Profile for Martin Empowerment Coach > Reviews

Content by Martin Empower...

Martin Empowerment Coach "Martin Empowerment Coach" (Kent, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Thai Massage Workbook: Basic and Advanced Courses
Thai Massage Workbook: Basic and Advanced Courses
by C. Pierce Salaguero

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Nov. 2009
I ordered this book believing it would be a new routine and was disappointed to find it repeated the routine in the Encyclopedia of Thai Massage by the same author. It lacks the depth of the other book and for the extra cost I suggest you get the 'full works' Encyclopedia. The author still remains a favourite author of mine on Thai Massage.

Ayurvedic Year: A Seasonal Guide to Nutrition, Yoga, and Healing
Ayurvedic Year: A Seasonal Guide to Nutrition, Yoga, and Healing
by Christina Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful and fun, 24 Nov. 2009
The size of this book and its progressive yoga are great. A fantastic book to buy at the beginning of the year for a present. It whetted my appetite for further reading and supports my own beliefs about how we are empowered in our health and well being by following the yoga year. Worth every penny.

Thai Yoga Massage: A Dynamic Therapy for Physical Well-Being and Spiritual Energy
by Kam Thye Chow

3.0 out of 5 stars OKish, 24 Nov. 2009
I have read many books on Thai Massage and this one, whilst having some good descriptions of therapist positions, really doesn't do it for me. It didn't follow enough of the traditional pathway for me. The CD was a good idea and does help support the reading.

Never try to learn Thai massage from a book though. A useful supplementary book although there are better books around.

Encyclopedia of Thai Massage: A Complete Guide to Traditional Thai Massage Therapy and Acupressure
by C. Pierce Salguero

4.0 out of 5 stars A great handbook, 24 Nov. 2009
I enjoyed this book immensely. It reinforced all the learning I undertook several years ago in Thailand and takes Thai Massage seriously. Very informative and easy to read. Never try to learn Thai Massage from a book but certainly supplement your learning with this one.

Working on Yourself Doesn't Work: The 3 Simple Ideas That Will Instantaneously Transform Your Life
by Ariel And Shya Kane

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Effective, 24 Nov. 2009
I enjoyed this book. Its simplicity was a joy. I like the 3 principles - what you resist persists, only one thing can exist in a space at one time and allowing things to complete themselves.

The main benefit for me was awareness and the reasoning of being non judgemental as we observe ourselves - our thoughts, feelings and actions. They call this the anthropological approach. Certainly struck a chord with me!

A second reading is a must as there are always parts one misses on a first reading. Often there can be a desire to make answers to how we are living our lives seem complicated; for me the easy to read and understand points were exactly what I wanted.

The distinction between decision and choice was a good example and I have used the squirrel tale often since to explain the difference.

As ever books - like most things - come along at the right time. Whether we are ready is often down to us rather than the book. This book came along at the right time for me.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2011 1:31 PM BST

Secret Gratitude Book
Secret Gratitude Book
by Rhonda Byrne

4.0 out of 5 stars Its does what it says, 13 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Secret Gratitude Book (Hardcover)
Although there are many other ways to create a gratitude and intention list, I enjoyed this book because it has the feel of something special. It is expensive really but sometimes that doesn't matter. A good first step to making a gratitude list even if you don't continue to buy this your first copy.

Page: 1 | 2