Profile for Mr. J. Mcdonald > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. Mcdonald

Mr. J. Mcdonald

BabyDan Super Flexi Fit Extending Wooden Safety Gate (Beech/Silver)
BabyDan Super Flexi Fit Extending Wooden Safety Gate (Beech/Silver)
Price: 34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, installed it about 2 years ago, 31 Mar 2014
A bit fiddly to install but that's because it's felixible and can fit the angles. I would buy it again if this one goes but so far 2 years and still working great.

Revolving
Revolving
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best track on the album!, 22 Feb 2012
This review is from: Revolving (MP3 Download)
Verve meets The Stone Roses meets George Harrison! Verve meets The Stone Roses meets George Harrison! Verve meets The Stone Roses meets George Harrison!

On Film-making
On Film-making
by Alexander Mackendrick
Price: 12.59

5.0 out of 5 stars I get through 'em!, 16 Sep 2010
This review is from: On Film-making (Paperback)
written by someone who obviously has mastered his craft and considered his own techniques. the writing is clear (as you would hope from a film maker, after all film making is about communication!) and the concepts are explanied with examples and anecdotes. loads of gems, ie: definition of drama is anticpation mingled with uncertainty.

I would put it up with Story by Robert Mckee, however, On Film Making deals less with dialouge and formula and more about the craft and the techniques that keep the audience drawn into the story presented as a film.

*****
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2012 12:16 PM BST

Shure Se310 Sound Isolating Earphones- Black
Shure Se310 Sound Isolating Earphones- Black

5.0 out of 5 stars compare these to the Se210, 20 Jun 2010
I had previously been through 2 pairs of Se210's (not sure what number but it's teh one below this) anyway, been through 2 pairs over 2 years and because i was hoping for more bass range and speration in frequencies I gave these ago and was satisfied in the step up in quality of sound. Punchier bass with a deep sound and all the rest of the range intact.

I think once these go (it's normally the wire cabling becoming threaded at the ear bud that goes) I'll get the one up after this set.

recommended as an upgarde on top of the Se210's and worth the extra cash.

Guerilla Film Makers Movie Blueprint
Guerilla Film Makers Movie Blueprint
by Chris Jones
Price: 32.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Jason McDonald - he likes it!, 12 Feb 2010
When I was procrastinating over whether I was going to fulfil my ambition of making a short film, the Guerilla Film Makers thingy was THE book that helped me take the plunge. Each small component of the whole process is explained in detail and with clarity, which in turn, enabled me to imagine finishing my first short film/movie which I did in September 2009.

as an update to this review, the short I made is available to buy here Taylors Trophy Thomas Coombes

- Jason McDonald