Profile for DaveC > Reviews

Content by DaveC

DaveC

Berlitz French Premier Version 2 (PC/Mac)
Berlitz French Premier Version 2 (PC/Mac)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 Jan. 2011
This course has absolutely everything I ever wanted for learning French. The DVD covers all possible angles and has a unique setup for listening to the exact pronunciation and meaning of every word or sentence. I don't know any other learning system capable of doing this, it's such an important feature. Also,the fun tests for checking what you've learned really help to develope the memory and act as a constant guide to your progress. If you want to take the typing tests the system is even set up for typing in the correct French accents where necessary. How good is that! Ten out of ten: and I haven't even looked at the CD's yet!

Madison Telegraphe Mens Waterproof Jacket, Olive Large
Madison Telegraphe Mens Waterproof Jacket, Olive Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Great style, 14 Dec. 2010
Nicely styled jacket. Slim fit but still enough room for a jumper underneath.Great selection of pockets for all your bits and pieces.

Popeye the Sailor: 1933-1938 V.1 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Popeye the Sailor: 1933-1938 V.1 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by Newtownvideo_EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless, 26 Oct. 2010
I don't write reviews as a rule, but this DVD is a revelation! I can't believe how good the quality of sound and vision is on something made so long ago. Whoever cleaned-up and remastered this collection did a brilliant job. That's just the technical plus.
The cartoons themselves have stood the test of time better that I had ever hoped, looking as fresh and funny as they did when I first watched them as a kid more than fifty years ago.
An added plus was that this US-made DVD worked on my new blue-ray player, so I didn't have to buy a multi-region player.
Be warned: after watching it you'll want to add the other two Popeye collections in this series to your shopping list.

Popeye the Sailor: 1938-1940 V.2 [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Popeye the Sailor: 1938-1940 V.2 [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by simplyplay

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2012 9:29 PM BST

Popeye the Sailor: 1941-1943 V.3 [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Popeye the Sailor: 1941-1943 V.3 [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless, 26 Oct. 2010
I don't write reviews as a rule, but this DVD is a revelation! I can't believe how good the quality of sound and vision is on something made so long ago. Whoever cleaned-up and remastered this series did a brilliant job. That's just the technical plus.