Profile for GenRen > Reviews

Content by GenRen

GenRen

Page: 1 | 2
Prestige Cartridge Compatible D1042S Laser Toner Cartridge for Samsung Printers - Black
Offered by Prestige Cartridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Good print quality, 13 Dec. 2014
At this price I wondered how well it would fit our ML1665 and if the print quality would be up to standard, thought what the heck, let's try it.

It fitted into our printer as smoothly as other more expensive cartridges. The print quality is good, as to how long it will last, well I've been using it every day for the last few weeks and there's no drop in ink coverage.

When I need to replace it I will order another one from here, why pay more when this is just as good!

Trixie Parla Scratching Post, 62 cm, Platinum Grey
Trixie Parla Scratching Post, 62 cm, Platinum Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats love this, 27 Feb. 2014
Over the years we have tried several scratching posts, but this has to be far and above the best of them all.

It is strong enough to take the full weight of a large cat scratching hard against it and it doesn't topple over.

Our cats have the freedom to come and go as they wish and plenty of trees to use too! However the first thing they do when they come in and the last thing when they go out, is to have a long stretch and scratch. When it is removed for vacuuming / cleaning they get very put out and show their pleasure to see it back by pouncing all over it!

Philips SHE3590WT/10 In-Ear Headphones - White
Philips SHE3590WT/10 In-Ear Headphones - White

2.0 out of 5 stars Sound and signal quality is poor, 27 Feb. 2014
Bought these for the ability to have a small earpiece, however the sound and signal quality is poor which negated the usefulness of having a smaller earpiece.

These were used connected to a Roberts Sports radio FM/AM and were very disappointing, as the sound quality was was very tinny.

Also the headphones act as an aerial for my small radio and I found the signal poor even when compared to a very cheap set of in-ear headphones, which had better sound quality and signal strength.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2014 9:32 AM GMT

Design Go Sonic Traveller Toothbrush
Design Go Sonic Traveller Toothbrush
Offered by Tiger Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for holidays, 20 July 2013
Brilliant toothbrush. Perfect for traveling as it's small & light, with a cover for the toothbrush head.

The reason for the drop of a star is to do with the design for opening the battery compartment. There is a picture format instruction, however it does not show where to press to pull the lower cover down to access the battery compartment. Eventually managed to open it by pressing the lower cover in the middle of the sides, rather than on the top where it meets the other cover. I can foresee that this might be an area where things could break in the future, but it isn't used all the time and after all doesn't cost much more than a standard toothbrush. I still think this is a perfect traveling sonic toothbrush.

Higher Nature Ionic Toothbrush - 4 Replacement Heads Only
Higher Nature Ionic Toothbrush - 4 Replacement Heads Only
Offered by Higher Nature Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars These are a MEDIUM bristle, 17 Mar. 2013
I do love the whole Ionic toothbrush concept, the drop of 1 star is due to the lack of description of the product not the product itself.

There is nowhere in the description that these are a medium bristle. Although I was a little surprised to get the medium as previously I have had the soft bristle, I didn't return them as I thought I'd try them out.

They are definitely a harder brush than the soft bristle, so if you are looking for a soft bristle then it looks as if they are only available on Higher Natures website, as the option is not given here.

SAMRICK - Pack of 6 - Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi 3G & Apple iPad 3 3rd Generation "The New iPad" 2012 & Apple iPad 4 4G Retina Display (Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 4G) 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB - Transparent Screen Protector/Film/Foil (3 Layer Technology) & Microfibre Cloth
Offered by Aero Communication Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well if cut down for an 8 inch tablet., 17 Mar. 2013
I have an 8 inch tablet and it is very difficult to find a screen protector which fits.

I ordered this pack thinking that I need to cut it down and if I spoil one I've 5 left. However I was lucky first time and my touch tablet now is protected.

This worked by measuring my tablet and then using a craft cutter, cutting down the side which has the larger hole in it. I found this protector very easy to fit, using a credit card size piece of plastic to smooth the film down as soon as I lifted the covering film off and it worked a treat. I was concerned that the tablet might not respond well to touch but have found that there is no lack of response.

This is a good screen protector, it's easy to use and cuts down easily to fit smaller touchpad tablets.

Elliott Extra-Large Rubber Gloves, Yellow
Elliott Extra-Large Rubber Gloves, Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, gloves that fit larger hands!, 2 Mar. 2013
So pleased that we found these. Larger rubber gloves for washing up have been very difficult to find and in our experience non existent in supermarkets/local shops. These fit a man's hand and - of course - any woman who has larger hands. Thoroughly recommend these.

The Tomb of Sharakir (The Silent Blade Chronicles Book 2)
The Tomb of Sharakir (The Silent Blade Chronicles Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fantasy read, 4 Feb. 2013
If you haven't read the first book A Sword for Hire (The Silent Blade Chronicles) the author gives enough information about past events for the reader to be able to follow the plot. However the main characters do develop and grow in The Tomb of Sharakir and this will be missed if the reader hasn't read the first book.

This book starts at a slower pace as the main characters and previous events are introduced, but that does not detract from the plot and it soon picks up at a great pace, with many good twists which keep the reader interested and wanting to know more. I really enjoyed reading this book and am left wanting to know what happens next! Always a good sign of a good book.

The only reason I gave it 4 stars was for the typo's in my version. The author assures me that this has now been addressed and corrected. The actual storyline is a 5 star read and I would have given this, but I have to give an honest review.

The Tomb of Sharakir is a well written imaginative and fantastical read, if you like this genre I would recommend it.

Cherub Clip-On Ukulele Tuner
Cherub Clip-On Ukulele Tuner
Offered by Donner-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a beginner, 6 Jun. 2012
As complete beginners we found this tuning system fantastic. Just clip it to the Uke,switch it on and pluck a string. It flases a red light if the string out of tune and goes green when it's tuned to the right pitch. We can even see if the string is too tight (light flases above the middle light) or too loose (light flashes below middle light).

If you are a beginner this is the best tuner to get. It's so simple to use, switch it on and tune up.

The LieDeck Revolution
The LieDeck Revolution

5.0 out of 5 stars Rollercoaster of a read, 25 Mar. 2012
Fascinating book, well written and great storyline.

A device which can determined whether a person is lying or not. The Governments, of course, don't want the population to be able to know when their politicians are lying. There is a shuffling of position as people resign and the world adjusts to the fact that everything which is spoken can be determined a lie or truth. Situations from marital to murder unfold and evolve.

Another challenge is that the device can also alert the person when they are lying to themselves. Leading to some insights into human nature and how we can fool ourselves.

This book throws up interesting and challenging ideas. How would we react if this device actually existed.

I enjoyed reading this so much that I bought the sequel The LieDeck Revolution: The Sequel before I had even finished the book.

Page: 1 | 2