Profile for ryan durbin > Reviews

Dvd ~ Bruce Willis
Offered by Discs4all
Price: 10.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase., 2 Feb 2014
Die Hard is one of my favorite movies, as this was on offer for 10 I could not resist the purchase. Its a great set and even better for not including A Good Day To Die Hard.

Back to the Future Trilogy [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Back to the Future Trilogy [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Michael J. Fox
Price: 13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 2 Feb 2014
In my favorites of all time, and a bargain at the low price can watch them time and time again. Great pic/sound/extras.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy, 2 Feb 2014
Like many reviewers I was dubious of buying a phone for 100. I took the plunge knowing if it really was that bad I could send it back within 14 days. I need not have worried though!.

i did not purchase from Amazon but from e**y because of positive reviews and promise of fast shipping. Ordered on a Sunday and it arrived on Wednesday Royal mail tracked, the box looks very professional and included 2 batteries a standard back cover and gel case along with a plastic cover with screen protector (there is also a screen protector fitted on the glass).

The phone itself seems robust compared to my galaxy s2 it was replacing. It is a lot faster too. Play store was ready to go and I had no trouble loading my Apps up. Wifi is as good if not better than my S2 and I had no problem watching netflix on 3G or wifi.

I had ran out of contract and had gone for the monthly One plan on 3 as it includes unlimited tethering which is great for my laptop or Nexus 7 when away from the house, as I was waiting for my number to transfer I took advantage of the dual sim feature for a few days and It was very simple to setup.

I honestly cannot fault this phone in the week i have been testing it and rarely feel the need to review a product but feel more people need to know about this phone. Why spend 3-4 times this amount for a Note 2 when this is available is beyond me, if it lasts 12 months I will be happy to upgrade to whatever has taken its place and feel I have had my monies worth and then some.

HDMI TO VGA with Audio Converter Cable Adapter for PC Desktops Laptops Power-Free, Raspberry Pi, MHL support - Black
Offered by CableMac
Price: 6.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Great, 27 Dec 2013
Used it on my sons ps3 with a 21" monitor, it worked a treat and saved me having to buy a new TV for his bedroom.

Let the Devil Sleep (Dave Gurney 3)
Let the Devil Sleep (Dave Gurney 3)
by John Verdon
Price: 5.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Good until the end., 20 Nov 2013
A frustrating read as it is very good until the end where it feels like a different author has finished the book, I lost it when Dave Gurney had his mobile phone shot out of his hand from 10ft with a desert eagle without even loosing a finger, let alone his hand. It gets worse after that.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not ready yet., 14 Nov 2013
I bought this box with only one purpose in mind, streaming from a Chrome tab to my TV without the need to plug a HDMI cable into the TV every time. This dongle seemed to good to be true, unfortunatly it is just that. Setup was almost painless but it did struggle to get seen on my network, but was OK after a few refreshes. Anyway down to business and I my first favorite flash sport site was ready to 'cast' - It' worked fine, picture was lovely but the flash window that was showing in my browser tab was just a grey box on the TV - 1st fail.

Anyway, the main purpose I wanted this was so I could stream Sky Go in the back room for Sunday footie. It worked fine however as a soon as I 'cast' the stream became laggy and jerky on the TV. I'm guessing you need a high end PC to do this, mine is only a year old quad core and 4gig of Ram so not exactly slow, i'm also on 120mb broadband.
Also the Chromecast itself gets very very hot, no too sure if thats a good thing for a small device. Anyway mines already going back.

The box says you can stream ANY web video , this device maybe ok when it gets opened up, for now its just poor.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2013 2:07 PM GMT

7dayshop AERO 7 Active Noise Cancelling Headphones with Aeroplane Kit and Travel Case
Offered by 7dayshop Limited (VAT Registered)
Price: 43.00

5.0 out of 5 stars They really work., 22 Sep 2013
Was dubious about this purchase but these headphones really work and cut out 80% of background noise in my workplace, the case is great too.

Monacor 1.5m Stereo Headphone with 3.5mm Plug (80mW, 20-20000Hz)
Monacor 1.5m Stereo Headphone with 3.5mm Plug (80mW, 20-20000Hz)
Offered by The-AV-Shop
Price: 20.44

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor fit, 25 April 2013
Sound is ok but the headphones do not sit right, they are ok if you position them but drop down slightly below the ear when walking/cycling so the sound is playing into your neck. best avoided.