Profile for Matt The Mad Christian Music Fan > Reviews

Content by Matt The Mad C...

Matt The Mad Christian Music Fan

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Bionic Woman - Complete [DVD] [1975]
The Bionic Woman - Complete [DVD] [1975]
Dvd ~ Lindsay Wagner

5.0 out of 5 stars first class 70s TV to say the least, 8 July 2015
I am chuffed my Dad informed me of all the series he watched as a kid. I'm increasingly appaulled at the disgusting stuff on modern TV. So much foul mouthed, smutty, rubbish that I have no time for! I can't figure out what has happened with shows and am just glad shows like The Equalizer and Voyage to the bottom of the sea can still be enjoyed on DVD. Back when stuff still boasted good to brilliant actors and also many decent moral elements that make you think. And brains were used to create effects, rather than stupid computers.
And then we come to the rather brilliantly cool The Bionic Woman. Well what can I say? For a start Lindsay Wagner is a fine actress and no mistake. She's instantly adorable as the bionic woman. She's been well served by brilliant storylines and no over the top unbelievable action. Some times a little predictability may flare, but still its never unenjoyable and great to watch. This is yet another awesome show that relies more on decent plots than effects. Some may call it dated but not me. I call it totally brilliant TV. I love the falsely labelled weaker sex kick nutters out!
There's not even a dull episode either, another trait of the series of the 60s 70s and 80s. They were fast paced and gripping and full to the brim of action, adventure, mystery and suspense together with believable, and likeable good guys against brilliantly portrayed psycho villains! And it helps that Lindsay is so good in the lead role. There's nothing so cool as watching a woman push down trees, split rocks and jump high storey buildings!! For me, reliance on story rather than smut and foul language is a plus point every time!
The Bionic Woman is a blast of a series with so many varied tales so that it never is blatantly repetitive and boring. This is the standard of TV that today criminally lacks. and the good guys are good and the bad bad. Not a load of grey muck that is 99% of modern rubbish. I'd always give the post 2000s a miss and tune in to bionic, voyage, equalizer, Dr who, little house on the prairie, highway to heaven any day of the year! I just love the Bionic Woman!!!

Lost in Worship : Voices of Worship (UK Import)
Lost in Worship : Voices of Worship (UK Import)
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars real worship, 24 April 2015
This is a beautiful real worship album. The three girls here are blessed with special voices. They really ease the stone weary soul. These may be familiar worship tunes but the girls deliver them like sweets to a child. They are so reverant and moving. There are no weak tracks. Their are only lovely arrangements and vocals. Michelle Tumes delivers one of her most soul melting vocals on Outrageous Grace. That is the pinnacle of the record for me. But Christine's once again is also intensely moving. And Susan shines on I believe in You. I am blessed to have this album in my collection.

Welcome Inn: A Phil Keaggy Christmas
Welcome Inn: A Phil Keaggy Christmas
Offered by Havering Christian Bookshop

5.0 out of 5 stars not commercial, 24 April 2015
I delight in non secular seasonal albums. This wonderful album of Phil's is not your usual seasonal recording. It has no crud on it for a start. No santy claws or elves or Christmas trees. No just the real meaning for the season. No commerciality run amok either. Just gentle acoustic prowess that is joy to hear and revel in. There are no weak moments on this lovely record. Its plain joyous stirring stuff!!!!!

The Ultimate Collection - Love Song
The Ultimate Collection - Love Song

3.0 out of 5 stars not a true ultimate collection, 24 April 2015
As this collection doesn't feature any of the ccm giants like mark heard. Terry Taylor. Ashley Cleveland. Phil keaggy. I could go on. And these guys truly did know how to write love songs. So I can't rate this collection very very highly. Its far from being an ultimate love song album. There are very special songs like Geoff Moore and the distance's if you could see and twila Paris's gorgeous how beautiful but there's even plenty of better love songs from all the artists on this collection. Addictive Love would have better highlighted bebe and CeCe's soulful devotions too I feel. And I feel Steve Curtis Chapman's echoes of eden is one of his best love songs and its not on here. Give me Mercy of the flame by mark heard or oh sweet companion by terry Taylor then you'd be talking. And give me I could learn to love you by Ashley Cleveland too. Now there are powerful devotion songs.
There are not any terrible songs here but they just could have picked even better love oriented song....like Petra's love too...where did that get to!? So....no way is this the ultimate collection of Christian love songs....not by any means....

