Profile for EVZ > Reviews

Content by EVZ

EVZ "ev mcd" (Neath, South Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Exo Terra Monsoon Rain System
Exo Terra Monsoon Rain System

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, neat set up. Shame about the tubing., 18 May 2016
I bought one of these last summer (for considerably less than the Amazon price - worth browsing alternative sources ) and found it a nice piece of kit. I didn't have any problem with the pressure using four nozzles, two in a vivarium and two a couple of metres away to spray plants in my conservatory. All in all, I was perfectly content. This spring when I wanted to start using it again I found all the hoses had degraded so I was getting leaks all over the place. So after less than 12 months I have to find more hoses with no guarantee that they will endure any better than before. While my conservatory is cool over winter, it did not go below 10 celsius, so I don't believe it was the cold that damaged the tubing.

LG G4 Tempered Glass Premium Screen Protector by Gorilla Tech ® Invisible Shield Crystal Clear HD Quality - 9H Hardness Shatter & Scratch Resistant
Offered by GorillaTech

5.0 out of 5 stars Unproblematic., 7 April 2016
Applied very easily, seems effective.

Blueberry Pet 12"/30cm Back Length Let It Snow Classic Holiday Snowflake Pullover Hoodie Dog Jumper in Green, Winter Warm Clothes Apparel for Dogs Pets
Offered by Blueberry Pet UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 7 April 2016
My miniature schnauzer isn't very keen on this. She feels ridiculous in it and more seriously, I think she finds the hood irritating. Nevertheless, it does look very cute.

House of Paws Fleece and Knit Jumper, Small, Coco
House of Paws Fleece and Knit Jumper, Small, Coco

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical and warm., 7 April 2016
I like it and more to the point, my miniature schnauzer finds it acceptable when there is a chill in the air. It is soft and warm and not embarrassingly twee like some doggy 'clothes'.

Works for Violin and Piano - Christopher Horner, Violin
Works for Violin and Piano - Christopher Horner, Violin

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable., 7 April 2016
Lovely music. Not too challenging but not 'easy listening' either. Great performances by both artists.

Your dog and you: Understanding the canine psyche
Your dog and you: Understanding the canine psyche

3.0 out of 5 stars I was expecting more., 7 April 2016
I liked the concept of recognising that a dog's behaviour will be influenced by its owner's state of mind and so the dog and the owner can both benefit from cognitive behavioural therapy. However, there didn't seem to be any very concrete information about the therapy itself. I have already noticed that one of my dogs can predict my mood worsening before I am aware of this. How I improve my reactions to situations still needs some work and I don't think this book has any answers for me.
Specifically about the Kindle edition of this book: it's rather expensive but, unlike others that I have regretted buying, the illustrations are pretty good, you don't have to click on each image to enlarge it enough to see it. Not that the images are all that critical, just nice pictures of dogs.

The Raven's Seal
The Raven's Seal

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully entertaining, 2 April 2016
This review is from: The Raven's Seal (Kindle Edition)
I have to admit to being initially attracted to this book by the author's charming Latvian surname. The story felt a little like a romance by Georgette Heyer to start with, the language feeling sufficiently archaic to appear authentic. There is something of the gothic in the way the city is described and becomes an unsettling and brooding background character. The human personalities who populate the story do have a hint of the Dickensian but they seem more real and modern in some ways. There is a very likeable, complex hero and an even more likeable, feisty heroine who is a brave and honourable. Mr Baltakmens uses words to create extraordinarily detailed and vivid images which I found myself enjoying like phrases of beautiful music. The story is unhurried but there is action and adventure. In some ways this is like a Harry Potter story for adults and minus the magic. Nevertheless I found it magical and it is the best thing I have read for some time.

FSC Ginger Curcumin & Boswellia 120 Tablets
FSC Ginger Curcumin & Boswellia 120 Tablets
Offered by Blue Herbs

4.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend., 25 Mar. 2016
I have been using these for several years now and have very rarely needed to resort to taking ibuprofen for my arthritis. I find it better to take the tablets with milk rather than my usual cup of tea to avoid irritating reflux effects presumably due to the inevitable fillers.

Wireless Mouse,Splaks 2.4Ghz Wireless Optical Mouse Mice with Nano USB Receiver,4 Buttons, 3 Adjustable DPI Level (1000/1500/2000) Wireless Mouse for Laptop, Microsoft System and Mac-Black (808-Sky Blue)
Offered by Splaks-Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but good., 25 Mar. 2016
I have had this mouse for a couple of months now. I have not received any inducement for reviewing it. The size is somewhat larger than other mice I have bought for my laptop but it's a comfortable shape and works well. The price is a bonus and the quality seems fine. I have not had any problems with cursor control, it is nice and precise.

The Heart Goes Last
The Heart Goes Last

3.0 out of 5 stars Illogical and lightweight but with some entertaining twists., 11 Mar. 2016
I quite enjoyed this peculiar story but was surprised to find it was more of a comedy than it initially seemed. In fact the two rather naive main protagonists took on the personalities of Homer and Marge Simpson in my mind after a while. The plot could be from the Simpsons too. Which is odd because, while totally bonkers, it could easily have developed into something much darker. In the end I'm not sure what to make of it and whether I'd be tempted to read more by this author.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13