that problem since. It still does itch if I'm overly generous in application, and sting a bit sometimes if I'm even more heavy handed than that.

However, the minor discomfort that results from my carelessness is well worth it. No matter what, my armpits and my clothes, remain dry. No longer do I feel embarrassed about the state of my clothes, and no longer do I need to replace them because of the sweat stains.

If you (too) have a sweat problem, it's worth trying. Maybe it won't work for you (in which case there are stronger products out there), but maybe it will.

Anker® 40W 5-Port High Speed Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and effective, 12 July 2014
A nice and compact 5 port charger that doesn't whine.

I did have a 4 port unit that was a US import. However that produced a horrible whine when under low load. This is a fraction of the size and totally silent. Even better, it has 5 ports so that's yet another separate USB charger I no longer need.

I can highly recommend this if you have the usual problem of far too many USB chargers and not enough power sockets.

Targus APA042UK power adapter & inverter (APA042UK)
Targus APA042UK power adapter & inverter (APA042UK)
Offered by eHome

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 4 July 2014
Note: I had the EU model shipped, but with a separate UK power cord included in addition.

I bought this so I could have something less bulky than the stock power supply for when I'm on the go. That it has a (2.1A) USB charger built in is a nice bonus. All the cables are fully detachable, which makes it even easier to transport than I'd expected.

If you're after a spare power supply for your laptop then you should give it a look.

Brabantia Ice Water Ironing Board, Size C, 124 x 45 cm - with Solid Steam Unit Holder
Offered by U Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and well built, 12 Jun 2014
I bought this to go with a new heavy duty steam generator iron. My old ironing board clearly couldn't handle the weight of it, so I bought this one.

This however, is a beast. It's big, and it's heavy and it can go quite high (but also sits happily at a sensible height). After a few months there's no signs that the weight of the iron is causing any issues. The board itself is long enough to avoid having to adjust trousers and the likes too,

The only complaint is the cover - sometimes it looks like the items I'm ironing are marked, when it's only the fake water drops on the cover showing through.

Page: 1 | 2