Profile for Stephen Watson > Reviews

ARTIC Cooling Alpine 64 GT  CPU Cooler
ARTIC Cooling Alpine 64 GT CPU Cooler
Offered by Wiziwoo Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Very quiet but may not cool enough., 22 Dec. 2014
It is a very quiet fan, you can hardly hear it, but my CPU gets very hot.

It's an AMD Athlon x2 6400+ and max temperature according to Hardware Monitor was 73 degrees, the computer has frozen several times and needed rebooting.

I did clean all the old thermal paste off the CPU before applying this heatsink.
Other people may have a better experience than I did, but I guess for a fiver it is pretty good.
The main reason I went for a heatsink like this was that there isnt enough room in the case for a large one with 120mm fan.

I'll start looking for a heatsink with copper pipes but hopefully I can find one small enough to fit in the case and still give good cooling.

Mountright UMS4 Black Glass TV Stand For 32 Up To 60 Inch LED LCD & Plasma Television
Offered by TV Stands & TV Mounts

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks smart!, 29 Oct. 2014
This is a great TV stand, the glossy glass looks great, goes well with all my other black electronics.
Took me about half an hour to assemble. Be careful getting the glass out of the box as they are quite heavy. I cut the top off the top of the box and just lifted the glass out.

I have a 50" telly on it and the telly itself overhangs a couple of inches at either side, but still looks great and fits nicely.
The stand is wide enough to fit all of my electronics on.

Great price too, highly recommended.

Oh, and like someone else on here I too had a good read (and a good laugh) at the negative reviews. I was impressed that the company that manufacture this stand reply to the negative comments to help out with customers problems.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC DVD)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC DVD)
Offered by Gamesbuyer

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good., 1 Sept. 2014
A very good game, better than I would have expected given the amount of rubbish that comes out these days. IdTech 5 is as disappointing as ever but a driver update cushions the blow.

All weapons have an alt fire, but I don't use them that often because each weapon is assigned to a mouse button, LMB and RMB, as opposed to both firing at the same time when LMB is used, might take some getting used to.

Getting headshots on Nazis with powerful guns never gets old.

The levels are good with some variety and the cut scenes and dialogue is very well done, some of the monologues are funny.

Also look out for the Wolfenstein 3D Easter egg.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard for the price. Backlight is great., 1 Sept. 2014
Great keyboard. The light is very nice and not too bright, it can be switched off and on with a button on the keyboard. And since the keys light up they wont fade away from long term use like with normal keyboards.

The keys themselves are a different texture to normal plastic keys, they feel rougher but nice.

It takes a bit of time to get used to compared to my old keyboard as they keys feel a bit stiffer, your mileage may vary.

NEW 1.8M SEGA SATURN RED WHITE YELLOW COMPOSITE TV AV GAME DISPLAY CABLE / LEAD
NEW 1.8M SEGA SATURN RED WHITE YELLOW COMPOSITE TV AV GAME DISPLAY CABLE / LEAD
Offered by RoughCurve

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Aug. 2014
Works fine with my Saturn.

Crucial CT240M500SSD1 240GB M500 SATA 6Gb/s 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive
Crucial CT240M500SSD1 240GB M500 SATA 6Gb/s 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Quick, 15 Mar. 2014
Really fast at loading up Windows. Makes me sick thinking how long my old mechanical drive used to take to boot up.

Haven't tested any games on this as it is used for Windows and all other desktop programs.

Corsair Builder Series CX 500 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit
Corsair Builder Series CX 500 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool and Quiet, 15 Mar. 2014
This PSU runs cool and quiet, which is what you want from a PSU.
No problems with it so far.
It comes with 4 or 5 cable ties so you can tie unused cables out of the way.

ASSASSIN'S CREED IV Black Flag Men's Leather Wallet with Golden Symbol Logo, Brown (LW040401ASC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great wallet, 15 Mar. 2014
Very good quality, holds everything I need.
The only thing is there is a small pocket at the front and I don't know what to put in there, cards won't fit in there, only coins, but its not a zip pocket so possibly coins MIGHT fall out, only slight possibility but it might happen.

There are no zip pockets on this wallet, so take that into account before buying.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2014 8:47 AM GMT

Akasa AK-CC4013EP01 Nero 3 CPU Cooler
Akasa AK-CC4013EP01 Nero 3 CPU Cooler

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but rather large, cooler, 15 Mar. 2014
This is a very good cooler. It runs very quiet, even when my CPU is under full load, I'm using it on an AMD FX 8350, but it is not overclocked.

Heat never seems to be a problem.

The only slight problem is that its rather large, it's best to check the dimensions and make sure it will fit inside your case properly before buying it. With mine it was slightly touching the hard plastic cover that houses an internal fan, creating a very slight, but annoying, intermittent whirring noise. Luckily I could remove the other internal fan, meaning there is a small vent like gap on the side of my case now that this CPU fan is now using to suck in air.

Pacific Rim [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Pacific Rim [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Idris Elba

4.0 out of 5 stars Best film I've seen in a long time!, 2 Nov. 2013
There are only two films I've been to see more than once in the cinema due to sheer awesomeness, one is Jurassic Park, the other is Pacific Rim.
This film doesn't have an amazing plot or great characters, in fact two of the characters are near identical and I ended up getting confused. Although for a sci-fi action film the story and characters do do a good job. It does have some great action and special effects, and the designs of the Kaiju and Jagers are great.

I'll say that this film won't be for everyone, watch the trailer, if you don't like the trailer then you won't like the film, if you do like the trailer then you will love the film! Giant robots battling Giant beasts, it's a great no nonsense way to enjoy a couple of hours. I loved this film and it's easily the best new film I've seen in the last 10 years. No other nonsense that has come out recently even comes close. I can't wait for a sequel.

Edit:
Just an update after getting it on blu-ray. This film looks absolutely amazing on blu-ray, the quality is second to none, and it's still as amazing as when I saw it in the pictures. I'd give this film 4.5 if that was an option.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4