Profile for JC > Reviews

JC (Edinburgh, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good build quality and good fit., 30 July 2012
This is a well made leather wallet, including a plastic case inside which provides a very snug and secure fit with the phone. All ports and switches are accessible, and the pattern makes it less likely you'll lose the phone. As you can see from the photo the clasp hangs down over the top of phone, a minor drawback, but it doesn't obscure the screen display just the Samsung logo, so not really a problem. Offers good protection at a reasonable price.

Natural Dreams: Music for Relaxation 10 Cd Box Set
Natural Dreams: Music for Relaxation 10 Cd Box Set
Offered by Zest for Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value - my favourite relaxing sounds, 25 April 2012
I bought this in one of the discount shops, not on Amazon, but I think it's amazing value. Amazon Odyssey is probably my favourite album in the set, but the music quality across the albums is wonderful. No singing, which I find makes the albums more relaxing. This is all the relaxation music you'll need.

Amazon Odyssey - Music for Relaxation
Amazon Odyssey - Music for Relaxation
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Really relaxing and melodic, 25 April 2012
I got this as part of a bargain 10 CD set, and for me this album stands out. It's great company when I'm working and studying.

Proxima Direct® USB to Midi Cable Keyboard to PC Laptop Adapter - For Win 7, XP Vista Mac Plug and Play
Offered by Proxima Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me., 6 Jun. 2011
Maybe I was lucky but this worked straightaway for me - Yamaha PSR-410 keyboard, Ubuntu Linux 64 bit, Acer PC. At this price, it's excellent value. Given that even with Yamaha's own cable some people seem to have had problems, I'm very pleased.

Mobs, Messiahs, and Markets: Surviving the Public Spectacle in Finance and Politics (Agora Series)
by William Bonner

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag, 31 May 2011
I am definitely a fan of Mr Bonner and his newsletter, 'The Daily Reckoning', but I'd agree that this book doesn't really add value to what you can get online. It's good, and while parts of it I disagree with, on the whole it's stimulating and interesting, I just don't think it's worth a read if you're online.

PURE ONE Elite Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio - White
PURE ONE Elite Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound quality and solid build., 31 May 2011
This is not a cheap radio, but it's good value for money. The radio feels solid and sound quality and reception for me was excellent. The controls are very easy to use and the display is nice and bright. I only use it with the supplied mains adaptor, so the price of the chargepak is not an issue. In my experience all Pure DAB radios work well, and this is no exception.

Help It Along
Help It Along
Offered by BestSellerRecordshop

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back, 15 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Help It Along (Audio CD)
I remember this recording from the 70s and hearing it still makes me smile and happy. It's uplifting and bright, and catchy tunes. It isn't Cliff's greatest album, but it has a simplicity that lasts.

The RSC Shakespeare: The Complete Works
The RSC Shakespeare: The Complete Works
by William Shakespeare

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, 15 Sept. 2008
This is a gorgeous book to hold. The print quality is just right, and the all time master of the English language shines through. The footnotes don't alway's hit the right balance, between excess and shortage, but are never intrusive. It is still amazing to me that this man, from so long ago, in such a different age and circumstance, without the advantages we enjoy, should still stand unparalleled as the greatest writer in English with depth, insight and poetry dripping constantly from the mouths of his dramatic creations. If you baulk at the price, by all means enjoy a cheaper copy, there'll be some in your nearby charity shop, but this edition is well worth it to me.

Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets
Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets
by Nassim Taleb

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterclass, 5 Oct. 2007
I've not finished reading this yet, but am impressed by the intelligence and clarity of this book. It clarifies and explains how chance can affect outcomes, and is a great antidote to wishful, lazy or magical thinking. An intellectual but unpretentious read which will reward a slight effort with understanding. Highly recommended.

Everlasting Light Bulbs: How Economics Illuminates the World
Everlasting Light Bulbs: How Economics Illuminates the World
by John Kay

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 5 Oct. 2007
A shallow and superficial skimming of assorted issues. I didn't read it from cover to cover but dipped into it and learnt nothing. It read like idle speculation and lazy thinking with little insight, and despite it's brevity not much clarity or wit. I'm returning my copy.

Page: 1 | 2