Profile for Zaria > Reviews

Content by Zaria

Zaria "reader" (London, UK)

Top 100 Finger Foods
Top 100 Finger Foods
by Annabel Karmel

4.0 out of 5 stars The next Annabel step, 23 Feb 2010
This review is from: Top 100 Finger Foods (Hardcover)
I have used Annabel's Complete Meal Planner since weaning my little boy but when it came to the next step I wasn't sure how to get him eating when he couldn't hold cutlery yet. I checked out Annabel's other books and this one was the perfect solution. With tons of recipes / ideas on things to cook and prepare that kids can pick up with their hands I found it inspiring and fun. My little boy is yet to refuse anything I have cooked! Some of the dishes look a little complicated but I think I will venture into them as time goes on, they look amazing. I'm sure I was never fed food like this when I was a kid!

Annabel Karmel's New Complete Baby & Toddler Meal Planner
Annabel Karmel's New Complete Baby & Toddler Meal Planner
by Annabel Karmel

5.0 out of 5 stars THE bible for feeding your baby, 14 May 2009
Every Mum I know swears by this 'bible'. It really is brilliant. I knew little or nothing about how to feed my baby but this book outlined it all for me in a really simple and friendly way. Annabel is obviously a Mum herself...the way she writes shows that she really understands what your questions will be and all the tricky bits of feeding a baby. She provides all the answers and the solutions. I got really into cooking for mine and it was nice to think that I knew exactly what went into what he was eating. I can't recommend this enough to new Mums.

One Good Turn
One Good Turn
by Kate Atkinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Kate Atkinson on form again, 8 Aug 2006
This review is from: One Good Turn (Hardcover)
One Good Turn is a sort of follow on to Case Histories, including some of the same main protagonists and as such marks a real path for Kate Atkinson into the murder mystery genre. It follows some of the themes set off in Case Histories but stands alone fabulously too. It is a must for anyone who is going to or has ever been to the Edinburgh Festival! However as an adoring fan of Atkinson I miss the more whimsical style of her earlier novells and this darker, murder orientated style isn't nearly as inspiring in my view but is still fantasticaly compelling.