Profile for Mr. J. H. Williams > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. H. Williams

Mr. J. H. Williams "jonaganggang" (Norfolk UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Collins Leadership A4 Week to View Diary for 2015 - Graphite
Collins Leadership A4 Week to View Diary for 2015 - Graphite
Offered by AbbeyShake

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 15 Jan. 2015
Very disappointed, so 'graphite' means 'flimsy plastic' could have bought this in poundstretcher

Down Where The Spirit Meets The Bone
Down Where The Spirit Meets The Bone

1.0 out of 5 stars What happened to this beautiful woman, there's a band playing, 19 Oct. 2014
What happened to this beautiful woman, there's a band playing, a producer producing but all I hear is a tired and sad old voice. I've loved Lucinda since I can remember but the last few outings have been very trying.

Lord Forgive Me... but I was a (Business) Bullshit Consultant
Lord Forgive Me... but I was a (Business) Bullshit Consultant

5.0 out of 5 stars Been there and lived this, hilarious, 16 Sept. 2014
I read this in a couple of sittings, it's not often I laugh out loud at books but this really got me at times. Anyone who's worked with consultants (god knows I've seen enough in the NHS) will recognise these moments. Bunko writes in a fluid 'just got to tell you this story' sort of way, that has you reading with a smile on your face.

To Kill A Mockingbird
To Kill A Mockingbird

5.0 out of 5 stars A gentle moving story that you don't want to end, 14 Aug. 2014
I have awarded 5 stars because I feel this beautiful prosaic masterpiece is faultless.

Written through the bright spirited eyes of a 8 year old girl adds the perfect dimension to the book as it gently questions our ethic and moral codes as well as capturing the spirit of youth

I loved it

A Wanted Man (Jack Reacher, Book 17)
A Wanted Man (Jack Reacher, Book 17)

4.0 out of 5 stars Comic book brilliance, 4 Jan. 2014
If I'd relied upon the reviews I read here about this book I would probably not have read it. However I did because I know I can rely upon Lee Child more than I can upon those who start their reviews with 'I've been reading the Reacher books for years but...'

I loved it, it cracks along at a pace with neat character interplay and our grumpy old hero suitably drawn in to a web of intrigue. What more could you ask for. Thank you Lee.

Worth Dying For (Jack Reacher, Book 15)
Worth Dying For (Jack Reacher, Book 15)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good old fashioned adventure, 17 Nov. 2013
I decided to write, albeit briefly, because I really enjoyed this book and if I had listened to the reviews here I could well have decided not to. I've read all the Jack teacher books in a relatively short period of time and one of the things I find interesting is how Lee Child manages to develop an aging character who has been so utterly invincible. Here I think Reacher becomes like a 'Clint Eastwood' type hero, adrift now for so long that he becomes less and less in touch with the world. Setting the story in the bleak surroundings of Nebraska adds hugely to the cowboy vigilante style as our hero gets drawn into a poo peculiarly isolated and victimised community.

I really enjoyed it. Don't be put off

Way Up On The Hill
Way Up On The Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars Full Heart Music, 2 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Way Up On The Hill (Audio CD)
I love this, whatever they did to make this album, it resonates like four people who are really in touch with what they want to do and the songs are genuine, strong and emotional. what ever they do after this, it's a hell of a benchmark!

Betraying the NHS: Health Abandoned
Betraying the NHS: Health Abandoned

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading and ill-informed, 31 May 2012
Mr Mandelstam delivers an individual and essentially ill informed account of events born of personal interest. At a time when the NHS has been dramatically changed by the Health Bill 2012 it is a shame that publications such as this are given the credibility of publication!

Captivity
Captivity
by Lander Hawes

5.0 out of 5 stars A Topic of our Time, 9 May 2012
This review is from: Captivity (Paperback)
Celebrity existence is explored but not to entertain or scandalise us. How refreshing! The main character, Josh, is in the process of adjusting to his recent wealth and fame and we feel it in his daily reflection or mundane routines. The question is can he retain his wholeness? The characters fill out in a plot that flashes back in time and Josh's day to day perception of reality is captured in simple but powerful images which may just be a window. As well as enjoying rich language, crafted paragraphs at times hit the reader with repetition like waves reaching the shore line and Lander Hawes 'take on life' is conveyed. For me the ending embraces life but what about you? Elaine Rowlands.

Displacing The Priest
Displacing The Priest

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't hesitate!, 30 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Displacing The Priest (Audio CD)
Like the previous reviewer, I bought this when it came out and I've loved it ever since. I'm searching to buy it for friends rather than sending them CD copies because this guy deserves the money, he's an absolute gem and this is a timeless work of genius, thank you.

Page: 1 | 2