Profile for comrade_alex > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Sheaffer Tagalong Ball Point Neck Cord String Lanyard Pen - White Barrel
Sheaffer Tagalong Ball Point Neck Cord String Lanyard Pen - White Barrel

4.0 out of 5 stars Why are there not more of these!, 3 Oct 2014
Being a notorious pen thief and pen loser I got this, it does the job just fine.

BUT I've found and so have others that the cartridge already in the pen when it arrives is junk and doesn't work so I've had to use the refill supplied and after a bit of modding with a rubber band (because the refill is a different design I had to wrap a band round the bevel so would stop retreating back into the pen) I stopped crying.

I like the fact that the lid is on the lanyard, I like that.

WARNING: Do not use around heavy machinery like lathes, milling machines, engines or tensile testing machines... tuck it in your shirt... trust me...

Auraglow MR16, MR11, G4 LED Light Bulb Driver Transformer, 12w
Auraglow MR16, MR11, G4 LED Light Bulb Driver Transformer, 12w
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember to reverse one's polarity., 3 Oct 2014
Just remember to reverse the polarity when working with multiple G4 fittings and it will work just fine its nice and small and well built and at a good price. Its a much easier way of converting to LED than those grossly over price all in one bulbs you can get from B&Q and the like.

And its also all in the qaulity of the LED you buy than the transformer itself.

Darlac Plastic 2 Way Tap Manifold
Darlac Plastic 2 Way Tap Manifold
Offered by Bescol

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate it. It's useless., 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Darlac Plastic 2 Way Tap Manifold
The thread didn't of either of my outside taps and doesn't seem to fit anything, so I had to jury rig an adaptor so it would.

Once installed I turned one valve to "On"... turned on the tap and... nothing happened... then something happened, a slight trickle. I tried the other valve, even less... then water starts leaking from above the valves, glorious.

I then got angry and went an bought one which was only £3 from Wilkinson's and it works and it's half the price and I should have got it from there in the first place.

If you don't have a Wilkinson's near you, I'm sorry.

CE285A 85A Compatible Toner Cartridge for HP Laserjet Printers
CE285A 85A Compatible Toner Cartridge for HP Laserjet Printers
Offered by PerfectPrint

1.0 out of 5 stars Keep hold of your old cartridge..., 22 Nov 2013
£9.99, wow what a deal! Or so I thought, the cartridge looks good and fits right however after battling for 40 minutes just to get the printer to recognise the thing, it proceeds to print page after page of nothing, I followed the instructions on what to do to fix this, but an hour later I thought it better to just put the old cartridge back in and buy a genuine HP cartridge, 20 quid more but at least it will work.

USB Female Port OTG Cable Adapter For Samsung Galaxy Tab Tablet 10.1/8.9 P7510
USB Female Port OTG Cable Adapter For Samsung Galaxy Tab Tablet 10.1/8.9 P7510
Offered by Allske

1.0 out of 5 stars Save the couple of quid towards a pint..., 5 Jun 2013
Got it, put the files on my USB stick, the Tab 2 said "Can not connect to this device" when to take it out and the thing just fell apart, its in two pieces now.

The Remaining
The Remaining

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic, engrossing and easy flowing read!, 14 April 2013
This review is from: The Remaining (Kindle Edition)
I was a little sceptical with this book so I decided to borrow it via Prime as you do get some books on the Kindle store that are awful, truly awful that leave you thinking about demanding your £2.50 and calling the book police to charge the author with wasting your time reading their drivel that a year 7 student could do better.

And that's what I thought The Remaining would be, a World War Z, Walking Dead or Zombie Fallout, just another hack off wannabe clone, and if you have read WWZ etc nothing really hits the mark again and you are left disappointed, but I wasn't disappointed with The Remaining it sets out its scene and plot really well from the outset and D.J. Molles really knows how to set a scene. I have found myself truly being able to imagine the setting, the characters and the atmospherics of a story line so well. It's zombies are interesting and go against the established grain of thought adding to it's uniqueness in an over crowed genre.

