Profile for Martin Empowerment Coach > Reviews

Content by Martin Empower...

Martin Empowerment Coach "Martin Empowerment Coach" (Kent, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Who Moved My Cheese: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life
by Spencer Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars It will give you clarity, 19 Oct. 2014
This classic and simple book is an excellent read - a speedy one too! The story will resonate with many poeple as they decide who they are and where they are on their journey though life,

Vegetarian Express: fast fresh food for energy and vitality throughout the day
Vegetarian Express: fast fresh food for energy and vitality throughout the day
by Rose Elliot

5.0 out of 5 stars Great veggie book, 12 Jun. 2011
I love this book. Full of quick and simple ideas. Friends who are not vegetarian have loved it as well. Great food, healthy and fun. If you are stumped with the same old same old get it and be surprised at how fun cooking and eating veggie can be.

The Art Of Effortless Living
The Art Of Effortless Living
by Ingrid Bacci

4.0 out of 5 stars Effortless, 12 Jun. 2011
The content is fantastic and I certainly have found it useful and been able to relate to it. It took me a while to read it and I am uncertain why. There is a logical sequence and lots of ideas on how to live effortlessly. Found the latter chapters slightly too ethereal for me - personal preference. I have certainly been holding my pen with less effort and life has indeed been less effort since reading this book. A timely reminder of how easy life can be.

Clean & Lean Diet: 14 Days to Your Best-Ever Body
Clean & Lean Diet: 14 Days to Your Best-Ever Body
by James Duigan

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and easy to follow guidelines., 25 Mar. 2011
Wanted a book that explained simple nutritional guidelines.

A great book. Its made a difference to many people I have recommended it to. They have enjoyed the clear guidelines and simple steps and noticed a real difference.

The main messages are cut out the sugar, eat protein, good fat and carbohydrate every time you eat - including snacks, if sugar is higher than the third ingredient on a packet don't eat it and if you don't know what the ingredients are don't eat it.

The exercises are simple and basic - its mainly a book about nutrition. Would have liked and enjoyed a vegetarian section.

Worth the investment.

Logitech Pure-Fi Express Plus - Black
Logitech Pure-Fi Express Plus - Black
Offered by Technomobiles

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy, 27 Nov. 2010
I wanted an easy to use, good quality system for background music when I work with clients and that I could use with both my i pod and i phone. It had to be simple to carry and set up.

This is the perfect system for me. Sooo simple and easy to use, great quality sound and the remote is an added bonus. It is great value for money, provides great sound at all volumes. Am a bit uncertain what the extra adaptors included are for - there must be a use. Clock is wonderfully easy to set up. Have yet to use the battery for its energy so can't tell you about the length of time they would last.

Small, good looking and easy to use.

Grow Your Own Drugs: Fantastically Easy Recipes for Natural Remedies and Beauty Treats
by James Wong

4.0 out of 5 stars A Simple Approach, 21 Jan. 2010
I love the enthusiasm of the author's TV show and bought this book as a result. I haven't been disappointed. I love the feel of this book - the way it looks and reads. Lots of simple to use ideas and the concept underlying it is refreshing without being too 'way out'. Like all of these types of books though the proof is will you actually make any of the recipes up. Yet to do this although the recipes appear easy to follow. It does reenforce the natural way of living - and that always appeals to me. A good gift for the right person.

Dare to Live: Reflections on Fear, Courage and Wholeness
Dare to Live: Reflections on Fear, Courage and Wholeness
by Miriam Subirana

5.0 out of 5 stars Explaining Fear, 21 Jan. 2010
This book is a great find. It was recommended to me by a friend and its made quite a difference to my life. A book that confronts the issue of fear and how often we use fear as an excuse not to follow our desires. It explains the techniques that are used to deceive ourselves, why we are fearful and ways to overcome our fears. It puts the concept of fear into perspective. Some great ideas to overcome your fears although the explanations themselves help this process anyway.

Towards the end it does become 'god' based and for some this will be off putting. Personally the god idea can be whatever you want it to be - universe, mother nature - you choose. The book is not preachy or forced though and reads easily.

Certainly a worthwhile read when you find you are avoiding taking action.

Lifestyle Fitness Coaching
Lifestyle Fitness Coaching
by James Gavin

4.0 out of 5 stars A Positive Start, 24 Nov. 2009
When I began as a Health and Well being Coach I found this a useful book. It brings together many of the principles of coaching and health coaching in an easy to read and simple format. It is logical in its progression although it does seem to get slightly more complicated than it needs to towards the end when selecting and choosing activities. In reality an effective coach gives the client more freedom these days yet the principles are pretty much the same as given in the book.

It has lots of scenarios though there does seem an inordinate amount of 'script' to master compared to how coaching operates now. The focus is on the client remaining in charge and aware as they make their own choices.

A useful start to health coaching.

A Myofascial Approach to Thai Massage: East meets West, 1e
A Myofascial Approach to Thai Massage: East meets West, 1e
by Howard Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Sells Thai Massage Short, 24 Nov. 2009
I choose this book with great excitement - at last a book that linked Myofascial Release with Thai Massage. It explains Thai Massage well and Myofascial Release very effectively yet has westernised Thai Massage to such an extent it seems to actually lost the essence of Thai Massage.

I enjoyed the read and was simply expecting more. The focus on the Thai routine was on relaxation and ensuring the client was always totally comfortable. Whilst I agree with this principle that a client should be relaxed, they can also be involved and active - indeed the idea of simply lying back takes away an element of the symboitic nature of Thai Massage.

For me, Thai Massage is about more than relaxation.

Thai Massage Workbook: Basic and Advanced Courses
Thai Massage Workbook: Basic and Advanced Courses
by C. Pierce Salaguero

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Nov. 2009
I ordered this book believing it would be a new routine and was disappointed to find it repeated the routine in the Encyclopedia of Thai Massage by the same author. It lacks the depth of the other book and for the extra cost I suggest you get the 'full works' Encyclopedia. The author still remains a favourite author of mine on Thai Massage.

Page: 1 | 2