Profile for Mr. M. L. Hanford > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. L. Hanford

Mr. M. L. Hanford "MH74" (Hereford,England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Auto Modellista
Auto Modellista
Offered by funfair games
Price: 12.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly lacking., 27 July 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Auto Modellista (Video Game)
To be honest a cel-shaded racing game sounds like a no no but it works very well,In some areas it can be a little difficult to see corners but on the whole it's great,the only annoyances are that there are only a few tracks,compared to PGR,Forza and Sega GT there are less than ten,the unlockable one is a R.C track,like Re-volt,fewer cars,but the worst bit is no quick reverse,you have to shift down,even on Auto,and then shift up,basically a collision that involves reversing is a lost race,I only got it cheap and for that it's great,but for longevity,though it pains me to say it,get Gran Turismo or WRC or Enthusia as this feels a bit lightweight.

F.E.A.R (Xbox 360)
F.E.A.R (Xbox 360)

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost?, 5 July 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: F.E.A.R (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
My brother's played this game to death on the PC but since I can't get on with the controls I got it on the Xbox instead,I can't say much about it as I'm about halfway through,the graphics are great,it's very scary in places and don't mention Alma,the only problem I've found is no subtitles!,they're not 100% necessary but between ambient 'noise' and the fan on the 360,it's sometimes hard to make out what was said or where the noises are,maybe this was on purpose so you'd have to turn it up and make it more scary,I don't know,great game nonetheless.

Demos
Demos
Offered by Empor UK
Price: 13.67

5.0 out of 5 stars A great starter., 5 July 2009
This review is from: Demos (Audio CD)
I have been a big fan of Nocturnus for a while and this was the only thing I was missing,apart from Possess the Priest,and even though they are demos,you can hear the seeds of great songs,I've got other 'demo' cds by bands and you usually listen to them once or twice and move on but with this it's nice to hear what they 'were' like,it also has a couple of things I hadn't heard,they've since been tacked on to remastered cd versions but I have the first 2 albums on vinyl,great memories of things to come.

SEGA Mega Drive Collection (PS2)
SEGA Mega Drive Collection (PS2)
Offered by Gamesbuyer
Price: 11.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all., 2 July 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I'll start now and say I only got this for the 3 Phantasy Star games 2-4,although I'd never played most of the games on here on a Megadrive,save for Altered Beast,Sonic and Bonanza Bros.I knew what they were like,I'm not going to bang on about what should have been on there,the only one that pops into mind for me was maybe Toejam and Earl,it has a great number of options,you can even play in progressive scan,rescale the screen etc.
The one thing I didn't notice at first was the ability to save anywhere,this is a godsend as most of these old games had little or no save system,this makes games like Golden Axe slightly more playable and Sonic a bit of a walkover.Some games are still terrible mind you,all in all fun for a while,and it beats getting those 'vintage' ones off of Xbox live!
I'd just like to point one thing out though,when you unlock the cheat sheet,you will find a lot of the cheats to be incorrect,e.g Sonic's level select cheat needs you to press the square button,it's the cross etc.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2010 3:08 PM GMT

Comics Crash Course: A Start to Finish Guide to Drawing Dynamic Comics
Comics Crash Course: A Start to Finish Guide to Drawing Dynamic Comics
by Vince Giarrano

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 30 Jun 2009
I would modestly call myself a fairly good artist,but when it comes to comic strips I was lost at all the technical stuff beyond being able to draw,this book is excellent offering up pretty much every facet of how to construct art for comics from the beginning.
It has information on everything from getting the most out of character's poses,how to frame panels so they make sense,positioning layout of speech bubbles so they read well etc..
It has mostly everything,the only things missing are,how to colour in,although I suppose that's up to the individual,and it doesn't go into depth regarding lettering,mine is terrible,thank the lord for computers!

Tomb Raider Chronicles: Official Strategy Guide (Prima's official strategy guide)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 27 Jun 2009
I don't normally get theses books.I either figure it out or use Gamefaqs or something,I got this for [...] and that's probably the best [...] I'd spent in a while,I never had to keep looking at the guide to see what they were on about as the pictures were more than adequate unlike a genius Resident Evil 2 walkthrough I had that kept mentioning 'boarded up hallway' when half the police station was boarded up!,nice.

In The...All Together
In The...All Together
Price: 10.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly one of their best., 27 Jun 2009
This review is from: In The...All Together (Audio CD)
It's been a while since Semblance of Normality,but it was worth the wait,time has not mellowed them at all,in fact I would say it has more 'agression' than previous albums,that's not to say they've gone Death Metal or anything but it's an intense offering,no ballads here!
It actually reminds me in places of their debut,some of it has the ferocity of early days,it's not a long album,some 40 odd minutes but there is no filler at all,much as I love Sabbat and early Skyclad,it's hard to imagine these songs with Martin Walkyier on them as Kevin Ridley now fits perfectly.

Infini
Infini

5.0 out of 5 stars A fitting end?, 25 Jun 2009
This review is from: Infini (Audio CD)
Seeing as this is likely to be the last Voivod album,it would have been easy to stick anything out with loads of filler and the like but it's actually very good,factor in that Denis's (R.I.P) guitar parts were recorded in his house on a laptop and it could have been a mess,the production,though, is actually better than most 'proper' albums and his guitar parts fit seemlessly,a fitting swansong.

World Championship Snooker 2003 (Xbox)
World Championship Snooker 2003 (Xbox)
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Listen!,Is that paint drying?, 25 Jun 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I recently had the misfortune to play this due to a botched order,my god it's dull!,it takes an eternity for the cpu 'zombie' to have a go and even on easy setting it wipes the floor with you,it's just SO SLOW!,I know it's old and being someone who can't stand 99% of sport I wasn't expecting to get anything from it,but,deary me!

Drakengard (PS2)
Drakengard (PS2)
Offered by FLBENTERPRISES
Price: 24.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It's by Square!?, 16 Jun 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Drakengard (PS2) (Video Game)
Sent to me in error,I'd ordered the duffer that is Daemon Summoner but this was sent,I started it up and within a few minutes was dumbfounded by the repetitiveness of it,bash,bash,block,bash,bash,block,super move...
I actually took the disc out of the machine to check what it was and was appalled to see it was a Square game,it really doesn't look like one at all,drab textures,bland design,the CGI was the only thing that gave it away.
I'll endeavour with it,since it was free,but we'll see.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20