Crimson & Blue
Crimson & Blue
Offered by thebookcommunity

5.0 out of 5 stars knocks them beatles for six hundred million, 23 April 2015
This review is from: Crimson & Blue (Audio CD)
I can't stand all secular music. The king of all secular music I detest the most is those absolutely overrated twaddle Beatles. I can't stand their same sounding repetitive garbage. Cue insults from other reviewers but note the fact this is just my opinion. I have no time for songs that don't glorify God. That's all (yes I won't buy even Phil's mainstream records either)
In my own opinion Phil outshines those Beatles in every department. I frankly don't know why he's done so much of their stuff himself. He is so much more of a songwriter and performer and producer. He beats them 100000000000000000000 nil .
If Crimson and blue is beatlesque....oh boy. At least its songs are relevant and insightful and moving. Everything those Beatles will never be to me. There is better arrangements. Better singing. Better God focus and better delivery. So much of the songs on here are in my pantheon of favourite songs. love Divine is short but truly sharp. Reunion of Friends is a wonderful song of the bonds we should all value more. doin' nothing is total truth of the state of the modern world. And the reverance of Phil's guitar on nothing but the blood is so worshipful and moving its incredible...
Phil's take on Phil Madiera's classic everywhere I look is superb too. A real statement of my faith too. Its like he's got inside my head and written my heart. The frankness of don't pass me by is like the power of Mark Heard tool. Yes. Phil is better than the dullards* sorry the Beatles in every department!!!!!

True Believer
True Believer

5.0 out of 5 stars true beauty on cd, 23 April 2015
This review is from: True Believer (Audio CD)
Wow man. Phil is so diverse in his sounds. But he always owns a lyrical talk that moves me very much. Here is yet another deeply pleasing trove of pure delight of worship for God!! But don't think that the word worship is derogatory here...it so isn't. This is a more worshipful Phil with more of the moving tunefulness of Daniel Amos or mark heard. There are seriously penetrating songs here. The Survivor is astoundingly beautiful and knife cutting. One of Phils very very best songs I believe. And celticrock never sounded as cool as it did on Be Thou my Vision!! This album is seriously lovely to say the least. It still boasts Phil's beautiful guitar work. It may be totally different in style to crimson and blue but its so soul filling....

Phil Keaggy & Sunday's Child
Phil Keaggy & Sunday's Child
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars all the greats together, 23 April 2015
Two things one has to know about me. I love Phil keaggy and I love mark heard. Get an album with both these musical behemoths and you're bound to end up with something truly special. Oh and there's Russ taff and Jimmie Lee sloas as to add to the mix too. Talk about a gathering. Of Phil's more rock edged albums this is one of the giants. No programming in sight. Just one hundred percent talent from start to finish. Lyrically its ruddy strong too. Mark wrote two of the tracks here too. And boy does Phil do them the justice they deserve. Lynn Nichols must be thanked for his approach to production. This is classy rock with meaty content for those who like the deeper thinker kind of songs. This is a great ride. I Always Do is one of my all time favourite songs in the whole of time and space and music too. That Mark Heard didn't half impact my life massively you know.....and Phil honoured his memory by recording his songs as he has over the years.....

Ten Stories
Ten Stories
Offered by tws-music-eu

5.0 out of 5 stars a brilliant offering, 23 April 2015
This review is from: Ten Stories (Audio CD)
I was glad to pick up rick Elias. For the simple reason that this is a guy who knows how to mix proper production of rock with mark heard strength lyrics. This is one heck of an offering from this talented man. And the rock is blistering and brilliant and has a punch that is sadly lacking from most run of the mill Christian artists of today. This is the sort of album with something resonant at its core. And Rick also has the perfect vocal pitch for awesome delivery. This is a honest brilliant piece of rock to the core.

Majesty & Wonder Instrumental
Majesty & Wonder Instrumental

5.0 out of 5 stars the meaning of the season, 23 April 2015
This album is a stunning instrumental record. The real true meaning of Christmas rings from this simply flowing like water melodic offering by Phil. I am seriously getting to love this guys heart for gentle acoustic beauty. The carols presented here just ease and relax and once again that angel Michelle Tumes adds her vocal ability to an already succulent offering. I love this album very much indeed. The arrangements on Hearth and Home and Silent Night are formidable. But every track lifts the soul and medicates the worn spirit. A delightful offering of musical wonder.

Small Sacrifice
Small Sacrifice

5.0 out of 5 stars twila is always reliable, 23 April 2015
This review is from: Small Sacrifice (Audio CD)
I am absolutely over the edge of the cliff with Twila's consistency of soul stirring albums. It continues with this sublime record. It isn't overproduced. Its not smarmy. Its just a sweet welcome to the lovely Lord Jesus!!! She is just so reliably lovely in her words and melodies. Every album is a treasure. This is simple praise as it should be. Michelle Times backing vocals too add yet another dimension of gorgeous to an already wonderful record.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3