Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Wicked Socker Swords
Wicked Socker Swords
Price: 10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun..., 9 April 2014
This review is from: Wicked Socker Swords (Toy)
until, as with nearly every inflatable toy we have, the cat punctured it. I'm sure it is fixable if I had the time. Aside from clawing cats, they are pretty fun and the material is pretty hard wearing.

Where'd You Go, Bernadette
Where'd You Go, Bernadette
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 9 April 2014
I really enjoyed this one about a mother who does fit into suburbia and disappears, along with her daughter's quest to find him. An unusual twist and easy to identify with the mother. I like the way it is written and is not the typical book. I'd like to read more by this author.

The Big Bang Theory - Season 1-6 [DVD] [2013]
The Big Bang Theory - Season 1-6 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Johnny Galecki
Price: 24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Friends with geeks ;-), 9 April 2014
Actually it is much better than friends (which I also really enjoyed) with loveable and not-so loveable, humerous characters. It is so funny to see the in-department battles at the university, their attempts to find love (or even finding love without wanting to). Just so rich and funny. I love it, people I work with love it, my 13 and 8 year old daughters love it (although it could be considered a bit innapropriate for the 8 year old but since she wants to be a scientist ....) and their friends love it.

The series are all good and get richer and richer as characters are added as it goes through.

Guinness World Records 2014
Guinness World Records 2014
by Guinness World Records
Price: 18.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Its the guinness world records, 9 April 2014
If you have a child who's not that interested in reading, I think they will always appreciate a book like this that you can dive into and has fascinating facts without having to read too much. But despite this it will broaden their vocabularly. Not up my street for reading to children, but we've bought 3 of these for our children over the years at around age 8/9 and they've always spent hours pouring through it.

My 42 year old brother in law is equally fascinated so I may have just solved his birthday present, as no-one will buy this for him and he's not allowed to buy it for himself. Definitely one for kids of all ages.

Vikings: Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Vikings: Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Travis Fimmel
Price: 16.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, amazing characters and quite gruesome - just what you want from your viking, 9 April 2014
I really enjoyed this and even though you are watching from the side of the vikings, you do realise what bloody and vicioius people they were... The series is quite graphic and it certainly does deserve its rating. I love the title music and imagery at the beginning of the DVD. I think I could watch just that bit alone. Thankfully the content and story line does ensure that I watch further.

I'm not sure if it is very historically accurate but I just don't care. I got into this on a long haul flight and bought it. I think my teenage daughter and I must have the same taste in men as we both fell for the charms of the main character ;-) The hairdressing department for this series must have had a lot of fun braiding and beading not only hair and beards. Very impressive and wonderful location. Makes you want to live there if you weren't so susceptible to having your head cut off.

Cannot recommend enough. It is definitely one for a darkened room and booming speakers.

Please make more soon....

The Moaning of Life: The Worldly Wisdom of Karl Pilkington
The Moaning of Life: The Worldly Wisdom of Karl Pilkington
Price: 2.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy and light reading, 9 April 2014
Nothing too taxing. Kind of funny and certainly you can only feel sorry for his girlfriend by the end of this.

Lego: Crazy Action Contraptions (Klutz)
Lego: Crazy Action Contraptions (Klutz)
by Doug Stillinger
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book and good value for money, 9 April 2014
Lots of nice lego bits for exploring how machines work. Fun and easy to follow instructions. Highly recommended and very entertaining.

Modern Family - Season 1-4 [DVD]
Modern Family - Season 1-4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ed O'Neill
Price: 34.36

5.0 out of 5 stars I really do love this series, 9 April 2014
I think maybe you need to have children to appreciate it but it is very funny even if it could be classed as stereo typing. The thing I like most is that you can probably identify quite well with the characters. Larger than life. My only criticism is that even buying 4 seasons on box set, it just wasn't enough and left me wanting more.

The Superhero Starter Kit (Klutz Chicken Socks)
The Superhero Starter Kit (Klutz Chicken Socks)
by Klutz
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful fun, 9 April 2014
I've bought two of these for 4-5 year olds who love super heros. The masks were a particular hit. I think this is good value for money and very inspiring. The only problem was trying to remind my son that he couldn't really fly no matter how tempting it looked to jump off his sister's bunk bed with the kit on.

Very fun and very amusing. You'll need some elastic for the eye masks.

Mens Star Wars Storm Trooper Lounge Pants (Medium)
Mens Star Wars Storm Trooper Lounge Pants (Medium)
Offered by Blackstars - Little Character

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality not so great, 9 April 2014
The material is quite cheap and I don't think they will wear well. I didn't really like them when I received them and they don't really have a great deal of style.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7