Profile for Bart > Reviews

Sony MDR10RBT Wireless Headphones with V3.0 Bluetooth and NFC
Sony MDR10RBT Wireless Headphones with V3.0 Bluetooth and NFC
Offered by Shelfone™

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality headphones., 16 Feb. 2016
Good quality headphones, very easy to pair via NFC, good quality sound.
I listen to music on the go for two-three hrs a day - they last without charge for at least 3 days.
If I could turn back time and choose my set again - I would have taken slightly more expensive noise cancelling model.
Before you buy think where you will be using these most - on a train? busy roads? public places? if so, the noise cancelling functiom will be very useful.

Overall happy with the product and do recommend.

Tearaway (PlayStation Vita)
Tearaway (PlayStation Vita)
Offered by musicMagpie

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed., 14 Jan. 2014
Tearaway is a real gem. It is creative, beautifully made and very artistic. I admire the design - it is truly remarkable and unconventional. Mechanics of the game are good as well.

I love the hero - Iota - who is a walking envolope, the message who delivers itself to the You. The whole concept is great and surprisingly mature as for a game! This philosophical journey is the element of the game which, I think, only adults will appreciate and understand. From this point of view tearaway is not for the youngest.

The ability to collect papercraft during the game, print it out and build figures is great as well! Good for kids!

Sony Xperia Z UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Sony Xperia Z UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with Xperia Z, 17 April 2013
I purchased this phone with the unlimited internet and I am very happy I did. I often use it as a hotspot and the speeds i get (via 3G network) are so good I pretty much stopped using home wifi.

The phone itself is really good.

The screen is beautiful to look at. It does not tire my eyes as quickly as Samsung's AMOLED would. I think this is the only problem of SONY screens - they are more user friendly, for which reason one can look at them with pleasure for a long time without feeling any discomfort, but at the same time they are not as bright as competition. Now from perspective of long term use this lack of oversaturation and excessive brightness is actually much better. It's a shame that many potential buyers who would love this device will be convinced by the wow factor they can get with samsung or apple, at the same time not being aware, that the wow factor they go for can actually turn out to be a negative feature. SONY screen is simply subtle and balanced. Whether SONY are unable to make a brighter screeen or make it less bright on purpose only ppl from SONY know. For me the most important thing is that in use the screen feels more natural than competition.

The phone is large and squared. I garantee to you that unless your previous phone was as big as XPRIA Z you will not like it at first. It's going to feel too big, square corners wont feel good in the palm of your hand. But as you use the phone for a few days you start to hold it in a different and most convinient to you way, and whats left is only that big and much more functional 5-inch screen.

When it comes to flaps on the phone, you will find them annoying if for some reason you have no nails at all or if you fail to notice that there is a wee space on one side of each flap which has been designed to make taking them out easier. This wee space (roughly as thick as the nail is) will give you experience similar to the one you feel when opening a can of coke. In extreme situations it may actually condition you too feel thirsty or want your favourite canned drink! Im wondering whether people at SONY thought about such surprising psychological outcome. Anyways... for the reason just stated I love my flaps and drunk few more cans of coke than I would have otherwise. I think that: 1) Guys from Coca-Cola should be delighted and 2) SONY could sell a million or two more of those phones if they only helped people to associate opening of the charger or headphone flap with opening of the can. Sadly marketers from SONY rarely present full potential of their devices in ingenious ways - i think SONY marketing strategists are too OMI-BALANCED.

Overall the phone is AMAZING and refressging like a can of COKE! Give it a try, dont return after a day or two, get it with unlimited internet if possible (and a hotspot) and you wont regret!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2013 6:58 PM BST

Dynasty Warriors Next (PS Vita)
Dynasty Warriors Next (PS Vita)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun! Lovely graphics!, 7 Feb. 2013
A good game! Played Dynasy Warriors on the XBOX360 in the past and this one looks much better!

I think if you like chess, board games in general and strategy games Dynasty Warriors is for you. Mechanics of the game are simple, straightforward and logical. Two armies fight over the same piece of land on which their camps are stationed. Either you take over all of the bases of your enemy and win, or he takes over your base and you loose. Simple as that!
The best thing is that while you fight in one spot, the map on the side of the screen tells you about the status of the battle. From this map you know whether you are being defeated or not. On top of that you can unleash some nicely looking combos and admire creativity and artistic imagination of those who have designed the game.

I like it a lot and strongly recommend!

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PS Vita)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PS Vita)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game! Good story! Fun to play!, 30 Jan. 2013
I ve just finished playing Uncharted and, surprisingly, I want to play it once again! It rarely happens as normally I do not replay games etc. Not this time. This game is well made and mature. Story is consistent and entertaining. There are some good puzzles to solve in the game. The art and graphics are stunning! I am very impressed!
Strongly recommended!

Sony Reader (PRS-T2/HBC). Pottermore Edition. Schwarz: Leichter E-Book Reader mit IR Touchscreen, W-LAN, integrierten E-Books

5.0 out of 5 stars PRS-T2 turned out to be much more than I expected!, 16 Jan. 2013
I am very happy with the PRS-T2 e-reader. Its my first electronic reading device and ever since I got it I have not touched a paper book. Not that I dont like normal books, there is something really pleasant about holding prinded paper in ones hand and turning pages, all of those who read a lot know what I mean. Nevertheless this wee machine (initially I thought it was too small, and in fact I would like it more had the screen been slightly bigger) is so light and so simple to use that I can't believe how useful it is. And how superior is the experience of reading from the paper-like light screen as opposed to the real book! Astonishing!

