Profile for E. Moffatt > Reviews

moranthology
moranthology
by Caitlin Moran

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely hilarious, 21 Sept. 2012
This review is from: moranthology (Hardcover)
Saying that I've laughed a lot reading this book is an understatement, even if you have read the columns before the italicised commentary is brilliant, so, hush. When I first opened the book I was in a generic coffee shop and two people stopped me and asked why I was laughing so hard, another moved away from me... So it goes.

Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes
Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless, 30 Dec. 2011
I love every aspect of this cookbook, every recipe is tasty, healthy and filling. It's exactly what it says on the label and I couldn't criticize it even if I wanted to!

PETA's Vegan College Cookbook
PETA's Vegan College Cookbook
by Sourcebooks Inc

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a terrible cookbook..., 30 Dec. 2011
... I mean seriously, it's terrible. I gave it a try, but no tweaking or anything would save half of this stuff and that's mainly because you're not actually cooking. All of the recipes are targeted at vegan "students", like myself, and from that they need to be cheap, simple and easy - this they achieve* but they are not healthy at all.
If I were to advise someone considering buying this I would tell them to just go buy "Please Don't Feed The Bears" instead, it's equally simple but it's got the added bonus of actually being a decent cookbook full of healthy and interesting recipes.

*If you're in the US

Daisy
Daisy

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Daisy., 8 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Daisy (Audio CD)
As a big Brand New fan my anticipation for this release was undeniable, from the moment I heard/saw `Gasoline' and `Bought a Bride' performed live I knew that my expectations would be met with `Daisy' and that (as most Brand New albums are) it would be a step in a new direction.
What I love about this release is that it challenges me as a Brand New fan, there are moments when it is difficult to listen to the album and to appreciate it, you NEED to listen to it through from `Vices' to `Noro'. This isn't like `The Devil and God are Raging Inside of Me' where single songs stand alone well and seem to dominate the album. With `Daisy' it is the collective album that works so well and (in my extremely biased opinion) is a masterpiece and it needs to be listened to as a whole to be appreciated.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2009 8:10 PM GMT

Breaking Dawn: Twilight, Book 4 (Twilight Saga)
Breaking Dawn: Twilight, Book 4 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer

4.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the feedback, 5 Aug. 2008
There has already been so much bad feedback for this book, but there is also so much good. Before I say what I think I feel that you should just buy the book, make your OWN decision. Other people's feelings towards a book shouldn't decide whether somebody buys a book or not.
I loved Breaking Dawn. Possibly my favourite of the saga. S Meyer's humour really comes through in Breaking Dawn, I laughed my way through it. The previous book seemed a little too serious for me and I loved the humour in Breaking Dawn. It did get annoying at times, but I wouldn't want it any other way. People take Bella and Edward WAY too seriously, those are the people who can't appreciate the humour in Breaking Dawn.
I loved the storyline, it shocked me repeatedly, I truely don't think i've ever gasped so much in my life.

Let's Get Lost (Bite)
Let's Get Lost (Bite)
by Sarra Manning

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read but.., 13 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Let's Get Lost (Bite) (Paperback)
Okay so I did like the book. However, it took me a long time to get into it.
I started the book and wasn't too into it. I'm not the type of girl that Isabel is and deffinatly had trouble relating to her. I kept reading because I wanted to give it a chance. At the beginning of chapter 5 it refers to Modest Mouse which kept me reading from that point.
But it did get pretty good. It's not one of the greatest books i've read in my life and it's deffinatly not life changing. But it is a good read.

I Lick My Cheese And Other Notes...: . . . From the Frontline of Flatsharing
I Lick My Cheese And Other Notes...: . . . From the Frontline of Flatsharing
by Oonagh O'Hagan

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Christmas Present, 25 Dec. 2007
I got this today (Christmas) and I havent stopped laughing since I opened it.
There are some crazy notes in there and is a really entertaining book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2008 7:20 PM BST

Spies
Spies
by Michael Frayn

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money I didn't pay for it., 25 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Spies (Paperback)
I'm working on this book for my AS level and to be quite frank it's dreadful. I honestly can't believe that Frayn was aware of all the meanings he supposidly wrote about in this book because it's so badly done. Nothing about the plot is subtle and how it was going to end was horribly obvious from very early in the book.
Stephen is an annoying character who narrates the book from his younger point of view and elder and he always gets confused about everything, this makes him seem unreliable and along with his admiration for Keith he just aggrivated me.

HOWEVER
The book is probably a good read for younger readers, but as an A Level text? No way.

And as for giving it a 'star rating' im dissapointed to see there isn't a 0 option.

Just Listen
Just Listen
by Sarah Dessen

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Just Listen (Paperback)
When I bought this book I was extremely sceptical about wether I would enjoy it, I wasn't sure it was my thing. However I absolutly loved it. I read it in one go and loved every minute of it and Im still shocked at how much I enjoyed it. Im going to recommend this book to all of my friends because I really felt it was a good read.