Profile for Mu Lane > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
HANRO Men's Long - regular Pyjama -  Grey - Grau (raven 1179) - Medium
HANRO Men's Long - regular Pyjama - Grey - Grau (raven 1179) - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave as a gift for Christmas, 11 Mar 2014
My son uses them not only as jamas but also as loungers. He loves them and now has a couple of pairs.

Brabantia Roll Top Bread Bin - Matt Steel
Brabantia Roll Top Bread Bin - Matt Steel
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have bought this years ago, 11 Mar 2014
I used a Tupperware equivalent breadbin for years, but noticed that the bread was going green quite quickly. Decided to replace it with a Brabantia Bread Bin. What a difference! Bread no longer going green and keeps fresher longer. No hesitation in recommending this one.

Hinged Earring Screen/ Holder / Up to 256 Pairs/ New
Hinged Earring Screen/ Holder / Up to 256 Pairs/ New
Offered by Great Ideas By Post
Price: 10.75

5.0 out of 5 stars keeps earrings safely stored, 11 Mar 2014
This is my second earring holder. I can see at a glance exactly what I have and what I can put in my ears each day.
However, as I now have a second holder will have to go out and buy more earrings!

Big Brother
Big Brother
by Lionel Shriver
Price: 3.85

2.0 out of 5 stars I expected better, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Big Brother (Paperback)
Lionel Shriver is an expert novelist with interesting ideas. However, this story is strange, to say the least. Frankly, I read the story with interest, but the ending is stupid and unreal. I felt that not only had Lionel wasted her time (hmmm, nice walk to the bank) but she certainly wasted mine. Can't decide whether to chuck the book in the bin or give it to the charity shop.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars snazzy, 21 Dec 2013
Delighted with my pretty butterfly phone cover and it's been much admired. Good value for money. Have no hesitation in recommending this product and I have made sure my friends know exactly where I bought it.

All Change (Cazalet Chronicles)
All Change (Cazalet Chronicles)
by Elizabeth Jane Howard
Price: 12.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A mish mash, 29 Nov 2013
I re-read all 4 of the previous chronicles recently, having been reminded of them by the Radio 4 serialisation. I was therefore really looking forward to book 5. What a disappointment. I am now on page 300, waiting for something to happen. The characters are wooden, careworn and tired. The children are just repeats of their parents, rather than late 1950's kids - remember, rock and roll was making an appearance and there were HUGE changes afoot. None of that appears in this book. EJH puts a fine sentence together but it's not enough. She does an awful lot of short chapters about each set of characters, rather than melding them into a plot (which is non existent). Put your pen down, Ms Howard. The fire in your belly is no longer there. Well written but faintly boring. One definitely needs to keep referring to the family tree, printed inside the cover as it has become difficult to tell the characters apart....

Wolf Garten DAM Multi Change Soil Miller
Wolf Garten DAM Multi Change Soil Miller
Offered by Price Attack Ltd
Price: 34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for weeding, 12 July 2013
This tool is excellent for weeding the plot - provided the weeds aren't too high. Good also for turning over the soil. My friend, seeing it in action, decided that she, too, needed one. What better recommendation?

Tom Franks Ladies Black Linen Blend Mid Length Shorts Size 14
Tom Franks Ladies Black Linen Blend Mid Length Shorts Size 14
Offered by Zest Clothing
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, really speedy service, 12 July 2013
I ordered these shorts on the 10th and received them on the 12th. I thought they looked a bit baggy but no, they are perfect. Just the right length (just above the knee) and a tie waist. Recommended
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2014 11:24 AM BST

The Realist's Guide to Philanthropy: What the other guidebooks won't tell you about how to get a grant from a private foundation

2.0 out of 5 stars For USA only!!, 8 Nov 2012
I bought this book because I thought it would help me with fund raising... Sadly it did not. It's a short book, which I read in one sitting, but it is definitely aimed at the US market and the possibilities there for fund raising. Just glad it didn't cost too much!

Fifty Shades of Grey: 1/3
Fifty Shades of Grey: 1/3
by E L James
Price: 3.50

1.0 out of 5 stars jaw droppingly awful, 17 July 2012
You just gotta admire Ms James. I read somewhere that this book is a result of fan fiction...? Or was it fanny fiction? I just had the feeling that the book was deliberately written with as many sex scenes in it as possible in order to sell as many copies as possible. Sadly the sex scenes are entirely lacking in eroticism. The writing is dire, the characters one dimensional and there is no plot or story line. But well done you Ms James as you dance all the way to the bank. What marketing! What a lucky bunny you are! Are people REALLY buying the sequels? Why?

Page: 1 | 2