Profile for L. Mccaulder > Reviews

Content by L. Mccaulder

L. Mccaulder (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Easy Thai Cookbook: The Step-by-step Guide to Deliciously Easy Thai Food at Home (Easy Cookbooks)
by Sallie Morris
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I find it easy to use and the recipes are, 14 July 2014
really enjoying this book. I find it easy to use and the recipes are delicious

Title Tk
Title Tk
Offered by westworld-
Price: 8.29

5.0 out of 5 stars blast from the past, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Title Tk (Audio CD)
if you love the Breeders you'll most likely love this - if you're looking for something progressive or new - then you won't. This is comfortably nostalgic

Tacx T1100 Galaxia Rollers
Tacx T1100 Galaxia Rollers
Price: 189.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great tool, 10 Feb 2014
a great too to improve balance, stamina and smoothness of pedalling technique - and thats what I wanted to say so this bit is just to comply with the word minimum!!

Pair of - Modern Chrome Touch Table Lamps with Cream Shades
Pair of - Modern Chrome Touch Table Lamps with Cream Shades
Offered by The Light Factory
Price: 22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely little lamps, 10 Feb 2014
I bought these with an amazon voucher thinking - ah well if they're no good I won't have wasted money. I was delighted to find they are just great and ideal for a bedside table

Fybogel Sachets Natural Fibre Drink 30
Fybogel Sachets Natural Fibre Drink 30
Offered by medsathomepharmacy
Price: 6.45

1.0 out of 5 stars It NOT natural, 11 Sep 2013
Look carefully at the ingredient list on the product. The fibre may be natural but it's stuffed full of horrible preservatives and artificial sweeteners. My doc actually recommended this concoction to me. Amazing. There are much much healthier ways to increase fibre in your diet

Incipio iPad 2 feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case - Black
Incipio iPad 2 feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case - Black
Offered by PADNOTE
Price: 23.18

5.0 out of 5 stars take care you know what you are buying, 11 May 2011
These Incipio feather covers - superb though they are - are NOT designed to work with an apple smart cover. They will allow you to use the cover over the screen but they decrease its sticking power and make it hard to use as a stand - especially in the upright position. It can be done but its more of a balancing act and your ipad2 will be less secure. I've ended up taking mine off for now because it fell when I was using it on a train after a bump shook the smart cover off.

The good news is Incipio have made a feather cover with cut outs in it specifically to be used with the smart cover and its already available in the USA - just not over here yet. So if you want an incipio cover - and lets face it they are the best you can get - and you want a smart cover then my advice is wait until the properly designed ones are available in the UK. A number of Amazon sellers are already allowing pre-order of them so its only a matter of time.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2011 11:17 PM BST

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PS3)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PS3)

1.0 out of 5 stars I, for one it would seem, am not sold, 29 Jun 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
yep ok I do get it - big, user friendly, great graphics etc etc But just imagine you get the most of your gaming pleasure from sharing games like this and playing along with a friend. Imagine further that the friend likes to come over and you don't just meet them online. Imagine the friend lives with you and you like to play together - cooperatively. Then Oblivion sits on the shelf while you go back to Baldur's gate and Champions (or one of the superlative lego games) - unless of course you're prepared to fork out for another console. Obviously these games I mention aren't as good for all sorts of reasons but at least you can share them with someone. This games takes away all the joy that I got from hack and slash quests by forcing me to play a first person single player game with no options. I wonder, and I ask cos I really don't know the answer, exactly how hard would it have been to include on offline coop mode?

A missed trick in my book. All the graphics in the world can't make up for the loss of the social side of cooperative games. I am desperate for another champions/baldur's gate type game but there's no sign of one coming.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2013 5:58 PM BST

Erwin Schrott Recital
Erwin Schrott Recital
Price: 7.08

5.0 out of 5 stars heavenly, 5 May 2009
This review is from: Erwin Schrott Recital (Audio CD)
I first saw Erwin playing Don Giovanni at Covent Garden and what an effect he had. Previous Dons have suffered from a slight lack of credibility given that the majority of woman do not swoon weak-kneed at the sight of a 22 stone lumberer however great his voice. Having said that though, a toned, muscled, oiled and handsome young man without an incredible bass baritone wouldn't make much of a Don either. This man has it all. The looks, the voice, the fluid strut of an animal barely concealing how dangerous it is, the acting - by the time the commendatore arrived in Act 1 I was spellbound - he has all of it. I bought this album with some tripidation because few things live up to a live performance that has left you breathless with excitment. I was not disappointed. The rich well rounded voice is there and the humour and pleasure in the music that marks Erwin out for me is clearly audible. Highly recommended for opera fans and red blooded women everywhere.

Sky DRX890 Sky+ HD Digibox 500GB
Sky DRX890 Sky+ HD Digibox 500GB
Offered by highstore
Price: 109.77

1.0 out of 5 stars sky HD box - thomson, 5 May 2009
I wish someone would explain why, when Sky decided to provide an HD service, they chose to go with a manufacturer who provided the cheap, noisy unreliable boxes instead of PACE who make the quiet reliable ones.

My story is not untypical and as it could run into chapters I will give you the highlights. I had 7 sky HD boxes in 14 months. I spent what felt like weeks speaking to poorly trained automatons at sky cutomer service who are only capable of helping you if they can crowbar you into one of their few categories of problems. If not, stuff you - they certainly won't have a sensible conversation with you. Whatever happens you will have to go, every single time, through the pointless series of checks they force you to complete whether or not you've already done them or if you know, from bitter experience, that they are irrelevant.

My sky box(es) used to fail to record about 5% of what I put in the planner with one or other technical fault - 9 and 12 were most common. It would mark about 15% of what I planned to record as RECORDED - but the programme would not play back (and no a sky planner rebuild does not work sky customer services - not even after the 10th time - and the fact that it didn't doesn't mean the customer did it wrong!) About once a week the box would freeze mid programme, turn itself off and then take anything up to half an hour to come back on. HD was great but the picture quality on any content not in HD was far poorer than the PACE box - ie the vast majority of what is on. Sky replaced the box, the dish and all the leads over those 14 months (to be fair to them the engineers were fantastic) but to no avail. And noisy?? OMG you had to turn the telly up two notches just to be able to hear it over the sky box! In the end they concluded that 'HD just doesn't work for you'. I cancelled the HD service and am back with my ultra reliable little PACE box. Thomson? rubbish! Don't touch Sky HD til they change the manufacturer of the box - thats my advice.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2013 8:38 AM BST

The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night (PS2)
The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night (PS2)
Offered by 4GamersUK
Price: 17.99

1.0 out of 5 stars BORING, 28 Jan 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Being a big Spyro fan I found this game to be another huge disappointment. Its just fighting, fighting, fighting over and over - the only difference is the background and the enemies change slightly from level to level - YAWN. When it comes to bosses there's far more chance than skill to it so why bother doing it over and over ad infinitum?And those ridiculous, restricted bounce back and fore, dodge, fire sections drove me to the point of screaming. What is the point? Spyro used to be really good fun but now its seriously annoying. And that ending? oh dear what a lack of imagination!

Page: 1 | 2