Profile for Mark > Reviews

Content by Mark

Mark

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Warship (Black Fleet Trilogy, Book 1)
Warship (Black Fleet Trilogy, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A promising trilogy, 21 Jan. 2015
This is a nitty gritty military science fiction book where human bigotry has changed focus and the ship is clapt out. The main character is the captain of the ship and shows the bigotry he has to suffer before leaving dock and then has to somehow fight a clapt out ship against an alien threat all the while trying to stave off the political bigotry and ambitions of his superior.

To summarize the book is nifty gritty from the get go and gets right into it and doesn't disappoint, my only complaint is that it wasn't as a little short to my liking but a brilliant read and I look forward to the next part of the trilogy.

Real Racing 3
Real Racing 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Best choice to move from my phone to the kindle, 17 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Real Racing 3 (App)
I already had this on my iPhone and loved it I'm glad I decided to move it to my kindle HDX as it's smoother on it and easier to choose the racing lines

DIGIFLEX 3 Port HDMI 1080p Auto switch Splitter Hub Pigtail 1.3b
DIGIFLEX 3 Port HDMI 1080p Auto switch Splitter Hub Pigtail 1.3b
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job superbly, 15 Jan. 2015
Does the job superbly and automatically switches to the new input signal but beware that if you own an early 360 (old bone shape) with hdmi it may not like this bit of kit and prefer a straight connection

CSL - 1,5m HDMI to DVI (24+1 Dual Link) - High Speed (Adapter) Cable | HDTV up to 1080P / Full HD | 3D Ready | gold-plate contacts
Offered by CSL-Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 15 Jan. 2015
I bought this after my new bluray drive decided it didn't like my VGA cable and i must say that the cable does the job superbly as far as the visual aspect is concerened I can't comment on the audio side of things as I have my pc hooked up to a 5.1 surround hifi

Tenchi Muyo War on Geminar: Part 1 [Blu-ray] [1992] [US Import]
Tenchi Muyo War on Geminar: Part 1 [Blu-ray] [1992] [US Import]

4.0 out of 5 stars subs are partially wrong, 15 Jan. 2015
Funimation Screwed up with the subtitles for both lashara and maria with them both using we us and our instead of first person references with regards to themselves I'm thankful that I can replace the problem translation in my head after watching the fansub version enough to know what should be said and where.

Tenchi Muyo War on Geminar: Part 2 [Blu-ray] [1992] [US Import]
Tenchi Muyo War on Geminar: Part 2 [Blu-ray] [1992] [US Import]

4.0 out of 5 stars Subs are still wrong, 15 Jan. 2015
Funimation continue to screw up with the subtitles for both lashara and maria with them both using we us and our instead of first person references with regards to themselves I'm thankful that I can replace the problem translation in my head after watching the fansub version enough to know what should be said and where.

Tenchi Muyo Gxp - Save [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Tenchi Muyo Gxp - Save [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, 15 Jan. 2015
I can't comment on the Japanese Audio and subtitles as I watched in english online therefore i can quite happily say that on that side of things that this release is on the mark and worth the purchase and great fun to watch every time.

Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki: Classic [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki: Classic [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the purchase to complete the series, 15 Jan. 2015
It's only the remaining 7 episodes of the Ryo Ohki series (classed as an ova) but this is the one release that funimation hasn't screwed up with translation and audio glitches

Mongolian Chop Squad: Box Set [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Mongolian Chop Squad: Box Set [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

3.0 out of 5 stars Funimation royally screwed up, 15 Jan. 2015
This is a great series with good quality subs up until the greatful sound part where Funimation royally screwed up and out and out replaced the lyrics, vocals and subs to "I've got a a feeling" which well and truly peeved me off prompting me to quit out of episodes 23 and 24 to watch the fansubs which thankfully have the audio intact. This is not the first case of funimation screwing up something but it is the first case of them out and out changing the audio and subs and at a pivitol point in the anime. to this point I'm glad i held onto the fansubs I downloaded.

I even bought the soundtrack to this anime which is something that never happens unless i really like something to warrant it which also contains the unchanged audio.

http://bestanimes.tv/beck-episode-23/ go here to see the unaltered version of the song

Yorktown: Katana Krieger #1
Yorktown: Katana Krieger #1

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent military science fiction, 30 Dec. 2014
This book is perfect for those who want combat and physics to a believable standard basing of today's tech, however the jump/FTL method does sit a little unconventionaly. The plot itself is well written and is based in a believable universe that has a convincing back story to it. There are a few grammar errors throughout the book but nothing worth worrying over.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7