Profile for Mr. Colin J. Todd > Reviews

Content by Mr. Colin J. Todd

Mr. Colin J. Todd (england)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Bride That Time Forgot
The Bride That Time Forgot
by Paul Magrs

5.0 out of 5 stars Ever better, 17 May 2011
It's hard to find a series of fiction books that continue to be as good as the first. It's by far harder to find that each get so much better than the previous ones, and this is one of those rare examples. The characters gain more depth than ever, and you get to know, and care for them ever more. I can't wait for the next book!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish I'd bought a brand I knew, 24 Feb. 2011
Had this a few months and now it has stopped playing region 1 DVDs. It will play region 2s but I bought it to play my american discs. It was never very good from the start to be honest but as time went on, and not hevely used too, it became less and less able to play my region 1 discs. A friend thinks it could be a soft wear problems as well as being poor quality. Do not buy this as it is a waste of time and money.

Hell's Belles (Brenda 4)
Hell's Belles (Brenda 4)
by Paul Magrs

5.0 out of 5 stars Hell's Best!, 6 Feb. 2011
Hell's Bells is the best so far of these fantastic books. It starts off at a cracking pace and ends up going like a bat out of hell! It has some great bits of back story for many of the gang which really adds depth and understanding. No need to ask if i'll be getting Brenda 5!

I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue: Chairman Humph - A Tribute (BBC Audio)
I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue: Chairman Humph - A Tribute (BBC Audio)
by BBC

4.0 out of 5 stars A treasure is lost, 13 Jan. 2011
It was nice to hear the many thoughts from thouse who knew him well and learn more of the man behind the grump! I also agree that he changed the face of chairing a comedy panel show forever, just look at them all now, taking the mick out of their own show and showing bordom which Humph was the first and the best.

Journey into Space: The Return from Mars (BBC Radio Collection)
Journey into Space: The Return from Mars (BBC Radio Collection)
by Charles Chilton
Edition: Audio Cassette

3.0 out of 5 stars don't make this your first Journey into Space, 28 Dec. 2010
Please don't make this your first Journey into Space, listen to the radio originals first as these are the very best and very far ahead of their own time in style and message. I also have the other two recent stories, Frozen in Time and The Host which are far better than this story, so I would leave this to last of all. I give it a 3 star as it manages to produce some of the flavour of the original and the actors worked hard but all was lost with the script which doesn't relate to the original end of the third radio series at all. The story doesn't seem to go anywhere are grip the listner as the rest do. Worth it if you get it cheap but that's all

One Night Only
One Night Only
Offered by mrtopseller

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as hoped from Elton, 21 Sept. 2010
This review is from: One Night Only (Audio CD)
Recieved this as a gift which takes some of the sting out of it I guess. The show must have been gret to be at but this recording doesn't give much to the listner. I have heard other live versions of Elton and they were far better than this, which left me worried for his voice. And as for the guests least said the better. Don't think i'll be keeping this CD as too much of a let down.

Monk - Season 2 - Complete [DVD]
Monk - Season 2 - Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tony Shalhoub
Offered by Helgy

5.0 out of 5 stars Monk...a growing habit, 19 Sept. 2010
I have really grown to love this show and have bought seasons 3,4 and 5 to add to my collection. It just gets better and its not the kind of show you watch once and are happy not to bother again, because each time you see some little thing you missed the first time. I don't know anyone who doesn't like this show so give it a go it could become a habit.

Sherlock Holmes: The Death and Life
Sherlock Holmes: The Death and Life
by David Stuart Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars A life of his own, 26 July 2010
I saw this play live in Scarborough and at the time was amazed at Roger Llewellyn's ability of change from caracter to caracter with little more than a change of voice and his stance, and it was so convincing! Even after a year this play stayed in my mind's interest. Framed around Dr Doyle's hated Sherlocks's popularity and his attempts to kill him off, yet the fictional caracter has out lived his author, survived the attempts to kill him and has gone on to have 'a life of his own'in the world's imagination. Once I found out it was on a CD I snapped it up. This is a great play on CD and gives great pleasure, see it live too if you can!

Another Gay Box Set [2006] [DVD]
Another Gay Box Set [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Carbonaro

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't knock the sequel!, 3 Jun. 2010
I dont't know why so many want to kick the sequel, so it's not as good as the first. How many sequels are ever as good as the first? It crass, dirty, rude, and the 'Golden Rain' song had me in stitches and disbelief, at the same time. The box set is good value, there are hunky lads in the second and these movies were always a send up, so why judge so harshly? I also have a flame for Nico too so more please!

The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes: v. 2 (BBC Audio)
The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes: v. 2 (BBC Audio)
by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best on Radio, 24 May 2010
I have been collecting all of these BBC Radio 4 dramatisations with Clive Merrison and Michael Williams, and they are all of a consistently high quality. I have many Sherlock Holmes CDs and count these as the best.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6