Profile for E. Nelson > Reviews

E. Nelson (London)

Gund Animal Chatter Dino-Roars Dinosaur Sound Soft Toy Small - Stegosaurus
Gund Animal Chatter Dino-Roars Dinosaur Sound Soft Toy Small - Stegosaurus

3.0 out of 5 stars Sweet toy, horrible sound, 25 April 2014
This is a sweet little dinosaur toy, perfect for the recipient to carry with him in his little toddler backpack. The sound it makes is awful though -- a terrible mechanical screeching, not at all recognisable as a dinosaur sound. Unfortunately, the sound insert can't be removed (not without cutting into the toy anyway, which this might actually drive me to do) so I'm glad that I didn't purchase this for my own child.

iPhone 5, iPad Mini, iPad 4 and iPod Touch To USB White Charge And Sync Cable 1m

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work at all, don't waste your money., 25 April 2014
I should have read the other review on this product before I bought it, because now I'm stuck with it and have to spend more money on something that actually works. This doesn't work at all, and I can say that confidently having tried it with multiple devices and power sources (wall sockets and laptop USB ports).

It's not worth the effort of returning it by the time postage is deducted, but hopefully you'll do a better job than I have of reading the review before purchasing this as it's a complete waste of money.

Pampers Simply Dry Size 4 Large,(Pack of 2)
Pampers Simply Dry Size 4 Large,(Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 11 Aug 2013
These nappies are just right -- no leaks, even overnight, and a great price. No point paying more, these do the job and on subscribe&save they are the best price of any I've found.

Lamaze Jacques the Peacock
Lamaze Jacques the Peacock

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Lamaze toy, 2 Mar 2013
We have a few of the toys from this range, and they are all fab. The baby loves them and all the different noises, colours, and textures seem to mean they never get boring.

Vilac Stormy The Rocking Horse
Vilac Stormy The Rocking Horse
Offered by Preisalm

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, solid, classic rocking horse in fun colours, 2 Mar 2013
This rocking horse is exactly what I was after, not massive like some, just really well made, nice, bright colours, and looks like it will be around for my daughter to give to her kids. It was easy to put together, and the shdesign is done in a way that it is obvious and easy to fix if you made a mistake. It's really solid, and low enough that my daughter can easily get on and off by herself. It's sturdy but not heavy, so even if she did manage to pull it over on herself whne playing, it wouldn't hurt her.

The item arrived within days as promised by the seller, despite Amazon's despatch email which said it would take a month. I queried that with the seller, who responded very quickly and politely, and then the item arrived the next day.

I will definitely look at other items from this brand and seller, as I have been so pleased with this purchase.

The Dressmaker
The Dressmaker
by Elizabeth Birkelund Oberbeck

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic escapist read, dying to be made it a gorgeous film, 13 July 2007
This review is from: The Dressmaker (Paperback)
To any movie producers reading: Please, please buy the rights to this book and make it into a gorgeous movie with amazing costumes and sets. I suggest casting Eva Green as Valentine, and using Patricia Field for wardrobe.
This is a great novel, it reads very quickly and you really don't want it to be over as you get to the last few pages. It's absolutely crying out to be made into the next Devil Wears Prada (working title: "Siren Wears Couture"?), with great descriptions of fashion, and fantastic sceinc imagery. If you liked Devil Wears Prada and/or have an appreciation of fashion and design, you'll love this.
I'd lend you my copy but my friends keep stealing it from me to read and force on other people!