Profile for Mr. M. L. Hanford > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. L. Hanford

Mr. M. L. Hanford "MH74" (Hereford,England)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-23
Cold Winter (PS2)
Cold Winter (PS2)
Offered by total-gamer

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Bond game that isn't a Bond game!, 11 Jun. 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Cold Winter (PS2) (Video Game)
It's very much like a 007 game that had it's license revoked,the story involving a foreign weapons dealer is straight out of Bond,hell you even get a female assistant,whose,without wishing to spoil things,'death',is far more emotional than a certain FFVII's childish lego people mourning over another lego person who get's killed by another lego...
The graphics whilst being 'simple' are very solid and varied,no clip-art buildings here,the voice acting is splendid although some of the swearing is a little uncalled for,the objectives are different too,although they nearly all amount to 'go here,do this' they don't seem abstract or spread out just to make a game of it.
The gore level almost surpasses Soldier of Fortune,almost,it's not so liberal with the red stuff,the multiplayer (with bots) is a fun distraction too,it's no Timesplitters but at least it's go bots,it's online too.
The only flaw,it takes up over 2000kb on a memory card!

The Nomad Soul
The Nomad Soul

4.0 out of 5 stars I might finish it one day., 11 Jun. 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Nomad Soul (Video Game)
I bought this ages ago for my now,partially 'retired' Dreamcast,it's excellent and easily has the best atmosphere in a videogame,you really don't,after a while,feel like you're just playing a game,it's story is very good.
The graphics are/were excellent,diverse locales and characters seem very much alive.
The only downers,hand-to-hand combat is fiddly and even though you can alter the shooting controls to 99% that of Quake 3,you can't invert the aiming,it's only a little quibble but it does marr it slightly,now to just get round to finishing it...

Mortal Kombat Gold: Official Strategy Guide
Mortal Kombat Gold: Official Strategy Guide
by Joe Cain

2.0 out of 5 stars Actually wrong!, 10 Jun. 2009
I can't remember how I got hold of this,needless to say it really is just a prettier version of the manual/instructions,but,BUT!,the Kodes are all wrong!,they seem to have 'slipped' and the kode doesn't correspond to what actually happens,if you need the codes,they are on numerous websites and have been printed many times,don't buy this for strategies either.

Final Fantasy X: The Official Strategy Guide
Final Fantasy X: The Official Strategy Guide
by Piggyback

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good,if you're stuck., 10 Jun. 2009
I must confess even though I had a copy of this,a friend gave it me when he got rid of his PS2,I never really looked at it and figured most of it out on my own,needless to say after I had finished I did look at it and it was extremely informative and clearly laid out and I would have had no problem working out what to do if I had need to.

Jade Cocoon - Exclusive Collection (PS)
Jade Cocoon - Exclusive Collection (PS)
Offered by FLBENTERPRISES

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun after a while., 3 Jun. 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Most RPGs usually have some fight you can't win and this affects the story,your arse gets kicked,you seek revenge etc..,this has 2 right at the beginning and you think the third is similar but no,you have to win this one.
Anyway it's really good fun combining the critters to make new ones and since this is the bulk of the game that's no bad thing.
Graphics are okay,sound is moody and the anime cutscenes are excellent,whoever decided to picture the final boss on the back needs shooting though!

X-Files
X-Files

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a word of warning., 27 May 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: X-Files (Video Game)
I borrowed this off a friend when I got my PSOne and it's great fun,the only thing I need to say is even though the manual says you need 1 block to save you actually need an entirely free card (15 blocks)as any other data causes the game to say it's full.

Messiah
Messiah
Offered by Games Heaven

2.0 out of 5 stars I gave up!, 26 May 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Messiah (Video Game)
What I mean to say is that since you have to put disc one in to load and then disc two to play and if you press 'escape' too soon you have to do it all over again,I seriously couldn't be bothered after a while,a shame as it seemed like a good game,albeit ultimately more suited for a gamepad,the controls are best described as clunky at best.
The graphics are okay apart from whenever the corpses build up as my pc's memory couldn't hack it and I had to reload it a few times so as not to accumulate so many stiffs that it turned into a flickbook.
Flawed but at least original.

Final Fantasy : The Spirits Within
Final Fantasy : The Spirits Within
Offered by sdiscs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 24 May 2009
I have a few soundtracks to mostly videogames and they are okay for the most part but some do descend into fifty-plus track monsters where most of the tracks are two second incidental 'pings',this is a proper soundtrack,the shortest song is about a minute I think.
I wouldn't have bought this a while back,being very much into death metal etc.,but I liked the film and so gave it a go,suprising.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider Anniversary (PC)
Lara Croft Tomb Raider Anniversary (PC)
Offered by PNA247

3.0 out of 5 stars Use a gamepad for Pete's sake!, 24 May 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I've got this on the PS2 and bought a copy on the PC for my brother,it seemed to go fine until the T-Rex,the PC just wasn't capable of recognizing two keys being pressed at once and so the adrenaline dodge seemed impossible,thankfully we've got a gamepad adaptor and a quick fiddle later to use an old PSOne pad and Bingo,T-Rex down first time.
Looks real sharp and all but for bit's of it a pad is strongly recommended.

Sony Official PlayStation 2 DualShock 2 Controller (PS2)
Sony Official PlayStation 2 DualShock 2 Controller (PS2)
Offered by Future Gaming UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price., 23 May 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My controller for the PS2 was replaced a long time ago due to it's cable going and I decided to save a few quid and buy a third party controller,In the long run it's not worth it,as even though the PS2 pad isn't perfect,the D-pad is a bit wooly and the 'triggers' aren't at all as responsive as proper ones on the Xbox/Dreamcast etc.buying the third party ones was a waste as,put simply,the official one is so much better,FPS games were virtually unplayable with some of the replacements and have stayed on the shelf till I bought the new (official) pad,likewise some games requiring analogue buttons/triggers like Primal,Cy Girls and Valkyrie Profile 2 are so much better with an official pad.in closing,don't buy a third party pad if you can help it as for once official is best.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-23