Profile for Mr. O. Couldwell > Reviews

Content by Mr. O. Couldwell

Mr. O. Couldwell (Sheffield)

The Family Jewels
The Family Jewels
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.88

5.0 out of 5 stars The Family Jewels, and Jewels they are!, 17 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Family Jewels (Audio CD)
I bought this album today on impulse after hearing 'Oh No!', 'Hollywood' and 'Mowgli's Road' which are my personal favourites. Marina's voice is like a mix between Kate Bush (Mowgli's Road) and Florence Welch (Rootless), but is also very unique. When Marina first appeared, I didn't like her unusual voice, but now I get it. The whole album is very Alice in Wonderland-ish and almost cartoon-like (see 'Oh No!') Buy this album and you will not regret it! An unusual mix of pop and alternative with abstract qualities, it really is a must for any CD collection.

FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE Lungs Music Poster
FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE Lungs Music Poster

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good poster for a great artist!, 26 May 2011
I bought this poster as I collect music posters for musicians I like and this one is a great addition to my collection!

IMELDA MAY UK Tour 2009 - Framed Original Advert
IMELDA MAY UK Tour 2009 - Framed Original Advert

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK product., 26 May 2011
I bought this print for Imelda May's 'Love Tattoo' tour in the hope that it would display the Buxton date, however it was not shown when I received the product. The photo of the product on the buying page was too small and I could not tell whether the date I wanted was on it. When the print arrived, the print itself was tiny compared to the frame. I ended up using the frame for something else instead! I'm going to ebay next time.

Light After Dark
Light After Dark
Price: 4.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!, 26 May 2011
This review is from: Light After Dark (Audio CD)
Clare Maguire's 'Light After Dark' is mesmerising. Her vocals are flawless and extremely powerful. The lyrics on all the songs have powerful messages and the production is great. My favourite track is 'The Shield And The Sword', closely followed by 'Ain't Nobody' and 'The Happiest Pretenders'. I simply do not understand all the harsh reviews this album has been given. Clare has obviously put a lot of effort and emotion into the writing and she needs to be more appreciated in the charts. 'Light After Dark' is a quality album that I listen to frequently and I hope I can get to see her live someday. Let's hope Clare gets the attention she deserves with this fantastic album.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2011 9:04 AM BST