It also flows really easily I didn't feel I was trudging through pages of waffle and getting bored waiting for something to happen, as before I knew it I was 75% through the book and I was done in a matter of a few days and wanting more! All in all, a cracking read and I will be following the series until the end!

I will add it seems the proof reading waned towards the end, but I'm guessing that was just a lazy proof reader.

Biogreen WM-P4 Warmax Power4 Paraffin Heater
Biogreen WM-P4 Warmax Power4 Paraffin Heater
Offered by Gardening Naturally

4.0 out of 5 stars Experience required., 23 Mar 2013
Got one of these for a 4x4 greenhouse on a plot, I got one because I remember my granddad having one, it was really easy to assemble and to use (wick height etc) and it heated the place great but...

Problem was, I didn't have a clue how to use it correctly which might have helped - I put the wicks too high which baked the funnel until it warped and it also ended up making more smoke than the Grand Fleet at Jutland.

If you are new to heating a greenhouse, go for electric if you have the means (I've been allowed to cut into the plot grid and Biogreen do a great little heater for £30) otherwise if you can't wire up, learn how to use it first by doing some dry runs outside and follow the instructions AND ask for advice on wick height and the amount of fuel to put in it!

ebertSankey Grostart 38 cm Unheated Propagator
ebertSankey Grostart 38 cm Unheated Propagator

4.0 out of 5 stars Does a great job, but it's tray is a little weak., 23 Mar 2013
So I just got my self a little plot in an allotment because I like growing seeds and I quickly ran out of room in the little greenhouse I inherited from the previous owner of the plot (God rest his soul).

So I decided to start off seeds in my new flat but soon found it wasn't going too well until I got one of these things and now I'm happily propagating all kinds of weird and wonderful things!

It's a standard size for a seed tray and the lid (I've found) fits a standard Stewart's gravel tray as well which is handy, it doesn't look or feel cheap, the vent slides easy with no flashing/burring on the plastic, it's only down side is that it has a rather weak plastic tray, which I found out when one end cracked when I picked it up.

Supergets® HTC One X x+ / XL Wallet Side Flip PU Leather Case Covers,Screen Protector, Touch Screen Stylus and Polishing Cloth -Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Phone or Wallet, but not both., 27 Sep 2012
I'm quite disillusioned by this product as I wanted a wallet phone combo and I expected so much and well; got bugger all but a piece of tat.

First off, I wanted to test getting my phone in and out of the fitting and getting my One X into it was easy, getting it out on the other hand costed by two nails and quite a bit of blood and a lot of my precious, precious time, as its so tight its near impossible to get out! (At one point I resorted to getting out the Leatherman in an act of desperation).

After bleeding for this piece of £2.59 faux leather I found to my joy that YES it can fit two cards into it, but sod all else! Put £40 in behind the cards... didn't want to close, so as like most right minded Englishman do, I made it close... Then as soon as I put in my pocket... The latch comes undone and it spends it entire time around town pissing me off.

Yes its cheap, yes its good value. But it's a load of rubbish.

OFFICIAL HTC One X/ Titan Slip pouch POS650 - Black
OFFICIAL HTC One X/ Titan Slip pouch POS650 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Mine fits fine?, 11 May 2012
I bought this product out of necessity as I don't like silicone or hardcase and I like my phone to be safe given all the other rubbish in my pockets.

Now, maybe somehow I've been blessed and got my hands on an excellent pouch but this product fits my HTC One X perfectly and is a major improvement on my Desire pouch as that had the problem that is you pulled too hard on the tassel it could get tangled and twisted which as a bloody nightmare to fix, this has taken a leaf out of some other makers ideas and stops short so it pulls up only the top quarter of the phone and as for it being loose as in other reviews its no different in that respect than my Desire pouch was that fell out if you held it upside down and wobbled around, but then again I don't tend to go around tipping my phone upside down, I keep it in my pocket or docked on my desk...

For around 8 quid your getting bargain as HTC sell this for almost 18 quid. ([...])

And lets face it, HTC are not going to make a new product when they can make one which services a variety of their products in one go.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2012 9:43 AM BST