Now it reads epub and pdf formats which is really good. You can get on it pretty much everything you like! I am from Poland and for the first time in 5 years I have access to amazing Polish classics!

There is Micro SD slot as well so the memory can be expanded at a low cost.

PRS-T2 has few options for croping and adjusting the page, and two or three viewing modes which are really useful if you intend to read pdf files (E.g. academic literature) which were not formated for the e-reader.

There is a function to connect the reader to your local library and download books from them but I have not yet tried it. My experience teaches me that public libraries in the UK (unlike university libraries) are terrible, so I would never expect them to have any good books. I would be ggreatly surprised if my local library had Homer, Stendhal or Dumas on offer.

An English dictionary comes with the reader; you can make hand written or typed notes, write memos etc.
If you read several documents at once, the reader will remember where you've finished reading each document, so when you switch between them, it will open on the last page you viewed.

Moreover this device looks really nice, i like the buttons on the bottom, especially the two buttons used to turn pages, i use them instead of the touch screen. It feels nice in the hand and, as the screen does not have a back light, you can read for as long as you would read a normal book before your eyes get tired.

If you consider buying this device, never had an e-reader before, and read a lot - I strongly recommend. I have read over 200 paper books in my life, most of them classics, many having over 500 pages were really heavy. E-reader simply changed the way how I perceive length and physical dimension of a book. On the ereader every book is always light and always the same size. What more it is stored inside like in the magical lamp! You touch it and the book pops up on the screen! I like it very much!

Sony PRST2HBC - e-book readers (USB 2.0, E Ink Pearl, microSD (TransFlash), 600 x 800 pixels, ePub, PDF, 1 GHz Intel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good! Reads pdfs, 10 Jan. 2013
Very Good e-reader. Knowing it reads pdf files this reader is everything you need to access the world of 'printed' data.

Spirited Away [DVD]
Spirited Away [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daveigh Chase
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well balanced and touching story!, 23 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Spirited Away [DVD] (DVD)
Very well balanced and touching story! Enjoyed watching it and will watch again some time soon! Would recommend for kids and adults alike.

The Sane Society (Routledge Classics)
The Sane Society (Routledge Classics)
by Erich Fromm

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Fromm... Swift Intellect.. Master of Word... True Artist-Philosopher, 12 Oct. 2012
There is something special about Fromm's style. I read his Fear of Freedom, The Art of Loving (which by the way is absolutely beautiful)and now I've been several pages through The Sane Society.
First of all Fromm is not a system creator, he is not a Kant, Hegel, Marx, Freud type of man - he did not create great 'philosophy'. So as such there is no system. Fromm is foremost a magnificent individual-observer characterised by personal subjectivity which has reached a level of profound universality and objectivity in the sphere of ethics and morals (if such objectivity is possible).
He is mainly criticising modern consummerist/capitalist society, for example, accusing modern man of inability to meaningfully manage his own time, to create and to judge 'value'. One must remember that Fromm sees the man and society from his own point of view, i.e. from perspective of increadibly talented writer, a moralist and magnificent intellectualist. This is the view an average man and often well educated men with no moralist/artistic background will never have of their own, unless similar depth of thinking and human vision of the man is suggested to them from outside. This is the power of Fromm. He suggest to the reader things that the reader had never dreamed of, and being vulnerable to that vision, the reader will be confused, surprise and often convinced. The effect which we get as a consequence is that either 1) the world really is the way how Fromm describes it, or 2) what Fromm says is so confincing and powerful that it affects our perception of the world and we accept it to be possible or true.
Most importantly, and this is his greatest strength, Fromm is not scientific but imaginative. He is not a positivist who suffering lack of intellect and creativity came up with boring research, gathered loads of data and typed up a dry list of findings continuously repeating them across 100 pages. No, Fromm is a living spirit and an intellectual force. In his case how he says things is as much if not more important than what he says - his style makes him a true genius of literature (rather than philosophy or psychology). I write myself, Ive read many great novels and texts in philosophy, and I must say that there are not many artists who could write sentences and short paragraphs as great and breath taking as those one finds in Fromm... his books are full of such little gems...
I recommend Fromm especially to young philosophers and literature students; as well as those who seek literature written by great intellectualist who had writing genius and simplicity of expression in many respects matching if not surpassing genius of artists like Plato...

Sony Mid-Range In-Ear Headphones with Deep Bass for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good headphones!, 6 Oct. 2012
Got this headphones few days ago and I am very happy with my purchase. The sound quality is really good. Deep bass and not too loud. Most importantly this headphones are slightly curved so they fit perfectly and are very comfortable to wear. Usually I would feel some discomfort wearing in-ear headphones and was prepared for that before I had made the purchase. Surprisingly due to their shape and roundness headphones cause no discomfort at all! And they isolate outside noise as well - very good for those who spent a lot of time on a treadmill and dont like hearing the sound of feet hitting the ground or noises made by other runners.
They look classy. I like the SONY logo printed on the headphones though most likely nobody can see it as they neatly fit the ear and do not stand out.

I recommend this product!

Page: 1 | 2