Profile for Cazza > Reviews

Content by Cazza

Cazza (highest branch of the apple tree)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6L/1000W 220V, Stainless Steel Cooking Pot and Exterior
Offered by Instant Pot UK

2.0 out of 5 stars poor quality casing for the price of this pot, 6 Feb. 2015
I was keen to try the Instant Pot, also based on the positive reviews here. Unfortunately, mine arrived with scratches and stains on the handles and the plastic cover and rims. I found the plastic around the rim of the pot to be of poor quality considering the price of the item. I have returned mine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2015 8:23 AM GMT

May We Be Forgiven
May We Be Forgiven
by A. M. Homes

5.0 out of 5 stars couldn't put it down, 26 May 2013
This review is from: May We Be Forgiven (Paperback)
Once I started I just didn't want to put it down anymore, wanting to know what would happen next. It has dark moments and absurd elements, I really enjoyed it.

The Kids from Fame
The Kids from Fame

5.0 out of 5 stars brings back memories, 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Kids from Fame (Audio CD)
Some classic songs from the show I loved 30 years ago. Great to have, the songs haven't lost their power for me.

Big Stone Gap: A Novel (Big Stone Gap Saga 1)
Big Stone Gap: A Novel (Big Stone Gap Saga 1)
by Adriana Trigiani

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, 14 Dec. 2012
Really enjoyed this book, and will get the rest of the series. Travelled in this area this year and so understand the setting - far removed from any big cities!

All She Wants
All She Wants
by Jonathan Harvey

2.0 out of 5 stars trying too hard, 14 Dec. 2012
This review is from: All She Wants (Paperback)
It's chick-lit. And trying too hard to be funny. It reads like a challenge - how many jokes/humorous situations can fit on one page. I found it tiring and put the book away.

Smokin' Seventeen (Stephanie Plum 17)
Smokin' Seventeen (Stephanie Plum 17)
by Janet Evanovich

4.0 out of 5 stars don't expect too much, 11 Oct. 2012
I enjoyed nr 17 a lot more than 15 and 16. But don't expect too much. It's fluff, but pleasant fluff. I've taken to reading these books on long flights, preferably when I'm off on holiday. They're perfect for that.

Berlin (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides)
Berlin (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides)
by Andrea Schulte-Peevers

4.0 out of 5 stars really useful little guide, 16 May 2012
Bought this just before leaving for Berlin and found it really useful. Nice and handy due to its small size, it fits in your pocket. It is based around neighbourhoods which we found really practical and we used it to explore many neighbourhoods during our trip.

If you want a guide with more information about sleeping options you need to get the bigger Berlin guide, but for a practical guide to take with you during the day this is the best.

Would like to see it updated regularly though as the info on visiting the Dome on the Parliament building is out of date, amongst other things.

Foetal Attraction
Foetal Attraction
by Kathy Lette

5.0 out of 5 stars glad to see it back in print, 12 May 2012
This review is from: Foetal Attraction (Paperback)
Loved this book when it first came out. One of Kathy Lette's best I reckon. Good to see it back in print as now I'm no longer forced to find second hand copies to give to pregnant friends.

Dead or Alive (Jack Ryan Jr 2)
Dead or Alive (Jack Ryan Jr 2)
by Tom Clancy

2.0 out of 5 stars way too long, 26 Nov. 2011
The book has some good ideas and twists, but it's way way too long. A decent editor would have cut the book in half (if not less) and perhaps could have saved the book.

Cold Justice
Cold Justice
by Katherine Howell

4.0 out of 5 stars rough start but worth it, 26 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Cold Justice (Paperback)
I found the book hard to get into, too disjointed and in need of a good editor. But as I enjoyed another book bij Ms Howell I stuck with it and from about 1/3 in I really started to enjoy it and then I couldn't put it down anymore.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3