Profile for Mr. N. R. Macmillan > Reviews

Content by Mr. N. R. Macm...

Mr. N. R. Macmillan "nev" (UK)

Wallee M iPhone 5 Case in Black
Wallee M iPhone 5 Case in Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Great product, rubbish seller - avoid., 1 Aug. 2015
Avoid this seller. This product broke after 6 weeks, well within the 2 year Warrenty period. My previous one lasted 18 months. Just unlucky I think.
I reported it to the seller on several occasions but they are not interested. Therefor I would never buy again from these guys avoid them at all costs!
I will buy this again direct from the manufacturer next time.

Apple iPad Mini 1, 2, 3 (2012, 2013, 2014) Screen Protector, MediaDevil Magicscreen Matte Clear (Anti-Glare) Edition - (2 x Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars The best screen protectors for ipad and iphone there are., 14 April 2013
I bought this as I have a Media Devil cover on my iphone which is 2 years old and still looks great.
Don't buy cheap you will only regret it.

7" Black Slim Soft Neoprene sleeve for iPad mini, Amazon Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy TAB 7 Plus, Nook Tablet, Acer Iconia A100, Toshiba Thrive 7, HTC Flyer, Blackberry Playbook, Dell Streak 7 - 4G, 7" Inch Tablets Protection Reversible Fully padded Cover Case by KING OF FLASH
Offered by KING OF FLASH

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete bargin, 14 April 2013
Hard to beat for the money, my ipad mini fits inside this with its case and screen cover on which I just what I needed.

War
War
by Sebastian Junger

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, 6 Nov. 2010
This review is from: War (Hardcover)
I have read many books on the recent conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan over the last 7 years and I found this book the most powerful of all of them. Whilst I usually tend to focus on the British military experience this book caught my eye and I am so glad I bought it. The book is written by a professional writer who has spent a considerable amount of time with the individuals he studies. This makes for an incredibly intimate portrait of an infantry platoon but as he is not one of them it allows him to have some professional detachment, perspective and is just a better read than many of the books written by soldiers themselves.
Highly recommended to anyone who wants to learn about the Afghan conflict and the experience of 'war' through the perspective of the brave young men in the most austere and dangerous of battlefields.

Medal of Honor - Limited Edition (PS3)
Medal of Honor - Limited Edition (PS3)
Offered by musicMagpie

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not live up to it's promise, 6 Nov. 2010
The best bit about this game is the single player campaign which has some nice graphics. It is a shame that the story line is a little limited but the missions where you play an Apache pilot makes a nice break from what would otherwise be a pretty relentless round of running around the Afghan mountains. What really lets the game down in my opinion is the multi-player game. I believe it was designed by a different company and it really shows. Whilst the environments are nicely rendered (if a little small), the animation is just awful and is nothing like the standard that games like COD Modern Warfare are able to attain. The US soldiers are particularly poorly modelled, their heads are too big and their equipment does not look realistic. They appear to have been modelled by a different team to those that did the environments, they just look out of place and the whole things does not hand together very well. The inability to go prone in multi-player game play is also intensely annoying if you are playing a sniper and is unrealistic.
Overall I was glad when I unexpectedly finished the single player game as I was getting bored with the narrative and after a few sessions of playing in the multi-player mode I found myself ejecting the disc and going back Call of Duty Modern War.
I suspect a lot of these will find their way on to the second hand shelves very soon.

BlackBerry Bold 9700/9780 Privacy Screen Protector, MediaDevil Magicscreen Privacy Security Filter Edition - (1 x Protector)
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart easy to fit and well made., 4 Nov. 2010
Great cover lavishly and hugely over packaged to help justify the price as this is I have admit it works very well indeed. I think in the case of screen protectors you get what you pay for and I have had many over the last few years. The best so far.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Hit and miss, 4 Nov. 2010
I have used this arm band most days since I bought it and the more I use it the more frustrated I become. The problem I have with it is twofold. Firstly if I don't put my phone in just right it does not get a GPS signal which makes my coaching app I use with it pointless. Secondly and much worse is that the screen cover touches the screen in several places as it is made of a flexible clear plastic stitched to the neoprene. This has a tendency to give the iPhone false instructions. After about 10 to 20 minutes my phone is constantly changing song, switching on voice memo and behaving eratically and i am at the end of my wits Even minimising the screen does not completely cure the problem and again spoils the use of a coaching app. If they built a frame with a tight flat screen cover it would work so much better. I am now on the look out for an alternate design and as soon as I find one this will go in the bin. My advice would be try before you buy.

War In Iraq [DVD]
War In Iraq [DVD]
Offered by Retrotrader68

1.0 out of 5 stars An overview at best with factual errors., 1 Jun. 2006
This review is from: War In Iraq [DVD] (DVD)
Not for serious military historians. I bought this on the strength of the review here and was really looking forward to seeing some of the thousands of hours of news footage taken during the conflict. I was very dissapointed.

The DVD started by quoting sections of LtCol Tim Collins now famous speech on the eve of battle. Sadly rather than actually showing the speech, it was read out by an American narrator whilst stock footage of tanks and planes are played out. This really sums up the whole DVD.

The film relies heavily on stock library footage to pad it out and spends most of the time talking about the various planes and vehicles used. The film does not cover the campaign or any of the battles in any depth and does not detail any order of battle for either side. This reveals a lack of research.

The extras include photographs of British soldiers that although mildly interesting in them selves add nothing to the story of the campaign and appear to be an after thought. There are also yet more profiles of equipment used, yawn.