Profile for Mr. M. L. Hanford > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. L. Hanford

Mr. M. L. Hanford "MH74" (Hereford,England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
"Travel Essentials" Handy Travel Alarm Clock Convenient Size Blue Square Design
"Travel Essentials" Handy Travel Alarm Clock Convenient Size Blue Square Design
Offered by YourEverydayStuff
Price: 2.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate., 11 July 2014
Quite cheap,that's what I wanted as I've got several other items/devices that tell the time.I needed something that worked when the other things were flat or not plugged in and this is ideal,my only slight criticism is the movement is quite "loud" although having tinnitus for a few years now it's not comparable.

AMO Red Nunchuck Controller For Nintendo WII
AMO Red Nunchuck Controller For Nintendo WII
Offered by MXY
Price: 3.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay., 9 July 2014
I get/got terrible interference on my Wii and needed something to see if it could be cured and without buying an expensive official one this is adequate.

Female to Female Type A USB 2.0 Converter Adapter
Female to Female Type A USB 2.0 Converter Adapter
Offered by EXCITES
Price: 0.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay., 9 July 2014
I can't tell how good or bad it is as it was intended to connect my tablet to USB things...and my tablet has no software to deal with such things.

2 X BLACK PS4 - PS3 - XBOX ONE - XBOX 360 - Controller Rubber Thumbstick Grips Thumb Stick Grip Pads
Offered by No1 Gadget Store - FREE UK Delivery
Price: 1.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was after.., 9 July 2014
My original controller's grips have become quite flat due to sweaty thumbs etc. And I wanted something to replace the "dots" on the thumb sticks with something that that wasn't too 'permanent',these seemed to fit the bill as I didn't need to take the controller apart or use glue to stick them on.I'm not sure how hard wearing they will be but they can easily be removed/replaced,my only (minor) gripe is they're not "finished" properly and just a few seconds removing the larger bits of flash had them looking great.

The Cell 2 [DVD]
The Cell 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tessie Santiago
Offered by Leisurezone
Price: 2.82

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's the cell?, 3 April 2014
This review is from: The Cell 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Apart from a brief moment at the beginning,this has nothing,really,to do with the original film,with a couple of edits this could easily be shown on daytime television.
There is/are no cells to speak of as all the victims are tied to a chair with a box on their head!
Gone are the suits for 'diving' into the minds of the patient who was always hanging right next to them,instead we now have 'any item the recipient touched' ,much like one of those 'fake' psychics.but most noticeable is the omission of the killer's mindscape,in the original it was all stairways,oddly dissected horses,pseudo religious settings and sand dunes it's now been replaced by what looks light a nightclub corridor and some very poor CGI backgrounds,indeed most of the killer's mind looks oddly like any disused factory from any number of films.
Overall a very poor imitation of the original,even the killer's identity is shown on one of the DVD's set up pages!

Silent House [DVD]
Silent House [DVD]
Dvd ~ Elizabeth Olsen
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 3.18

2.0 out of 5 stars Worth watching.....?for the last twenty minutes., 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Silent House [DVD] (DVD)
The fact that it's one long shot and not several is more of an 'achievement' for the makers rather than the viewer,well done but not necessary.
It's a fairly brief,albeit,predictable story and only becomes 'scary' towards the end when it gets a bit more 'supernatural' ,up until then it' just one scene after another of whatsername looking terrified at noises in a dark house...what you can see.,the camera lurches round like a drunken sailor and goes out of focus so as to obscure any definite cause of the noises etc.
All in all it's worth watching once but since it has no real ending..seriously as it fades out you'll probably be thinking "yeah,and?"
It's okay but next to any cutscene in the much better Silent Hill 2 (the game,not the film) it's rather been done/seen before.

1 PCS Ni-MH AAA 3A 1350mAh 1.2V Rechargeable 1000 times Battery Hot
1 PCS Ni-MH AAA 3A 1350mAh 1.2V Rechargeable 1000 times Battery Hot

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay., 18 Feb 2014
I currently have some 600 mAh batteries which can take a while to charge,but this is charged in a few hours in my Duracell wall charger and lasts for a good 4-5 hours in my MP3 player which I bought it for.

RHINO 4GB MP3 MUSIC PLAYER WITH LCD SCREEN FM RADIO USB
RHINO 4GB MP3 MUSIC PLAYER WITH LCD SCREEN FM RADIO USB

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job...mostly., 11 Jan 2014
I bought a battery powered MP3 player as I needed one to be 'ready' when appropriate as I have tinnitus and found it be useful to 'mask' the noise and my old USB charged one would always be flat at the wrong time,As a player it seems fine,it's a little plasticky but well made anyway,I found the instructions to be next to useless as they are poorly translated and it seems like the first couple of pages are missing so it was a while till I realized how it worked.
Upon figuring it out,it's okay and easy to operate but the FM radio is completely useless and I could only find one station and I have no use for the voice recorder,the bundled earphones are awful too.
Overall it's not bad for the money but be prepared to replace the earphones.

Zest It : 125ml Solvent : Citrus Free
Zest It : 125ml Solvent : Citrus Free
Offered by Jackson's Art Supplies
Price: 6.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 14 Dec 2013
Does what it's meant to and you don't have the problem of 'low odour' thinners gagging you to sleep 'silently'

Battery Powered Electronic Plastic Doorbell Chime Bell
Battery Powered Electronic Plastic Doorbell Chime Bell
Offered by sourcingmap
Price: 3.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 14 Dec 2013
We had one very similar to this,the switch is/was exactly the same,it's quite plasticky and the cable is very short but the 'chime' is audible if a bit shrill,worth buying for the hilarious instructions (The wrie (wire) may be lengthen as to desire),now it's possible to shorten the wire or cut it to length but unless you're blessed by the likes of Paul Daniels or someone you're never going to make it longer!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20